Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

Squire James

First Post
OK, I'll give it a whirl...

Strength - 9 (13). I have a big frame with the potential to become quite strong, but I do not keep in shape. In a D&D setting, I would get in shape or die quickly. If you take what I have now, I'm a 9. About 1 year of fighting monsters would probably raise it to its potential of about 13.

Dexterity - 12. Excellent hand-eye corrdination and reaction time, not-so-excellent speed on my feet due to weight.

Constitution - 11. Have health problems due to weight, but have good endurance in athletic situations. I guess they cancel out to something near average. A year of fighting monsters would probably do something here too, but I'm uncertain enough about that not to give an elevated estimate.

Intelligence - 18. My "ego score", and perhaps an exaggeration. In my down moments, I think it may be as low as 14. My IQ is "only" around 120, but I have an excellent long-term memory and great problem-solving skills. I also have very few weaknesses, being at least average in even my worst subjects.

Wisdom - 13. I'm wise with money, which is worth a 13+ right there given the way most people handle money. My willpower is weak with regards to food, and pretty good in most other areas.

Charisma - 8. My "dump stat". No talent in social situations at all. I can "break even" when I'm at my best, but I usually feel unmotivated to improve my "people skills" because I feel I'm working under a handicap.

Class and Levels - Expert 5. Obviously, a year of fighting monsters would probably change this too...

Feats - Skill focus (craft computer program), Skill focus (knowledge mathematics), skill focus (gather information)

Skills - Craft (computer program) +15, Knowledge (mathematics) +15, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Gather Information +11, Listen +5, Spot +5, Spellcraft +7. Some of this is due to actual knowledge of the D&D system (knowledge that most people of the setting itself would be unaware of), and may actually be higher than what is listed.

ashockney

First Post
Gotta do it...

Str - 9 (was consistently average, but haven't worked out recently)
Dex - 11 (enough eye-hand to play sports, not enough to be "good" at any of them)
Con - 8 (sick every year, don't hold alcohol well, etc.)
Int - 16 (using more of a bell curve, I'm definitely in the "above average")
Wis - 15 (I'm no saint, but have always found this to be powerful combination with INT)
Cha - 14 (never best looking in the room, but friendly, command attention and respect)

Ftr 3/Rog 2/Brd 3/Exp 6
I was a little scrapper as a kid. I studied the military, combat, and fighting techniques routinely, and applied them on my friends. : )
I became a bit of a rogue, meanwhile. Specializing in sleight of hand/bluffing/lock picking.
I turned my powers to the forces of good, and became much more diplomatic.
I became a performer, speaker, presenter, and most importantly - game master!
Then school set in, and I became very focused: writing, managing people, and understanding business have allowed me to face significant professional challenges and come out on top at least 51% of the time (knock on wood).

As to most of the posters on the board, I think you are overall UNDERVALUING yourselves, as most people most-often do in self-reflection. You are, in many instances, the best at what you do, and a critical component to our society as a citizen, professional, and as a gamer, one of the highest and noblest callings: an artist. You are probably much higher level and higher skilled at what you do then you realize! Straight up fighter taking on beholders and frost giants? No, not anytime soon, but still damn impressive.

I swear, I put my stats down as I see them, and didn't "back" into them, but ironically, it ends up a typical "non-heroic" 28 pts.

just__al

First Post
Str: 8 or 9 - not able to do that whole heavy lifiting thing but I'm not feeble
Dex: 10 - not especially graceful but not a klutz either
Con:13 - I rarely get sick, have a HIGH tolerance for pain and I was able to tough out gallbladder attacks and I walked away from getting hit by a car on my bike but the car had to be towed
Int: 14 - as evidenced by my IQ
Wis:8 - I "drift off" from time to time and often fail my real life listen checks.
Cha:12 - People seem to like me and I was able to get people to listen to me when I directed volunteer theatre (if you'd call Rocky Horror that)

I'd put myself at exp4 with max ranks in knowledge (computing) and various other tekkie skills from the 10 skills I get to choose from.

Last edited:

Storyteller01

First Post
Fighter 3/Expert 2

Joined the military, then went into dojos when I got out. The expert is the collage time after with ranks in computer use and such.

