Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Super Girl

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Kylala -
as you search the boat, one of the crew stops you: "Are you with that veiled man then? does he order you about like he does the captain then ?

Kylala looks a bit surprised at being stopped, as far as she knew she hadn't done anything anyone would consider wrong, but she quickly smiles at the deckhand's question. "No, sorry, I really don't know anything about the man. It was just good fortune that he was willing to ask the captain to give us a cheaper passage, maybe he thinks one of us is interesting to him." the girl offers with a good natured smile and a shrug, doing her best to come off as innocent little sister Ky.

OOC: Diplomacy +12

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

Grim stops his reading when Velsouvus approaches him to speak with him. Grim looks up mutting the word fricasee to himself, as if trying to pronounce it and remember it...

"Uhm, no, I think it good we both can grant power to everyone! It always good to be prepared for many battles in a day!"

(OoC- remember also, that Grim can always sponteanously burn a spell for a healing spell, I just tried to pick spells which I figured would have good general use, but probably will end up getting burned for heal spells)

Grim tries to stabalize himself on the deck as the ship starts to sail off.. ugggghhh, here comes that wavy up and down side to side motion again!

Grim listens as Kel'th introduces himself and asks his questions. Grim speaks in return to him, "Oh, you not see postings on dock? I guess dis place we go got's a dragon holed up in they fungus caverns, and they no want it there anymore. We going to go and do battle with it since it won't leave, and then we be heroes!" Grim smiles largely to the man. "Oh, and yeah this kind of why I come here. See 'mah friend I used to travel with had too hide and dissapear for a while and said it wood be boring, no battles. He told me that I could come to his homeland here, the Green Isles, and I would find lots of battles to honor Grishnaak with! A Dragoon make a good battle, so's I come!" Grim smiles from ear to ear once again at the man. "Why youse want to know Kel'th? You come back and pick us up when we big heroes?! Are you going to go do battle as well?"

After speaking with Kel'th, Grim thinks to himself Hmm, I shood probably change my armor untill I can asks Grishnaak for sea-legs and fishlungs. Also 'ah need to ask for safe voyage, like last one.

Grim proceeds to take his sword and scabbard off from the front of his PlateMail, and pulls a ChainShirt out of his backpack. He starts removing the dull-silver/bluish PlateMail, and to anybody that looks, is probably taken aback by the site they see. Now you can see just how *large* and *muscular* this fair-orc is. His chest, shoulders, biceps and legs all bulge with a thickness.

What is probably noticed BEFORE that though, is really, an almost horrifying sight. Almost every square inch of the fair-orc's grey/rust skin was covered in "X" shaped scars. Some looked very old, some looked quite fresh, a few looked only a couple of days old. In the center of his chest was one very prominent, large, and deep-looking old "X" scar. As if the sight of this wasn't enough, you then see the halforc kneel down and pull out his dagger. He closes his eyes and holds the dagger up to the sky, and you can see his lips moving, as if saying something. He opens his eyes, and grabs his left thigh with his left hand, and with his right, takes the dagger and begins cutting into his skin. He cuts one wobbly diagonal line, and then another one crossing it, blood oozing out of the wound, he wipes off his dagger and stands up, ignoring the wound, and puts on his chain shirt. He re-attaches his sword to the front of his chest (it would seem his chainshirt is set up to accomodate this weird "storing" of his sword just like his PlateMail) and his Morningstar hangs off of his hip. Grim stores his other belongings in the place that Mahka showed them.

(OoC- I kind of imagine that this would cause HP dmg to Grim, I was thinking probably 2 hp's, one for each "line" cut....?)

And there he stands along the rail of the ship, looking out at the waters and the land going by, massive shoulders/arms sticking out of the ChainShirt, scars all over them, and the blood from his newest cut just starting to dry.

Yeah's.. me thinks this be good journey!

Mithran

First Post
Hond (barbarian)

Hond seem's to dismiss the veiled man and walks over to talk to Grim about his... interesting rituals. "Grim what exactly are all those crossed lines?."

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

"Oh yeah's Hond! You said you want talk about Grishnaak, right? Said you never heard of him?" Grim gets a slightly puzzled look on his face and half mutters to himself "Why everybody say that?" He looks up at Hond again and says "Well, Grishnaak be great old fair-orc god of Strength, War and Luck! He was very powerful fairorc warrior that fought against a corrupt god, and defeated him and rose to god-hood himself! Dis was long long time ago though, and not many remember him for some reason, but me grandmother use to tell me of him! After a very religious experience 'ah had where I almost die, I found out it was Grishnaak that must have chosen me to be one of his new holy warriors, for he helped me live! Now I show my worship to him by doing many battles, for that make him happy! Also I tell people of him, but it's mostly fighting battles and being strong that makes him the happiest!"

Grim looks down at his body covered in scars. "This here is his holy symbol. Grim lifts up his chainshirt to show Hond the original X scar on his chest. "See, this here is what Grishnaak placed on my body when he help save my life, to show me that he was one who helped me live. Grishnaak likes scars, so every once in a while, I carve new scars on my body to honor him, and also do so when something important happen, or when I asks him for something important. It help show him I devoted warrior! What about you Hond? Do you have any scars?" Grim smiles a friendly smile to Hond.

Mithran

First Post
Hond (barbarian)

Hond smiles "A few, though I didn't have many true battles where I come from. So the scars are mostly from my journey to the city" Hond rolls one sleave up a little way revealing a scar that was obviously once a pretty bad gash "None of them are as big as yours though"

"Perhaps I do not know of your god because I come from far away from where you come from. Since you did say you came from a different island"

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Slaying a dragon and rescuing a town does sound Heroic. My purpose relates to the same problem, but on a larger scale. I voyage to an island where dragons fear to land. There is a source of power there that dragons dread, and I will seek to remove it from that island and turn it against them directly. There should be little by way of battles. More traps, riddles, and possibly diplomacy.
He watches as Grim changes out of his armor. Somewhat startled by the Grim’s form.
Of course if I am mistaken, it may necessitate the assistance of potent individuals like yourself and any of your companions willing to accompany me. I imagine you will be staying in the town for several weeks after slaying the dragon? I may call on you again then. Your friends should not feel indebted to me for their passage, as that was simply a gesture of good will on my part.

As Grim explains the scars, yes I can understand that, actions do more than words or prayers to prove your worthiness to such a patron. Self sacrifice most of all.

Velsouvus –
It will take a while to get him alone but you succeed eventually, I will let you know once the voyage speeds up.

Kylala – the crewman talks to you in a low voice Ooc: Diplomacy 8+12 =20
You be careful around him, then. The captain trusts him, and the captain is a good man, but he makes me and some of the others nervous. I’m Abe then, Makla asked me to show you the ropes.
Kylala starts learing the basics of sailing and gets a chance to try the going up into rigging, which she takes to naturally.

Aphram = Kn Geography 8+4 =12 that island sounds vaguely familiar, you think Lalreth might have mentioned it once.

Lalreth = Kn Geography 20 + 7 = 27 You have heard of such a place.
Tol Dur = the Black Isle had an evil reputation before the dragons came, and rumor says that the dragons fear it. Edit: changed my mind. Feel free to make up your own story
essential elemenets : Island has lighting storms and demons or devils rule the island

Last edited:

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

Grim listens to Kel'th describe his reasons for traveling and thinks that the lack of battle make it... a little boring sounding. He chuckles to himself at thinking that. I dun like traps and riddles..

"I glad we see eye to eye Kel'th! Although I sorry for you that you don't think there will be much battles. Perhaps some of da traps you will get to crush statues that come to life! Ah'm not shoore what we going to do after we take care 'o this problem for da town. Maybe they'll want us to do other things for them as well? I dunno, but I think we would probably be around there for a good while, yes.

