Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Ferrix

Explorer
Aphram nearly lets out a laugh when Lalreth says he'll "enjoy" traveling with folks, he draws out a pouch and drops it into the hands of the captain and then boards, eyeing the veiled figure with an almost predatory curiosity.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The large crew bustles around the boat, mostly human with a few hairfeet. They are setting lines and stowing barrels. There are is a raised structure in the back of the boat, with ladders going up to its roof on each side of a door. The door is just closing on someone wearing brown. Two masts rise above the deck and you see some of the crew are loading material down into the cargo hold. The Captain turns to address you as you come aboard.

I’m Captain Kharlan. Welcome to Rizxa's Unerring Compass (toVelsouvus )Ooc; 8+9 diplomacy.(I to F)
The Guild of the Wave Father holds sway on my home continent. Between the large empires and the petty ones the guild controls commerce. We travel also between the lands, following the code of the sea, but the rules don’t apply on the islands. The danger here is too great for ordinary ocean commerce. Only spectacular reasons like my friends quest, could persuade me to risk my ship. I guess he figures that Onuthod will not be out of our way. Yes Cleric, come aboard my friend is going to beggar me, but I did make that offer. There is 17 on the crew, its alright if you can’t feed them in one day. Excuse me, I have things I need of take care of.
FIRST MATE! Come get the passengers battened down.
He finishes accepting the money and turns to leave. At the same time from the hold a woman’s voice calls Aye, Aye, Sir!

A hearty woman with a square face emerges from the hold, she wears leather breeches and a loose white shirt similar to the captain. A leather girdle displays her ample bosom while providing some protection. Her hair is bound up in a bandana and a scimitar hangs at her side. She introduces herself to whoever is standing next to her. “Im Mahka Poel first mate of the Compass.”

Last edited:

Super Girl

First Post
Ky smiles at the firstmate as she greets the passengers. "Hello Mahka Poel, I'm Kylala, pleased to meet you." the diminuitive girl says brightly. The girl's eyes looked up to follow a crewman on the rigging, and she grinned wistfully, wondering if she would get the chance to climb it during the trip. To stay limber and in practice, if nothing else, the girl was always for learning new skills.

"Do you think that I'll be able to climb the ropes and everything? It looks like it could be a lot of fun." the young thief comments.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lalreth gives a wide smirk of a smile in Mahka's direction and raises an elegant eyebrow.*

"Charmed," he says, bowing over her hand and giving it a soft kiss.

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

Grim looks around the ship, taking it all in. What I gets myself into Grim thinks to himself as he taps his foot against the wooden floorboard of the ship Ugghhhh.. tossing and turning, waves, up and down! Must make sure to ask Grishnaak for "fish lungs"...

Grim listens to the captain speak and just as he's turning away to head off, he says to him "Yeah's Captain, me can feed them all in one day. I ask Grishnaak to do be able to do that tomorrow"

Seeing the "first mate" emerge, Grim's eyes widen... Oooooh! She purty! he thinks. Seeing Lalreth take her hand and kiss it, Grim rushes up next to him, almost knocking him (Lalreth) over and looks at Mahka, "Uhh, hello." Grim looks down at the woman, and his gaze locks on to her "ample bosom" .. "I'm Grimhild Uggluck, holy warrior of Grishnaak!" Grim pauses for a moment, still staring at her chest... "What uh... what does "batten us down" mean?" ... STILL staring at Mahka's chest...

(Grim stands there, next to Lalreth, with his eyes locked on to Mahka's chest, and will continue to do so untill either someone hits him or says something to him. :D )

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Captain turns and disappears through the cabin door. The crew continues bustling in the rigging and stowing supplies and goods in the hold. Mahka pulls her hand away from Lareth brusquely. None of that, now Im no fine lady in a palace, but first mate on this brig. Batten you down means to make sure your not flying all over the deck, getting in our way. Orc, I don’t care who you worship if it isn’t Rizxa or the wavefather, but wearing that much metal will get you in trouble with either one. Look you Lubbers, I hear we are dropping you off at Onuthod, It doesn’t have a harbor, so I would say we are dropping you off somewhere on the island. Between the tides and laying low to avoid them Great Flyin Lizards, it should take a little less than 2 weeks to get there. You will sleep in the hold or on deck, and I expect you to stay out of me and the boys’ way. At night there will be no light, any one who draws one o’ them to us will go over the side. The cabin belongs to the captain, you only go in with his invitation. She glances at Kylea appraisingly. Ill tell Abe to show you the ropes. Follow my orders and you may be of some help by the end of the voyage. I’m glad to know you wont all be dead weight on this trip. Any Questions?

Mithran

First Post
Hond Arvild (barbarian)

"No I think you covered it all thank you" Hond moves off to an out of the way place(Or at least one that appears out of the way) on deck and looks out across the ocean.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lalreth Evermoon, elven ranger

*Lalreth gives a sharp nod to the first mate, still with a bit of a cocky grin, but his posture is correct. He elbows the half-orc in the side to avoid him getting tossed overboard with his armor, and turns sharply on his heel to go strap his gear down somewhere secure.*

"Right, proper behavior and all that. Can you recommend a place that would be particularly dry? My bow needs to stay dry, and Hibou hates to get wet," Lalreth says pleasently.

Remove ads