Halfling Fighter Build Help

diaglo

Adventurer
Thanee said:
I thought Whisper Gnome was the best halfling subrace... ;)

Bye
Thanee

nah, the ghostwise halfling from the FR works similarly.

but the deep halfling is an interesting pick too.

Someone

Adventurer
I´d choose between the following paths:

-All fighter. There´s a good number of two weapon feats in Complete Warrior, and you´ll need a lot of fighter levels to get them all (not to mention weapon specialization and greater weapon specialization). In a pbp I´m DMing there was an elf fighter wielding two elemental-burst kukris and she was doing a lot of damage. Eventually, you´d go into Tempest, if your DM decides to allow Complete Adventurer.

-Swashbuckler/Dervish. Gains the Int bonus to damage earlier than any other option (3rd level), and that´ll give a much needed oomph to damage. Also, Dervish is a really good melee class for the lightly armored warrior.

-Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 4/Dervish X or Swashbuckler 3/Fighter 4/Tempest X. This one builds slowly, but adding the Weapon Specialization and Int bonus to damage grants a lot of two weapon pain.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Pbartender said:
Strongheart Halflings are the best halfling subrace to pick with thier bonus feat, but they are Forgotten Realms specific; you won't find them in the MM or SRD.
True, but at least mechanically, they're easy to sum up until you can look them up in your (or someone else's) FRCS: No +1 racial bonus to all saves, but instead a bonus feat like a human.

(Which admittedly isn't worth much if the DM says they don't exist in his world. ;))

Pbartender

First Post
diaglo said:
but the deep halfling is an interesting pick too.

I've grown to like them a lot. Halflings are suposedly geared toward being sneaky rogues, but they don't get Darkvision... They don't even get low-light vision. How sneaky can you be if you need a light source to see whenever it gets dark?

The deep halfling solves that by trading the racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks fo the dwarf's 60' darkvision, stonecunning and +2 to Appraising stone and metal.

The Jump and Climb loss is no big deal, and the stonecunning and Appraise gain is also no big deal. Losing the Move Silently bonus hurts a little, but gaining the darkvision more than makes up for it.

Darkness said:
(Which admittedly isn't worth much if the DM says they don't exist in his world. ;))

My point precisely. :D

Remove ads