Bastion's campaign sketches/art and REQUESTs

Frukathka, I touched up the equitaur for ya, hope you like.
centuar2.jpg

Thanks
Bastion

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I love the new work, Bastion! If you're still taking requests, I have a PC that I'd *love* to see drawn up!

Aaril Smith
Male Shifter Monk/Druid 7
5' 9", 175 lbs

Weapons: Unarmed Strike, Shuriken, Liveoak Quarterstaff

Notable Equipment: cobalt blue sleeveless Tunic of Armor +3, crimson Sash of Strength +2, electrum Torc of Wisdom +2 (each end is capped with some horn taken from a defeated tiefling cleric of Hextor - one is carved into a symbol of Pelor, the other a symbol of Balinor), leather Armbands of Mighty Fists +2, waterproof grey wool Cloak of Resistance +1, Sandals of Tumbling +5, Eyebrow ring of Mysterious Funny Noises, backpack, belt pouch, gear harness.

Appearance: Aaril's head and face are always shaved to be completely hairless. Combined with his slightly grey skin tone, obviously pointed teeth, and elongated snout, he has an unsettlingly shark-like appearance. The feral outbursts of his inner beast do nothing to reduce this impression. He is otherwise a strong, healthy, and agile young man.

EDIT: Aaril's combat style is all about agility and using his own body as a weapon. He's extremely mobile, and uses that to its full advantage.

Thanks! :)
-blarg

Last edited:

Thrash

First Post
Request

I posted this in another request thread but didn't get any bites. I just found this thead and since I love character portraits but am horrible at drawing I thought I would put in a request here. I'll try to include all the relavent information.

Fenrig

26 years old

Pirate mage (air ship)

Level – 3rd lvl SWASHBUCKLER / 6th MAGE

STR - 10
DEX – 16
CON – 10
WIS – 14
INT – 20
CHA – 14

Human - youthful in appearance - smooth faced - possibly a light goatie - light brown hair, shoulder length - Hazel eyes - 5'11" 165lbs (nearly half-elven appearance)- Combat would find him using a rapier, whip and possibly wands.

He is a pirate bassically, brash sort of reckless, rakish. Of course he has a parrot familiar as well, but it is a little different than the usual bird.
Parrodile.jpg

Thanks in advance, I like the work I have seen so far.

Last edited:

Crimson Tide

First Post
Bastion: While I do not know if there is room on your plate for any further requests, I have one char in two different stages of his life that I would love to see brought to life via a drawing. The first is him as an older man who returned to adventuring after his son was killed in a cursed crypt. While he survived the experience, he now has no family left to return home to and wonders what fate has in store for a man too old for the road, but too young to simply give up and embrace death.

Balin the Elder
Male Human Abjurer 4

Hair: Formerly Brown, but now mainly gray
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid

Description: Leaning on the ebony staff that is just as tall as he is, Balin often looks like a man who is living on borrowed time. His gray hair and beard retain only the faintest hints of the brown hue it once had and his lower body no longer has the strength in it to allow him to walk smoothly with the wooden artificial limb that is his lower left leg. The end result is a slightly awkward gait that while comical looking at first gives Balin maximum result with minimum effort. However when his gaze settles upon someone, they quickly realize that while age and injury might have stolen some of Balin's youthful fire, his mind is as keen as it was in his younger days.

After traveling to Setti and surviving the encounter with the undead inside the crypt, Balin has taken to wearing his enchanted vest, bracers, and glasses at all times. While he has convinced the others he only needs the glasses for helping him read and examine things close to him, the truth of the matter is that his eyesight is not what it once was and without the magical lenses to compensate his natural vision as well, Balin would nearly be blind without them.

Important items: Darkwood Quarterstaff, Vest of Resistance +1, Glasses of Minute Seeing, Bracers of Prot +1, two wands (MM and Ray of Enfeeblement).

The second is when Balin was just taking to a life on the road and was still a novice to the ways of the world.

Balin of Haptooth
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Medium
Type: Humanoid
Speed: 30 ft.

Equipment: Quarterstaff, Light Crossbow w/bolts, 2 Daggers (one per boot), Traveler's outfit and backpack.

Description: With his darkly tanned skin, thick mane of brown hair and beard, and worn leather hunting boots, Balin looks more like a woodsman than a mage. However, while he is no novice to the woods, his heart and soul are dedicated first and foremost to the mastery of his craft.

His clear blue eyes are the best features on a face that is otherwise plain at best, and while he can still hold his own in races hosted at yearly festivals, Balin can feel a slight padding around his midsection developing despite his efforts to halt the “wizard’s waist” from settling in.

There is no rush on these projects, but if you do have a slow day and would like a contrast piece to do, maybe these would fit the bill.

Thank you in advance.

-CT

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Wow, Bastion, that's cool! Your rough sketches are far better than I can draw, period! :)

The build and clothing are pretty much bang-on! He's got the Longtooth shifter trait, so the big gnarly mouth is fun. Here are a few things I had envisioned slightly differently.

Body:
- regular hairy eyebrows, with less wide-set eyes;
- it'd be neat to see him in an active running or leaping pose, jaws ready to bite! (he's got a base 50' speed, +25 Jump, and he likes hunting down prey;))
- smaller left hand, possibly grasping for an exposed limb. (Imp. Grapple + Imp. Trip)

Equipment:
- Greek-style sandals with many straps around the feet and ankles;
- leather armbands above the biceps, rather than on the forearms;
- the horn caps on the torc are cut in a cross-section, with the holy symbols on the exposed faces. (Edit: a thicker torc would be cool - I was picturing it about 3/4" thick!)

Thank you so much for drawing him! You're a good man, Charlie Brown:)
-blarg

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Here is another request for you when you get around to it:

Female Maenad
8th Level Fighter w/Doppelganager Bloodline
wielding a Large Greatsword (monkeygrip feat)
equipped with Heavy Fortified Plate Mail +1

Remove ads