I'm an Uncle!

ssampier

First Post
My brother's wife had a baby girl Friday, March 4, 2005. Her name is Elizabeth Sampier.

My brother and his wife live and work in Germany, so I'm unable to see them. I would, however, I'd like to send a nice, personalized card to show I do care, even though I'm unable to visit. I was thinking including some German phrases on the card. Any German phrases you'd think would be appropriate? Keep in mind I don't speak any German, so keep it simple. At the very least I'd like to include the German word for uncle in my card.

Thanks

ssampier

First Post
My brother's wife had a baby girl Friday, March 4, 2005. Her name is Elizabeth Sampier.

My brother and his wife live and work in Germany, so I'm unable to see them (I'm native to the US). I would, however, I'd like to send a nice, personalized card to show I do care, even though I'm unable to visit.

I was thinking including some German phrases on the card. Any German phrases you'd think would be appropriate? Keep in mind I don't speak any German, so keep it simple. At the very least I'd like to include the German word for uncle in my card.

Thanks

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
uncle = Onkel
niece = Nichte

If you need anything else, lemme know. (I'm Austrian.)

I'm an uncle too, and have been for more than half my life even though I'm only 27 now. I love my niece a lot.

ssampier

First Post
Thanks all folks!

I decided to go with the phrase "Congratulations from your uncle Sam in the United States"

which according to Babble Fish is

Glückwünsche von Ihrem Uncle Sam In den Vereinigten Staaten

Obviously it doesn't like the word "uncle". I assume the corrected phrase is, "Glückwünsche von Ihrem Onkel Sam In den Vereinigten Staaten."

Remove ads