Bastion's campaign sketches/art and REQUESTs

Here's a sketch of a monk I did for a request.
Any comments or criticisms welcome.
monkrequest2.jpg

Thanks
Bastion

Verbatim

Explorer
Another great pic as always Bastion. The only thing I can think of to say how it would look cooler to me would be for the dragon to wrap around his forearm vice just sitting atop it. However, that is a super minor just me thing...:)

As always, can't wait to see the next one you do...:)

Your're probably right. In the initial quick sketch I did, I wrapped the dragon around & up the bicep, but when I did it on the "good sketch" I did it just on top for some unknown reason.

Well, I appreciate your opinion.

Thanks
Bastion

Lady_Acoma

First Post
Bastion I really like your work alot on several levels but there is one thing that almost consistently drives me batty in your pieces and I know it is something that is a big draw for me cause I pay so much attention to eyes in general, but a lot of your portrait's seem cross eyed. I know this isn't the most constructive criticism and I would like to offer you a bit better example of that at a later date, but I just had to get the eye thing off my chest for now. Like I said, it is a big thing that maybe only I notice cause I LOVE eyes. This monk, and the lion characters don't seem so bad, and of course not the bard, but many of your others do irk me a bit. Maybe to help if you held up a pencil to where your character's eyes are supposed to be looking, would both see it dead on, but I dunno. Otherwise I really do love your stuff and keep it up.

I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest. Yes you are right, I have noticed as well. The funny thing is I don't usually notice til after I scan and post it. And since I am really lazy and the furthest thing from a perfectionist you'll ever see, I usually just leave it. To top it all off, I am not to good with facial features and expressions to begin with. I am however going to pick up a drawing book for faces/expressions, I just haven't decided which one.

Thanks for the comments.
Bastion

Larksmann

First Post
Wow! These are really, really impressive drawings! Could you check out my requests here? (And please post them in that thread too, if it's not too much trouble)

PS: I especially like your monks. The posture on that last one is astounding.

Not really, I'm just a hack who scribbles in his quickly evaporating free time. I would like to keep practicing so I could get to the point where I would feel comfortable charging someone, but that seems pretty far away.

Thanks
Bastion

Remove ads