Str 9: Got out of shape after I married.
Dex 13: Love video games but generally lose at first person shooters, don't trip over anything, and I tend to dodge attacks well.
Con 13: I can take a hit, don't get sick often, and I live around smokers nearly 24/7.
Int 14: IQ/10 rule
Wis 13: Been told I have a decent amount of common sense.
Cha 12: Likable and easy to get along with, but not manipulative

Last edited:

javcs

First Post
Heh, according to the last records from a stat-test, I'm:

Strength 13 (possibly higher, maybe 14, I do 3+ sets of 10 reps of around 150 after running 6+ miles reguarly)
Constitution 16
Dexterity 18
Intelligence 17
Wisdom 12 (probably higher, more like 14-16, increasing PB by 6)
Charisma 10

Winds up with a PB of 50 . . . not quite so good as Shilsen, but close. :D

Racewise, probably human, perhaps a leprechaun, or so I'm told.

Physical scores: I run x-c, track, rarely get sick, play ultimate frisbee, can drop a frisbee on a running reciever who's covered, and while being covered myself, at will over a field's distance with any throw I know how to execute, I don't feel pain, I've hammered people down in midair collisions, decking them and coming out on my feet, before 6+ mile runs, do over 100 push-ups and sit-ups, then lift afterwards, I've been told that I'm not human because weather doesn't affect me, by which I wear short sleeves and shorts when it's at or below freezing with no ill effects, and when it's the traditionally hot, muggy heights of Chicago summers, I'm not bothered by the heat, I'm naturally good at not being noticed, even though it's not like somebody hitting me would hurt, it would wind up more trouble than it's probably worth, so I just don't get hit, and to avoid having to deal with a situation where I'd have to dodge unarmed strikes, I don't get noticed unless I want to be noticed.

Mental Scores: I don't always bother with doing my homework because my inclass work (quizzes, tests, etc.) are more than sufficient to get good grades, I typically notice when people are trying to pull stuff on me or stuff that's not immediately obvious, I lie pretty well, have been told that I'm attractive looking, but I have a brusque demeanor that sets people off, I'm good at intimidating people, but I can sweet-talk them too (kind-of), I'm very stubborn, suspicious of everyone and everything, I man one of the top three boards on the chess team, quit acadec 'cause I knew it already, have a repository of random knowledge in my mind, my classload averages to about two years ahead of the stock classload, but only one year ahead of the norm for my school, good memory, excellent problem solving skills, occasionally overthink things, draw up specs for a variety of things in my spare time, know at least a little about a large number of topics,

Class would probably be some sort of combo between rogue, scout, ranger, and perhaps either bard or wizard for additional knowledge skills.

Lorgrom

First Post
Str : 17 (due to being able to pick-up and carry objects that match the str chart in the players handbook)
Con: 10 (this low only due to being obease, when I was thinner it was quite a bit higher 14 or so)
Dex: 12 (Average hand-eye and balance)
Int: 14 (IQ/10 method)
Wis: 16 (Everyone has always told me I was much Wiser then Smart)
Chr: 14 (People like me a lot very easly)

Class(es): I don't need no stinking class, lol.

Barbarian L1 (Have a terrible temper as a child and would Rage when I got in fightes, which was quite often)/Fighter L2 (Learned to control my Rage, but still kept on learning more about fighting and warfare)/Cleric L2 (more due to spirituality then actual training, have had many deep conversations with every "holy person" I have talked with about religeon and faith)

Last edited:

Cavebear

First Post
Cavebear
Expert 2/Monk 1 (lots of judo, karate, kendo, and ice hockey)
STR 12
INT 14 (used to think it was 18 until I asked myself "what intelligent action have you taken recently")
WIS 12 (more stubborn than average)
DEX 5 (major injuries to both shoulders, both knees, both ankles, and my right hip have left me without mobility or flexibility)
CON 8 (out of shape since I stopped doing martial arts)
CHR 9

Feats: Improved Grapple (six years of competetive judo)
Skills: Lots of Knowledge and Profession skills, and some diplomacy

I did this entertaining mind exercise 25 years ago and I had a much higher opinion of myself back then--the optimism of youth I suppose.

shilsen

Adventurer
javcs said:
Winds up with a PB of 50 . . . not quite so good as Shilsen, but close. :D

It's always gratifying to know that I still set the bar in munchkinism. Or self-delusion. Probably both :)

Remove ads