One-word title for a Fighter-Mage core class.

Modeus

First Post
My group is stuck with a good name for a core class with strong fighting and arcane spell casting abilities. ( Imagine this to be some kind of Hex-Blade that can belong to all alignments )

Because I have some kind of aversion towards names like Favoured Soul ( My group preferred to call it Mystic ), could you dream up a one word title for this class ?

( I know Green Ronin has Thanemage but it does'nt sound all that hot. I would have liked Adept if it had'nt been made an NPC class. )

Regards

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Modeus said:
I would have liked Adept if it had'nt been made an NPC class.
Yeah, I like that too, mostly because it hearkens back to Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and Gray Mouser story, "Adept's Gambit" wherein a sword wielding sorceror presses the twain harder in combat than any other foe they faced.

How about runesword, runeblade, or runethane?

Stone Angel

First Post
Or maybe a play on an old term.

Like the Arcanus blade, the omni blade, we termed an old D&D wizard/fighter basically a human that progressed just like an elf, a Warlock but that is taken. Perhaps a steel magi, or....for some reason I am really one dimesional and cannot thinking pairing anyhting but blade with a mystic term, and I cannot get past placing a metal in front of mage.

How about a sword adept? or something of the like.

I give up

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Mageknight

Or create a new term that's appropriate to your setting. If I did for my setting, I might call them Shaloshars, after an NPC who was a warrior and a sorcerer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases