Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
http://wldrealitytv.pbwiki.com/Andrew Joyce

A version of myself going through the World's Largest Dungeon. For the other party members:

http://wldrealitytv.pbwiki.com/Contestants

And, a teenage version of myself in a PbP TORG campaign:

http://torg.pbwiki.com/Andrew Joyce

Actually have done this sort of self-statting multiple times before, in multiple campaigns. Always had different apporaches to it. For example, I've been statted up more as a warrior (barbarian or paladin) back in high school, while as I grew older, I tended to be statted up as a sort of wizard (or a warrior/wizard). An older, experienced version of myself crops up in old old friend's fantasy RPG (formerly D&D, now a thing of his creation)/fiction setting. Another old AD&D campaign had me & my friends as "false gods" (deified by a barbaric tribe due to our modern knowledge/tech/game knowledge) years after our initial appearance in the campaign (and some of my PCs were members of that tribe who worshipped these deities). I'm playing a teenage version of myself present during the start of the Possibility Wars in TORG. Another teenage version of myself was frozen & thawed out in the Cyberpunk reality. Superhuman versions of mylsef has cropped up in Marvel RPG games (both dice & SAGA versions), as well as in a Heroes Unlimited campaign (often as a Thor-like/themed hero). The only thing rather consistent with these versions is that I often wield a sword &/or warhammer, and use lightning/cold/weather-related magics/powers.

Sorta-recently, I've been trying to address this idea, esp. with the wildly different versions at different ages. For my homebrew D&D campaign, I intend to have some elements of past games crop up--how many RPG PC versions of my group & I showed up IMC. Because of this, we essentially become deified in the minds of the populace (who else but a deity could manifest in a variety of forms, displaying a variety of powers?), and various "relics" of the deities (e.g., lost/abandoned items used by the PCs) are scattered throughout the campaign world.

(As it is, our "deified" PCs don't grant divine power at all like an actual deity would; IMC, divine spellcasters draw power from certain Inner Planes due to their faith [so it's more in line with the non-deity worshipping philosophical clerics mentioned in the PHB, but it applies to all divine spellcasters, with a bit of Eberron-style pantheon worship]. Our "deified" selves just got added in to the existing pantheon).

I plan on running a Marvel SAGA campaign with this theme as well, though this time, the PCs will be amnesiac younger clones of the players (altered to possess powers), and the possibility exists for them to run into the "originals", as well as some dimension-traveling goodness where they can encounter the various other PC versions of ourselves. (then again, since Hasbro & Marvel have a sort of working relationship again, I may wait & see if there could be WotC/Hasbro Marvel RPG coming out down the line).

At first, we tried to keep the stats close to how we were (or saw ourselves with), but as time (& setting) allowed, we allowed for differences/changes when viable (e.g., the WLD characters were 25 point-buy, though we got a stat boost [up to 28 or 32 point-buy, I think] before we started; superhero games allowed for huge changes due to gaining powers; etc.).

Darklone

monboesen said:
This is turning into an interesting social study.

Take a reality check guys and gals.
Well, it's pretty common to see your own strengths as above average and your weaknesses as not too bad.

You're invited to stat me. I give descriptions and you tell me my stats?

Str: I'm lean but still weigh 8 kg more than I should (70 kg) considering my bones. Average size. Yet I always end up being the one who can carry the heaviest furniture when someone is moving. School brutes: I always was victim no. 1 and had to beat up 3 or more "friends". Wasn't a problem, I had an elder brother who kept beating me up. Means a lot of practice. Nowadays using a bastard sword and a battle axe for two weapon fighting...

Dex: I've been an archer since I was 5 and I am very good. I play the piano and I'm better at massages than most guys and gals around here who earn their money with it. I've been dancing a lot when I was younger and I'm a good sneaker (LARPs experience... I was the dude who always found the military instructor for the German Green Berets who was hiding in the woods). Considering myself, Dex would be my strongest attribute.

Con: I scarcely get sick and I can eat anything without problems. Yet I cannot take too many hits and rely more on dodging and blocking blows than on eating them.

Int: PhD in physics. The only IQ test I've ever done was kinda flawed, full points... because I knew all of the questions and answered all of them correctly in a very short time. I told them when I took a short look on the papers, but they didn't believe me before I did it.

Wis: I don't want to describe me like Shilsen (He's the best). Yet I'm the one even elder people come to for councel and moral support. And I like to sit on my mountain and stop to think. For months.

Cha: Used to be real bad (see above, shy and timid) but I'm getting better. A lot better. Most of my friends scarcely believe my stories about how I used to be 10 years ago. Might be explained by hundreds of skillpoints... so make me a bard.

Last edited:

Kwitchit

First Post
Statblock posted on ENW for the second time in 3 days:
Stats:
Str 12- school crew team...
Dex 10- clumsy but half-decent shot
Con 10- average endurance
Int 15- done very well in nationwide academic competitions
Wis 10- tend to miss the blindingly obvious, but I sail, and apparently that's a Wis skill...
Cha 11- slightly above avg, do well in debating...

Male Human Exp1
HD: 1d6 (6hp)- yes I'm a PC
Int- +0
AC: 11, touch 10 (+1 trenchcoat)
BAB/ grapple- +0/+1
Attack- Unarmed +1 melee (1d3+1 nonlethal) or rigging knife +1 melee (1d4+1/19-20)
Full attack- as above
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +1
Skill Points: 32
Skills: Profession (sailor) +4, Craft (Alchemy) +6, Knowledge (Science) +6, Knowledge (mathematics) +5, Knowledge (History) +5 Knowledge (RPGs) +4, Knowledge (Geography) +2 (cc) Use Rope +3, Swim +3, Use Computer +3, Sense Motive +2 (cc), Perform (violin) +2 (cc)
Feats: Weapon Proficiency (rapier), Sea Legs
CR: 1/2

Expert Class Skills: Craft (Alchemy), Knowledge (History), Profession (sailor), Use Rope, Swim, Knowledge (science), Knowledge (RPGs), Knowledge (mathematics), Use Computer

Slife

First Post
I'm going to use 20 point buy, simply because it seems like a decent way to keep my stats in check...

STR: 6. I'm definately below average on this one. Dump stat!
Dex: 10. About average
Con: 14. I get sick less often than average.
Int: 17. I'm in the top two percentiles of intelligence.
Wis: 12. I'm moderately strong willed (18, but only in hindsight)
Cha: 9. I'm not very personable, but not significantly behind the curve.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Str 10
Dex 8
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 16

I am one to discuss and debate but I can easily win people over. Though I am unnaturally healthy as in nothing gets me sick. I can find things that others can not and am known for my very deep phrases and ideas.

Classes: Sorcerer 3 or Cleric 3 because well those play to my strengths of teaching or showing off.

a rough draft

Str 10
Dex 8
Con 13
Int 13
Wis 13
Cha 13

Expert 5
Diplomacy 1
Handle Animal 1
Knowledge (linguistics) 7
Knowledge (local) 1
Knowledge (geography) 2
Perform (oratory) 2
Profession (gamer)* 5
Profession (teacher) 3
Profession (student) 5
Improved Unarmed Attack
Skill Focus (Knowledge [linguistics])
Persuasive
Synergies:
Knowledge (linguistics) grants +2 to profession (teacher) checks made to teach language.
Profession (student) grants +2 to profession (teacher) checks made to teach study skills.
*Profession (gamer) cannot be used to earn income.

S 13 Not much arm strength but I have bulk strength
D 14 years of soccer and biking. Very agile for my size
C 10 (now) 12 (before) Before cancer/diabeties I rarely ever got sick or injuried
I 11 More about applying my smarts that raw brains....
W 08 I think I am smarter than I really am.
C 08 Hate crowds over two, poor grammar, worser grammer can't smile to save my life

oh my stars and garters! I would be killed by a flipping kobold commoner in one of my games!

Remove ads