Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

Super Girl

First Post
I'm interested as well, but not really in an evil game, if thats the over all tone that the party is taking, then I wish you guys luck.

Ferrix

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
Tempting but Ill pass on the scout. The paladin with species enemy dosn't fit my view of paladins on the green isles.

Bummer and again. Any chance any of us non-arcane casters can petition for feats outside of the listed books, since the Arcane casters get an extra book?

Mithran

First Post
If we are going evil I'm going to change to a human rogue/assassin. And I for one can keep focused and not go into mindless cruelty. :)

azmodean

First Post
For those backing out because of the party looking like it's evil, we have one rogue/assassin, someone mentioned playing a warlock (which is technically evil, but I don't really get that), and a Lawfull neutral monk. Not the most despicable of parties I've seen.

RedSwan78

First Post
Well, I don't want to play an evil character.

Grimhild is NOT evil, he's, well, just "special" (read- he's pretty stupid, but somehow, "wise".. hehe.. it's actually VERY fun to play :D )

Grim is Chaotic GOOD. Like I said, I'm looking at playing a Half-Orc Cleric.. MAYBE a level or two of Barbarian, but I'm kind of thinking not anymore. Evilhalfling, I want Grim to be a cleric of a god of War, Strength, and Luck... is there a god like that in your world? I was kind of thinking Kord from the phb dieties, but he doesn't have the War domain.. let me know if there is a god like that in your world, and we can go from there! (also, what their favored weapon is if they have the War domain).. or is it just possible that I could have Grim worship Kord? Let me know what my options are :)

Beyond that, Grimhild can be a "foreigner" that arrived years ago and has since become a "local", or he could have just freshly arrived. That's up to you if you would have allowed him to come years ago and have become a "local".

Like I said earlier, Grim is "special".. he isn't particularly intelligent, he is really impulsive, lives for the battle, but is also somehow "wise" and has strokes of "brilliance".. (one such example of a "stroke of brilliance" would be when Grimhild was battling against a Mimic, and found that his and his friends' weapons seemed to stick to the thing, and that fire hurt it, so he lit HIMSELF on fire and jumped onto the Mimic :D )

I don't own the Draconomicon, and I don't have any prestige classes that I'd be aiming for, or really anything specific towards defeating dragons, just a cleric that likes to fight. :D

Let me know about the God situation, and I'll build him for you to look at! (Grim has LOTS or personality :) I'll write up a description and background for him as well, based on the God, and if Grim could have lived in the town for a few years, or if he has to be "new"!)

Super Girl

First Post
I was leaning towards a Chaotic Good female Rogue.

History:
Kylala is the daughter of one of the town's blacksmiths, or she was until he was killed by a dragon on a trip to a mine for ore. Since then, the girl was left to her own devices. She had always been a nimble little scamp, and without supervision, she has blossomed into a thief of the highest order, not that she would refer to it as thievery, she is just hyper-active and in search of adventure. She could certainly earn a living with her musical talents, and has done so inbetween her adventures, but there is nothing that can compare to the adrenaline rush of putting your skills to test, and gambling your life on it.

There has always been a little something off about her, things have just seemed to happen around her. A room full of gaurds falling asleep, marks getting distracted at just the right instant. In actuality, she has had latent magical abilities that she is only now discovering consciously. She can't make what she wants happen all the time, but she is getting better. Not knowing much about magic, she is on the look out for interesting people to get to know, and at the top of the list, at least for the moment, are people that could teach her about her magic.

Just recently Ky went exploring in a tomb that was sandwhiched between two of the nearer dragon's lairs. She hadn't believed it was haunted, she was wrong, but the adventure left her with a pair of exquisite short swords, forged before the dragons had come, as well as some leather armor that is an inky black that almost seems to absorb the light and noise around it.

Personality:
Ky is very playful, she resembles nothing so much as everyone's favorite kid sister, out looking for adventure. She doesn't mean any harm with her pilfering, mostly just a test of herself.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
After thinking about it ,
I would actually be more comfortable with a good party,
So the CN warlock is fine, assassin is going to be nearly usless vs dragon,

@ azmodean the gui looks good. The chain is a two handed weapon, it already uses the off hand. The martial weapon question gave me an idea - chain as a martial weapon, has no reach (at least not as a standard action and threatend area). As an exotic it has reach.

@ Ferrix - sure, I could live with outside feats, tunnel fighting or that anti-grapple feat might be useful, what do you have in mind?

@ redswan no direct corrilation to Kord on the islands, but how bout a minor god of sailing/rowing with Strength, Luck and Water. If you want a war god Hymar, (as herionuis) and Xeam (as hextor). There is also the Maker and Unmaker religion, with the difficulty that the maker does not use swords, perfering weapons that can be turned to other uses.

or write up your own, I don't have a firm description of halforcs religion, although they are often called fair orcs and function as thier own race, which gets along with humans & islandars, although not dwarves.

@supergirl looks good, are you human, stout or hairfoot ?

Remove ads