Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

Wystan

Explorer
Okay I feel the need to contribute:

Race: Human
Class: Expert 2/Cleric (non-spellcasting) 1

Stats:
Str: 11 - Big boy that can lift more that is good for him
Dex: 11 - Deep knee bends and able to hold myself well, but semi-poor Hand Eye Co-ord
Con: 10 - I do not get sick, but that is due to a Disease (odd ain't it) - I do hate Pain
Int: 17 (IQ/10) 18 with the table above
Wis: 12 - I don't tend to do dumb things
Cha: 14 - I never lacked for a friend once I knew how to handle people (it was the learning that hurt)
Skills:
Knowledge Religion: 4
Knowledge Computers: 2
Knowledge Obscure Game Rules: 4
Craft Larp Weaponry: 2
Bluff: 1
Intimidation: 2
Profession - Flea Market Salesman: 3
(just the human skill points for lvl)

My church elected me Head Deacon after 1 1/2 years membership, I lead the Youth Group, and I teach the Junior/Senior High Sunday School.

I took one of those test things once, but I think they were just trying to make me feel better about myself. Here's a more realistic assessment:

Strength: 10. I'm pretty scrawny, but I can lift a lot of weight for someone with my build.
Dexterity: 14. I have amazing reflexes and I'm a good boxer and tennis player. People have a hard time hitting me.
Constitution: 11. This is kinda broad, but I rarely get sick and I can drink like a fish. Unfortunately, I get winded pretty easily and can't take a ton of punishment. 11 sounds safe.
Intelligence: 14. My IQ's 143, and I've always been above average in many subjects.
Wisdom: 8. Wisdom mostly focuses on perception, and most of the time I'm kind of absentminded.
Charisma: 10. People say I'm attractive and I get along with everyone, for the most part. I would have a few ranks in speech and acting, and door-to-door sales.

Sounds like I'd make a half-decent wizard.

derelictjay

Explorer
Why not
Str 14 - I'm pretty strong, especially my lower body, bench around 180 lbs. Can do push-ups and sit-ups 'til I'm blue in the face. Anything dealing with the usage of my legs set the weight at a minimum of 250 lbs (calfs, quads, gluts, take your pick)

Dex 11 - I'm not very coordinated. But I can do several dexterous things like type really fast, and have been known for intercepting flying objects and catching them.

Con 15 (maybe 16) - I don't get sick, and when I do its a mild brush off. Pain, whats that I can take alot of hits.

Int 13 (if you go by the chart above 17 IQ around 133) - I know I'm smart, but math is not my strong suit. I'm am however right brained so that might be part of that.

Wis 10 - I almost want to put this lower, because I'm absentminded, but I actually notice lots of things around me, which is the reason for my absentmindedness.

Cha 12 - I can turn heads when I walk into a room. And for the most part I am likable. Though my speaking ability needs a little work.

Arkhandus

First Post
Gnome Expert 1/Barbarian 1/Bard 1

I'm kinda short for my age, and I was much shorter for my age when I was a kid. My normal personality is more like a gnome's than a dwarf's or halfling's, though I've become more dour and gloomy over the years. I'm strong-willed and quick of reflex, and fairly healthy for the most part (strong Fortitude, Reflex, and especially Will). I got pretty fed-up with getting pushed around by high school, and started going absolutely berserk any time a jerk harassed me too much, making up for my meekness with pure, unmitigated wrath and tenacity. I have a lot of random knowledge and I've dabbled in a lot of things, but I'm not really trained in fighting, and I don't have any one significant talent, just a lot of minor talents. I'm averse to pain, but I can ignore quite a bit of it when I'm worked up into a rage against some jerk or another. I'm a surprisingly good sprinter despite my poor muscle mass and my asthma, which just means I can't sprint particularly long. I'm not very accomplished but I've learned a lot.

Feats Taken: Alertness, Extended Rage
Skills Purchased: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (obscure random facts), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (war), Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim
Useable Class Featues: Rage 1/day, Fast Movement, Bardic Knowledge 1d20+2

Strength 7 (or 8)
I'm meek, some muscle development problem or another kept me from ever building up a normal amount of muscle.

Dexterity 13
I'm a bit clumsy and bump into things kinda often, but my reflexes and sense of balance are great so I never really fall or drop stuff; also I have reasonable aim and a bit of experience in dodging, plus I've got kinda good manual dexterity, and I'm naturally a little stealthy.

Constitution 7 (or 8)
I've got slightly mild asthma, so I get tired and out of breath quickly, and I'm just out of shape nowadays; though I have no real health problems, I have mild allergies and my kinda-small frame, being a little short still.

Intelligence 13
I'm reasonably clever, a good learner sometimes, and kinda smart in general, but my memory is poor (need to spend more time in order to memorize something well, and can't remember specific details very quickly sometimes); I don't think quickly in a pinch, but if given some time and not too many distractions, I can generally devise a plan or find a solution.

