World's Largest Graveyard

BluSpecs

First Post
Here lies Lugnut the barbarian. He was felled and devouered by a huge blue-gray wolf creature after being convinced to engage it with his battle partner who won Init and abandoned him to be owed by the pissed off blue-gray wolf creatures leader.

Cool cemetery! The artwork of the tombstones is very nice.

So, has no one else died in The World's Largest Dungeon? I can't believe that more low-level PCs haven't perished in this hellish* product! :D

*And I mean "hellish" in the best possible way. Thanks, AEG!

Last edited:

twofalls

DM Beadle
GM posting to Players Thread

This looks like a players thread, but as a GM I can say that I have slain 2 PC's in the WLD, and they have just completed Region A. My game is a little different though. Every player gets exactly 2 PC's to run through the entire Dungeon with. If they loose both thier PC's they have to play NPC's that get picked up in the Dungeon as their PC (including various monsters). Since there are 6 players, that means there are a total of 12 PC's possible, if all 12 orgininal PC's bite the dust, the whole party looses the game! :)

exile

First Post
I like the idea of two characters per player and that's it for WLD. I had a few players who mentioned wanting to try it, and that might just be the way to go about it. I've not looked too closely at WLD yet. Once the characters are in, is there an easy way out (to recruit more characters/restock supplies)? If not and the DM keeps slose tabs on supplies/ration, the game could take on a very tense/survivalistic feel very quickly.
Chad

KerPow

First Post
I am averaging 1 death (per four hour game session) for the two game groups I am running. (Though many are from low hit point characters going into rooms and getting pounced on by dark mantles.)

spacecrime.com

First Post
Hear ye! Hear ye!

Remember the names of these fallen adventurers! And watch out for mild spoilers.

Here is the roll call of our play-by-post campaign's dead:

Fingerz the Thief, moidered by that most treacherous PC Jocko Bandersleeves in B53. 655 xp.

"Father" Tony the Frockless Cleric, first of the party to die, who saw the light in room A78. 865 xp

Sister Patience the Monk, slain by the golden idol of B45. 2840 xp

D'Angelo the Pouting Drow Sorceress, killed when Grok the Barbarian mistakenly decided the fire rune in A113 heals everyone. 3435 xp

Phat Masta P the Rappin' Gnome Bard, who never saw that the darkmantles in A88 outnumbered him. 3835 xp

Kciredefrtz (pronounced "Shawn") the Fighter, slain by the golden idol of B45. 6785 xp

Twinky McRighteouspants the Paladin, slain by the golden idol of B45. That idol was a mutha... 8925 xp.

Trogdor the Burninator, who was eaten in the killing grounds of B111. 19130 xp

{snif!} They will be missed!

Well no, they weren't really.

cheers,

Demon Gnome

First Post
Group has had a total of 2 deaths so far, both in Region C. First one was killed by a phantasmal killer trap and then later the other was melted into a pile of goo by the local black dragon.

I guess I should add our paladin, who died in the same battle as my gnome cleric.

Kalian, noble follower of St. Cuthbert, you will be missed.

Or, at least, your Detect Evil will be missed. :D

Remove ads