Basic Concepts
Mithan - fighter/barbarian
Lefferts - CN warlock
Iamtest - ?
DiamondB - ?

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Something sort of like this... guess I ended up not needing any non-normal feats.

Also, what would be a good second favored enemy? Specific lackeys of dragons?

Funny how no one is going to play a straight-up spellcaster, guess the prospect of trying to hurt a dragon with magic is a bit of a headache. Although if no one takes up that call, I'll drop my ranger to fill that role if EviLHalfling really wants an arcane caster type.

[sblock]Aphram
Neutral Human Ranger 5/Dragonstalker 1

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 165lb.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Tanned

STR: 14 [+2] (6 points)
DEX: 16 [+3] (8 points, +1 lvl)
CON: 12 [+1] (4 points)
INT: 14 [+2] (6 points)
WIS: 12 [+1] (4 points)
CHA: 8 [-1] (0 points)

Hit Dice: 6d8 + 6
HP: 44
Armor Class: 19 (10 base + 3 Dex + 5 Armor + 1 Shield)
Initiative: +3
BAB: +6
- Melee: +8
- Ranged: +9

Speed: 30’

FORT: +5 (4 Base + 1 Con)
REFL: +9 (6 Base + 3 Dex)
WILL: +4 (3 Base + 1 Wis)

Abilities:
- Bonus Feat
- Bonus Skill Points
- Wild Empathy
- Track
- Favored Enemy: Dragons (+4)
- Favored Enemy: Humans (+2)
- Endurance
- Combat Style: Ranged
- Animal Companion: Eagle
- Hunting Bonus

Feats:
1st Level
- Track
- Blind-fight
- Point Blank Shot
2nd Level
- Rapid Shot
3rd Level
- Dragonfoe
6th Level
- Dragonbane

Skills: 72+7 skill points
Hide +12 (9 ranks, +3 Dex)
Move Silently +12 (9 ranks, +3 Dex)
Spot +10 (9 ranks, +1 Wis)
Listen +10 (9 ranks, +1 Wis)
Survival +10 (9 ranks, +1 Wis)
Search +8 (6 ranks, +2 Int)
Gather Information +3 (4cc ranks, -1 Cha)
Knowledge (arcana) +6 (4cc ranks, +2 Int)
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +4 (2 ranks, +2 Int)
Knowledge (nature) +4 (2 ranks, +2 Int)
Knowledge (geography) +4 (2 ranks, +2 Int)
Climb +4 (2 ranks, +2 Str)
Jump +4 (2 ranks, +2 Str)
Swim +4 (2 ranks, +2 Str)

Languages:
- Common, Draconic, Sylvan

Spells:
1st level – (1/day) Resist Energy

Equipment:
Melee weapons
-Slightrazor +1 Falchion +9 (2d4+4, 18-20/x2) Of elven design, this falchion’s hilt curves in the opposite direction of the blade, and it’s wide blade is whisper thin. (2375gp, 8lb)
-Cold Iron Light Mace +8 (1d6+2, 20/x3) (25gp, 4lb)
-Silvered Dagger +8 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2) (22gp, 1lb)

Ranged weapons
-Dragon’s Wing +1 Dragonbone Composite (+2) Longbow +10 (1d8+3, 20/x3, 130 ft.) This composite longbow is crafted from the bones of a dragon’s wing granting it exceptional tensile strength. (2500gp, 3lb)

Armor
-Burnt Scales +1 Mithril Chain Shirt This fine mithril shirt has been blackened by an intense fire. (2100gp, lb)
-Darkwood Buckler (205gp, 2.5lb)

Miscellaneous Magic Items
-Quiver of Ehlonna (1800gp)

Mundane equipment
-Adventurer’s Outfit (0gp, -lb)
-Arrows (400) (20gp)
-Backpack (2gp, 2lb)
-Silk Rope (10gp, 5lb)
-Grappling Hook (1gp, 4lb)
-Everburning Hooded Lantern (117gp, 2lb)
-Waterskin (1gp, 4lb)
-Flint and Steel (1gp, -lb)
-Bedroll (1sp, 5lb)
-Whetstone (2cp, 1lb)
-Trail Rations, 2 days (2gp, 2lb)

Weight Carried: 53.5lb
Remain money: 118gp 8sp 8cp

Description
Aphram is possessed of a lean and hungry look. The way he walks, each foot carefully placed heel-toe, to his slightly crouched stance, legs bent and ready to spring into action. His hair is shaved except for a single braid which runs nearly half of his height, capped with a carved dragon’s tooth. His skin is marred by hundreds of scars, small and large. He wears a mithril shirt, blackened permanently by some sort of intense fire. Strapped to his left arm is a darkwood buckler. Across his back is sheathed an interestingly designed falchion, alongside a longbow crafted from the bones of a dragon’s wing.

Personality
Aphram has taken the adage “the only good dragon is one that doesn’t want anything you have,” a step further, “the only good dragon is a dead dragon.” And he takes every chance he can to put his actions to his words. He is viciously pragmatic, and is willing to sacrifice so-called innocents for the greater good, which he affirms as the purging of the dragons. ‘Happy’ to work with others if they think along his lines, and by think he means act. The only happiness which he finds is in sinking blade or arrow in the finishing blow upon a dragon or one of their lackeys.

Background
Growing up in the Green Isles during the systematic extermination and subjugation of his people most assuredly left its mark on the young Aphram. Any chance of pleasant memories were destroyed when his family voiced dissent and was silenced. Those around him who he had considered friends of his and his family merely shut their mouths and forgot.

Being forgotten however has its advantages, and soon there were really none who remembered his family or him. This has in a sense let him walk with a freedom that others could not afford in their own private struggles. He has traveled in this way, his raven hunt driving him onward, for a number of years.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Super Girl

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Firm Concepts
azmodean - LN Monk
Redswan - CG 1/2 orc cleric/fighter
Super girl - CG rogue

Basic Concepts
Ferrix - Ranger ?
Mithan - rogue/assassin ?
Lefferts - CN warlock
Iamtest - ?
DiamondB - ?

My character would actually be a female Human Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 1, I know that that isn't really a maximized build, but will it be a problem with going up against a dragon?

azmodean

First Post
The monk using a two-handed weapon as an off-hand weapon is really a terminology problem with the system, I think of it as a "secondary attack type" and it clears everything right up. For instance an adult dragon typically has 5 "off handed attacks" (claw, claw, wing, wing, tail) It makes much more sense if you refer to them as secondary attacks. Er, I'll stop ranting now.

The PHB FAQ has a bit about the monk and off hand weapons, what it boils down to is that since unarmed strikes do not require the use of the character's hands, any weapon wieldable by the character can be treated as an off-hand weapon (with appropriate penalties, of course) and alternately the character can wield a weapon normally and use an unarmed strike as an off-hand attack (with usual penalties, including half str bonus to damage)

For clarification, here is what the character's attack options would look like:
[sblock]BAB: +4

Unarmed attack +7 1d6+3 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(mighty fists))

Flurry +5/+5 1d6+3 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(mighty fists)-2(flurry))

Chain +7 1d6+2 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(focus))

Flurry with Chain
+1/+1 unarmed 1d6+3 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(mighty fists)-2(flurry)-4(TWF with non-light weapon in off hand))
and +1 chain 1d6+1 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(focus)-2(flurry)-4(TWF with non-light weapon as off hand attack))

Chain and Unarmed
+5 chain 1d6+2 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(focus)-2(TWF with light weapon in off hand))
and+5 unarmed 1d6+2 (4(bab)+2(str)+1(mighty fists)-2(TWF with light weapon as off hand attack))

Feats: Two Weapon Fighting, Practiced Spellcaster, Exotic weapon proficiency(chain)[/sblock]

You are certainly in your rights to not allow this if you want, in which case I'll drop the chain use.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Asmodean - Im going to disallow it, after careful reading of the PHB.The monks on green isles have enough advantages, for me to give them the benifit of doubt. Although I do have the urge to hash it out on the rules forum, for the next time it comes up and my personal satisfaction. It wont change this game, but meet me over there anyway?

Ferris - looks fine, what is the background ?

Supergirl - I would say its fine.

Mitharn - If you are a barbarian, did you come from a tribe enslaved by a dragon?

Lefferts

First Post
Mantrone is a human descended from the demon Beeaybaracus. His lineage has given him powers which he cause fear in some people. This fear has cause Mantrone to wander around the lands, finally leading him to the Green Isles. He has come here to test his powers against dragons, to gain in power and riches, and possibly to find a home.

Mantrone's lineage has given him two things besides his power: purple eyes and a magical amulet which he wears proudly. This amulet has protective powers and is named after Mantrone's forefather: Beeaybaracus.

Mantrone is somewhat reserved around strangers, but bonds with people who accept him for who and what he is. He is a free spirit who doesn't like rules, however he does follow the law:when it suits him.

Last edited:

Mithran

First Post
I have decided on a good barbarian from a tribe enslaved by dragons, can I have a little more information on the enslaved tribes and such?.

Remove ads