Wisdom 17
Though I make hasty or anger-clouded decisions once in a while, it's not common; I'm naturally quick on the uptake, and very reasonable; I'm a whole lot more rational and clear-thinking than most people, not being clouded by any prejudice, arrogance, bias, stubbornness, or blind faith in others (only anger clouds my judgment sometimes), considering matters with a clear head and not jumping to conclusions; I'm extremely perceptive in general, and can't help but see and overhear what's going on around me, no matter how much I try to drown out distractions and focus on what I'm doing; I'm also strong-willed and do not let others influence my beliefs and actions, so I've never given in to peer pressure nor let the rest of my family's selfishness rub off on me, so I still consider the feelings and needs of other people; I'm good at judging people's state of mind, motivations, or the like, given some time and observation of course; I'm wary and downright paranoid (the universe IS out to get me, you know). :uhoh: :heh:

Charisma 5
The universe, and most people in it, hate me. I dunno why, I could never find a reason or solution, but despite all my efforts as a child, nobody ever cared one bit about me nor wanted to have anything to do with me, regardless of how incredibly nice and helpful I was. Though naturally shy, I always tried hard to be liked as a kid (without being creepy or wierd in that regard, though; I've always been wise enough to know the difference). Everyone still took an instant disliking to me, however, as soon as they met me; I was short and wore glasses, sure, but I've never been ugly or wierd-lookin', so I could never understand it. I've grown a lot more cynical and indifferent towards how people treat me, but I still try to at least look calm if nothing else. I've had few friends and never really had a chance to learn how to talk with people in a social manner; since most people just ignore me altogether. No matter my tactical/planning skills I could never get anyone to pay attention to my ideas when working in a team. I have some awful kind of anti-Charisma it seems.

Strength: 11 (This one is pretty easy to test with the lifting tables and a weight bench, so I'm pretty sure my strength is equivalent to an 11 in d20 terms)
Dexterity: 10 (I'm not so clumsy I'm at a penalty, but my coordination and flexibility is only average)
Constitution: 14 (I rarely get sick, recover quickly from injury and illness, and have far more stamina than most people I know, and )
Intelligence: 15 (My parents had my IQ formally tested at 153 when I was in High School, so going by the INT=IQ/10 rule of thumb I'll go with 15)
Wisdom: 12 (I'd say it used to be 11, pretty much average, but life experience over the last few years has definitely made me feel a lot wiser and now a hair wiser than average, so my ability score point at 4th level went into that)
Charisma: 11 (I wouldn't say I'm above average in terms of charisma, but I think I'm kinda likeable and decent, and I can speak before large groups so the high end of average is what I'd go with)

Alignment: Lawful Good (Every alignment test I've ever taken said I'm LG or LN strongly tending to LG).
Allegiances (d20 Modern alignment): Good, Law

Class (d20 Modern): Smart Hero 3/Dedicated Hero 3

Starting Occupation: Student (As many years as I spent as a full-time student, yeah, that's definitely my starting occupation.) (Permanent Class Skills: Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Civics, Research).

Kularian

First Post
LN Human Monk (high school wrestling and Tae Kwan Do)

Str: 13 (While slim, I'm wiry, and I've been known in many circles as "freakishly strong" *shrug*)
Dex: 15 (TWF requires 15 dex, yes?)
Con: 6 (I get sick more than anyone I know. And it lasts for weeks. It sucks.)
Int: 16 (I don't buy the IQ/10 thing)
Wis: 10 (I've made the most horrible decisions ever, (leading to a huge piece of meat missing from my arm,) but I'm very insightful. We'll call it average)
Cha: 13 (Mildly attractive, and charismatic when I want to be, but I'm too withdrawn to do such things)

Then of course, I'm an atypical monk, and I use pokey weapons about as often as fists/feet. *shrug*

interwyrm

First Post
Intelligence tests are a topic of interest for me.

I find it... humorous... that so many people say they have such high iqs.

I believe the people that say 150 or less. 150 is approximately 1 in a 1000.

170 is about 1 in 200,000
190 is about 1 in 100,000,000

Now, I'd assume that the enworld populace is probably a little bit above average. A little bit!

My personal opinion is that an iq score over 150 is unreliable and irrelevant.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'm rather more inclined to believe that EN World has a fairly above-average number of very smart people, Interwym. You should read some of the posts on other parts of the forums, by folks like Umbran and Pbartender (sorry but those are the only two I definitely recall right now who I'm certain are very intelligent folks; I'm terrible at remembering names). Or the software and computers forum, for instance.....

There are a lot more smart people on EN World than, ahhh, let's say 'un-smart' people on EN World. And a goodly number of fairly-average-intellect folks around here. I'm not really inclined to disbelieve the folks here who say they've been tested as having an IQ of 150 or so. I think the folks around here are pretty smart on average (less-smart folks would probably be spending their time online elsewhere, whether playing MMOs or chatting or posting to forums cruder than RPGnet or EN World).

Machiavelli

First Post
Get over yourselves.

Me:
Str 9
Dex 11
Con 10
Int 12
Wis 11
Cha 9

I'm probably over-estimating.

Remember, this is a scale for measuring the capabilities of FANTASY HEROES. You may stat up a wizard with an 18 Int, or a barbarian with 18 Str, and think nothing of it. That's because you're playing a fantasy game. In this same fantasy game, anyone with a 16 Con should be able to survive being shot in the gut with an arrow. Feel free to shoot yourself to prove me wrong.

A 19 Int? A 16 Con? Yeah, sure. Go ahead and believe that.

Remove ads