Grim looks at Hond's scar and points at it saying "Yes, that good scar friend Hond! I just take liking to scars, well that and Grishnaak like scars, is why I have so many!"

After this, Grim will go and find the person that is on watch and will tell them "You or other person on watch can wake me up somewhere in middle of night to stand watch with you if ya like. I like night, especially out on boat, lots and lots of stars out!"

(kind of OoC- Grim wants to wake up pretty much around sunrise, so if nothing more is going to happen for the night, he'll settle down in a nice spot on the deck that was pointed out to him as being "out of the way" where the captain told them they could sleep on the deck [he did say that, yes?] and get anywhere from between 10 and 6 hours of sleep for the night [characters only need to get 6 hours a night, yes?] depending on if he's woken up for watch or not [he'll do 2 or 4 hours, just as long as he gets 6 hours of sleep and still enough time to wake up around sunrise]. Upon waking, Grim will "pray" for his spells by doing stretches, push-ups, sit-ups, and if he can find something, pull-ups, in general just exercises to make him stronger, while asking Grishnaak for his spells. On another note, if the time requirement/actions/happenings won't allow grim to awake upon sunrise, that's ok, he'll get the sleep instead of being "up" at sunrise. He doesn't *have* to be up then, he'd just like to is all.)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lalreth seems a bit startled by all of Grim's scars, though he really should have expected it. He followed the elven tenet that a mighty warrior with few scars was the one to fear the most, for he never even allowed an enemy to strike a return blow. However, at the stranger's description of the item and the isle...*

"The Dragonstone? Dragonstone Isle? You've found it? Ancestor's Tree, that would make quite a tale... I say, I'd be quite interested in traveling with you once we've managed to put another of those scaly devils down," Lalreth says, a hint of wonder in his voice.

OOC - I'm just making up names for the place, don't mind me. Lalreth, since he only has to do 4 hours of trance, will take the middle watch and the dawn watch, trancing through the first watch.

Mithran

First Post
Hond (barbarian)

Hond suddenly takes interest in the man again when he mentions something that could be used against dragons "I would be honored to assist you on such a quest once we have taken care of the dragon for this town we are traveling too."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Excellent. Perhaps others will agree if it becomes necessary. Shall we drink to it?
He passes around a small metal flask, first drinking from it himself.

For the first few days you sail only at night, anchoring out of sight of land during some days, sailing calmly on others. After a week of peaceful sailing you change to sailing days, and laying up nights. It rains several times, but no dangerous storms threaten the ship. Lareth and Grim both keep watch as part of a rotation.
There are two free hammocks below deck and you can arrange to trade shifts sleeping in a bunk with the crew, as for the first week most of the sailing is at night. Ke’leth sleeps in the captain’s quarters, and the crew grumbles about this, saying the captain has never allowed this before and has a preference for women while in port. Ke’leth is mostly seen at night. He is fairly social, although always formal. Makla handles most of the crew, while the captain provides navigation.

Voyaging
OOC: – Are there any crew or fellow passengers you want to talk to during the week of calm sailing? Does anyone else take watches? Keep in mind there are 24 hrs worth. Once the boat returns to regularly traveling during the day what do you normally do each day to fill the time?

Lareth – you learn that the name of the feral (bulbous-eyed kin to stouts and hairfeet) is Talas and he loves to gamble. He watches from the front of the boat at night. And the two of you are always on watch, as other crew rotates on an off duty.

Kylea – Abe teaches you the basics of Sailing, you gain no ranks, but can attempt Profession Sailor untrained. You should also consider adding ranks when you gain a level.

Velsoviarus:
You finally get the nervous crew member alone, he tells you that he needs to be officially punished. He stole a gold ring from a crewmate, sold it and gambled it away. The crewmate was drunk and blames town thieves. He is afraid the Wave father will punish him, and would prefer that you did it.

Remove ads