Babylonian/Judeo-Christian Mythology

Jewish Deities

If you are interested in an interesting spin on modern judeo-christian mythologies, you might want to check out the Children of Fire setting/game, certainly one of the more original (free RPG)games I have encountered:
http://www.mimgames.com/cof/

Regarding the theological discussion - guys, this is a game. Don't take it seriously. As far as I can see there was no ill intent from any side here, only some misunderstanding. We are all here to create an imaginary world, and use the real world as inspiration. Religious truth, just like physical truth, is not realy relevant here - except as such inspiration. There is no need to either insult someone's faith (which I don't believe anyone tried to do initially, but the tempers are starting to blow that way) or to get offended (since no one tried to offend anyone to begin with).
I don't know about you, but I am here to have fun, not to have an argument.

hong

WotC's bitch
Forlorn said:

A debate about the history and evolution of a religion doesnt have to get ugly, just realize that you may walk away agreeing to disagree.

Heh. I never thought I'd end up on the wrong side of a religious tolerance argument.

I think Judaism and Christianity hold deep truths in their teachings. I think this is true for all the world's major religions. I also think these truths remain valid regardless of how Judaism and/or Christianity evolved. The destination is the same, no matter which road is taken, to steal a proverb from somewhere else.

I think I'd best stop now, before I end up even deeper in it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
And you know what I think? I think there's a rule on these messageboards about not discussion real religion. Stick to game stuff or just posting links to resources, please folks.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Re: Jewish Deities

ùìéè äîáåê said:
There is no need to either insult someone's faith (which I don't believe anyone tried to do initially, but the tempers are starting to blow that way) or to get offended (since no one tried to offend anyone to begin with).

Well I dont know about others but I have yet to even approach thinking about losing my temper. :)
And I really hope I have not insulted anyone's faith or casts aspersions on their character.

edit: Oh and sorry Morrus :)

Last edited:

Cyronax

Explorer
ùìéè äîáåê, Children of Fire is really cool! That's an impressive website just in terms of web design. I'll probably cull a few ideas from it, thanks!

C.I.D.

hong

WotC's bitch
Re: Re: Jewish Deities

Wicht said:

Well I dont know about others but I have yet to even approach thinking about losing my temper. :)
And I really hope I have not insulted anyone's faith or casts aspersions on their character.

Group hug!

Hong "kumbaya" Ooi

A2Z

Explorer
That Children of Fire site looks really good. Het Cryonax, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with when your done with your research. You should post it on the boards when your finished.

Cyronax

Explorer
Morrus said:
And you know what I think? I think there's a rule on these messageboards about not discussion real religion. Stick to game stuff or just posting links to resources, please folks.

Sorry Morrus, I guess I started the debate rather carelessly. I should have been more careful about my with my wording ...... :rolleyes: :confused:

C.I.D.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It wasn't directed specifically at you, Cyronax. It was more of a general comment lest the thread slide into religious debate (as it was starting to).

Cyronax

Explorer
BUMP! I'm still interested in hearing from other DMs who've used the pantheons of Old Mesopotamia/Babylon/Persia in their campaigns.

Also to repeat myself from before, does anyone plan on doing a Deities & Demigods writeup of any of the gods from said pantheons? Tiamat and Bahumat aside of course....

C.I.D.

Remove ads