• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Super Girl

First Post
Kylala

Kylala gives the captain a wistful grin. "Can't you do any better? I've lost track of the number of Dragons we have done for. Wouldn't our being with you let you go places that rarely see ships" the girl asks innocently, trying to lead the captain around to her way of thinking.

OOC:
Diplomacy +12
Bluff +10

RedSwan78

First Post
azmodean said:
Upon hearing the captain's price, Velsouvus turns to the rest of the group and says, That is what I was afraid of, if we had that kind of money, we could be there tomorrow. It looks like we will need to ready ourselves for a bit of a walk. I was travelling already, so am prepared to go immediately.

OOC: The above is intended as part of the barganing, a "walk out" threat. Diplomacy +8
Diplomacy check (1d20+8=11)

Grim nods and agrees with Velsouvus "Hmm, yeah you right, I always am ready for a good hike! We go, and I tell you about Grishnaak on the way!" With this, Grimhild turns and makes move to go, but hesitates a bit, waiting...

(OoC- is it possible to "aid another" with what Velsouvus is doing? Either way, Grim is just trying to re-inforce Velsouvus' "walk out" threat)

Mithran

First Post
Hond Arvild (barbarian)

Hond stops in his tracks as the negotions go on.

"Hmm, yeah you right, I always am ready for a good hike! We go, and I tell you about Grishnaak on the way!"

Hond takes Grim aside "Well if we are going to be standing here you might as well tell me a bit about Grishnaak"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The captain glances toward the veiled man, who continues to ignore him staring down at you. Now wait, this is the only boat headed near Onuthod, but perhaps that price was a little high, as you would provide some protection for the voyage. There are six of you, so I could make a detour for 600 gp total, and we don’t have a cleric on board, so if one of you can conjure food and water, his passage will be refunded. The boys won’t eat that stuff more than once a week, but it will help stretch out the rations some.

OOC:Velsouvus diplomacy 11 +2= 13 Hond and Grim supporting walk out threat
Kylala Diplomacy 12+(9) price negotiations
Bluff 10+(8)-5 (places the target at some risk), experienced dragonslayer

Finally the veiled stranger speaks – Bring them along, at guild rates. He turns and leaves.
Crap.the captain replies – Well you might as well come aboard then the guild rates are a silver a mile each, and I will have to consult my charts to get the proper amount, figure less than 300 gp total. Not that you islanders would know that as the guild doesn’t control the waves here…

OoC: Felix dragon habits Kn 18 This tells you that the dragon over Cebur is a night hunter, but nothing of the dragons around Onuthod.

Super Girl

First Post
Kylala

Looking around at the others, and doing a few quick mental calculations, she gives a small nod, she could pitch in her share of the passage without any issues. The Dragon's treasure trove would more then replace it, not that the money was really important, it was the curiosity about what Dragon's would keep in their lair that was the interesting thing. "Thats 50 gold for each of us, with any below 300 for the passage going to extra rations to ease the burden on the captain's stores." she says cheerily to the other would be Slayers. The girl pulls one of her belt pouches off, a rather plump one, and tosses it to the Captain as she scrambles aboard nimble as a monkey.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Sounds like a fine rate, I like that!" Lalreth says with a smile, pleased at his companions' bargining skills. "I think I'm going to like traveling with all of you."

*With a smile, Lalreth will take the price out of his money belt, and place it where the captain indicates. Hibou takes a long look around at the crew, nearly turning his head all the way around to regard them with copper-colored eyes.*

Mithran

First Post
Hond Arvild (barbarian)

Hond looks around at the others "Uh could someone cover my fare?, 18 gp. I'll give you 24 gp out of my share of the dragons hoard" Hond look's a little uncomfortable having to ask. Hond takes a pouch off his belt and waits for someone to (hopefully) give him a little more money.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I suppose I could do that, friend Hond. Come along, I'd hate for the dragon to miss you on account of something so silly as having no fare!" Lalreth says cheerfully, taking out the rest of Hond's price.

azmodean

First Post
Velsouvus climbs aboard the ship and tends his fare to the captain. I am curious of this guild, if it is not forbidden for you to tell of them. There is something to be learned of any organization that can operate in such a hostile environ as the Green Isles.

OOC: Diplomacy check +8, half trying to get on the captain's good side, half genuinely interested in the guild.

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

Grim listens as the man with the vieled eyes and funny colored lips tells the ship's captain to bring them all along at a cheaper rate. What *really* caught Grim's attention though, was the captain saying that the ship didn't have a cleric on board, and that if someone could conjure food and water, they would have free passage!

Grimhild climbs up the walkway to board the ship behind the others and stands before the captian. "Uhmm, yeah you's says that anyone that can conjure food and water get free ride." Grim puffs out his chest a bit "That's good, 'cuz I don't have much shinies, and I am a cleric to the great god Grishnaak!" Grim reaches into the top of the chest-opening in his platemail and pulls out his carved wooden holy symbol that hangs around his neck. Grim holds it out with one hand, and points to it with the other, the captain can clearly see the freshly scabbed over scars shaped in an "x" pattern on the back of Grim's hands, which matches his holy symbol.

"I didn't ask Grishnaak for that spell for today, but 'ah can tomorrow. How's many crew members ya got?"

(OoC- I didn't say what spells Grim had memorized, and since he is in town and not out at sea, it's pretty safe to assume that Create Food and Water would NOT be one of the spells he'd have picked.. he probably *would* have a "Purify Food and Water" spell memorized though)

Remove ads