Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Veritas

First Post
Drannick steps up to the Grand General and delivers a crisp salute "Major Rannick, Sir." There is a small measure of sympathy for the man in his eyes, for the loss of his son, but he doesn't dwell on it or let it distract him.

Getting right to business, he looks over the schematics for a moment. "If you've been unable to lock down both of those routes, sir, my first impression is that it's possible that they're planning on using them themselves. I'd like to hear where ther previous attempts have failed before I proceed, but my first thought is to have the city flood those particular sewer lines, sir."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Archimedes eyes the schematics thoughtfully. "Maybe you should have some men rig the sewers with some Thermal Detonators and just collapse all access to that level. That would leave just one obvious Ingress/Egress." He pauses. "Then, when their attention is turned to the ventilation shaft we could stage a feint assault into the shaft and while they are repelling it we could enter through one of the entrances that you currently have sealed off."

He unconciously toys with the safety of his rifle and then turns to the General and the Krayt Dragons, finally stopping to rest the gaze of his black helmet lenses on Major. Drannik. "They might not expect an attack like sir... after all, Stormtroopers are usually bull-headed and straightforward in thier tactics."

Looking at the General, "Sir, do we have access to the traitor's command personell's files? It might help our tactical planning if we knew a little of thier histories and experiences? Although... I dare say we've not got much time to formulate a plan."

He looks at Major Drannik and waits.

DralonXitz

First Post
Cadet Xitz walks into the room, coldly eyeing the Grand General, a bit in awe of his endless array of badges. Learning from his past experiences, he just quietly nods to the man and sits back, listening to what he had to say.

As he hears the information, a thought pops into Dralon's head.

"What happened today is in the past General, but I believe I have a solution to our dilemma. We cannot just force our way in, we'll continue to lose more able bodied stormtroopers. We can't override the system controls, they've got that locked down. Now,"Dralon says, stepping forward as he points at the ventilation shaft,"This is our key Sir. If we send one man there, quietly with an element of stealth, we can simply force them out. At the ventilation shaft, have the one man release a heavy amount of tear gas into the ventilation shaft. It will flood the room, and they'll have no choice but to surrender. If they refuse, they'll just suffocate. I believe this option will ensure victory with the least amount of casualties, Sir."

Dralon nods to the Grand General and quietly waits.

Veritas

First Post
Looking to the stormtrooper and then over to the newly demoted cadet, he turns back to the stormtrooper. "I was thinking something along the same lines. If they plan on using those routes, we cut off one, then use the other to lure them out. I think with the variety of experience they have, as the Grand General has mentioned, they will likely be expecting a trap as well. However, I think the key here is that they only have limited resources."

"With the rebel forces entering the area, we have to move quickly. I don't want to destroy part of the city's infrastructure, and setting up such an explosion would take time, so I think flooding the sewers would accomplish the same thing without the cleanup afterwards, and it would be accomplished quicker."

"What I suggest we do is follow the plan of staging a feint attack... however we should stage more than one, and choose one specific one to be the actual attack, with one backup, just in case."

"Grand General, do you have any extra stormtrooper armor available? I think I have an idea to add to this."

Last edited:

The General thought about this for a moment, then said, "The ventilation shaft doesn't cut off, so if we gas them we gas the barrack above. Besides, its a straight down drop through the ceiling. We left it alone because of that...as for the sewers, I'll order them flooded."

He paused then, thinking of what Rannick said, then nodded, "We've got a good amount of extra armor up in the barrack above. It'll take a few minutes but I can get it down here if you need it."

DralonXitz

First Post
Cadet Xitz, Imperial Pilot

Cadet Xitz nodded and said, "Understood Sir." He paused for a moment then asked the General, "Sir, you said it's a straight drop down through the ceiling. I request permission for this. While you flood the sewers and the men stage the feint assaults, with the Krayt Dragons committing the actual assault, I would go down this Ventilation Shaft using some kind of rope and approach into the building itself through stealth. Once inside, I will take out their leader, demoralizing the men and allow the men inside by unsealing the shafts. It sounds impossible, but believe me, I will accomplish it. I also would request a second DL44 pistol and 2 Thermal Detonaters if that is possible, Sir."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Archimedes looks at Cadet Xitz, the lenses of his helmet unscrutable.

Ballsey... and it might work, though the odds are definately against him.

"Are you sure you want to do that Dralon? That shaft is likely under heavy scrutiny, and with the sewers flooded it'll be their only way out. In my professional opinion, you're commiting tactical sucide."

Turning to Major Drannik, "The only forseeable complication with flooding the sewers will be if any of them can swim. It wouldn't be so hard to jury-rig a breathing device... hell, even a hose would work. It just seems to me like we're leaving too much to chance by simply flooding the sewers."

He pauses to think, the effect is most unbecoming on a stormtrooper. He addresses the General. "Perhaps you could post a squad of troopers in aquatic armor down there, just in case?"

Finally, turning back to Maj. Drannik, "I still think that breaching the facility via ventillation shaft is suicide, although you know I'll go wherever I'm ordered to."

Tyrcus listened thoughtfully to the suggstions of the others before offering his own.

"The traitors are in a strong position. I think it unlikely that they will leave that position to come out. But I like the idea of sealing the sewers with explosives, rather than flooding them, if not both."

He turned to the stormtooper.

"I think the Dragons need to go in. The General will need all available men to defend against the exterior assault. Looks like we're getting the shaft."

Veritas

First Post
"For the city to flood the sewers in this area, they'd have to pump a lot of water through... the effect wouldn't only be to fill the sewers, but to set up such a current as to make maneuvering in those tunnels extremely difficult. Setting up a guard at the drain will catch anyone already in there, as they're flushed out like rats." he smiles a bit at his comment.

"I agree that we should be the ones who go in. I want us all in stormtrooper armor when we do, and I want all men attacking the other entrances to be similarly equipped. It is not to assume we are up to your standard of training, Archimedes," he assures his stormtrooper comrade "it is so that all the attackers look exactly the same, and they will not know that we are one of the groups. We are the unknown factor in this assault, and we should remain so."

"And yes, we're definitely going in the shaft. The other teams will open fire on all of the exit points to distract them while we do. They won't be able to draw men away from those points or they'll risk a breech in their defenses. While they're distracted, we'll go in. We'll clear out the resistance in the middle, and then take out the guard posts one by one, catching them in a crossfire with those on the outside."

"And I think thermal detonators are a bit too potent for what we want. Simple concussion or fragmentation grenades will do nicely. We want to take out the people, not them and the building around them. If we encounter fire from the bottom of the shaft, we can drop a few grenades down there to soften up the defenders, and as a deterent for them."

Last edited:

DralonXitz

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
Archimedes looks at Cadet Xitz, the lenses of his helmet unscrutable.

Ballsey... and it might work, though the odds are definately against him.

"Are you sure you want to do that Dralon? That shaft is likely under heavy scrutiny, and with the sewers flooded it'll be their only way out. In my professional opinion, you're commiting tactical sucide."

Cadet Xitz slowly nods to Daxxon, his eyes lacking their usual rebellious fury.

"Maj. Rannik, and Captain Daxxon, I know it sounds like suicide. But believe me, I've been in tighter situations before. I have nothing to lose, believe me. Also Major, I do request you let me complete this alone, I know the Dragons are one of the Most Elite Units in the Empire, but my chances of success are dramaticlly increased by stealth, and 5 men down a shaft will not equal the required stealth results. I can handle this, trust me Sir."

Remove ads