Reincarnation and gender of the new form.

The_Universe

First Post
I run a different kind of reincarnation, anyway - characters can only return in an existing, nearby body. The availability determines the sex and race, rather than the standard table.

Kemrain

First Post
The_Universe said:
I run a different kind of reincarnation, anyway - characters can only return in an existing, nearby body. The availability determines the sex and race, rather than the standard table.
Wouldn't that just encourage people to steal bodies with better physical stats than theirs?

- Kemrain the Bodysnatcher.

The_Universe

First Post
Kemrain said:
Wouldn't that just encourage people to steal bodies with better physical stats than theirs?

- Kemrain the Bodysnatcher.
It would.

But the campaign has a general prohibition against resurrection-type spells, anyway, which help balance them (If reincarnate is a crime, only criminals will reincarnate! ;)). As it is, it is a powerful motivator for the Evil of the world to dabble in dark magics (such as reincarnation). Without really changing much of the rules, it gives a usually beneficial magic a sinister cast.

Kemrain

First Post
The_Universe said:
It would.

But the campaign has a general prohibition against resurrection-type spells, anyway, which help balance them (If reincarnate is a crime, only criminals will reincarnate! ;)). As it is, it is a powerful motivator for the Evil of the world to dabble in dark magics (such as reincarnation). Without really changing much of the rules, it gives a usually beneficial magic a sinister cast.
Wow.. It's people like you that make me love being evil. Kick ass.

- Kemrain the Impressed.. And [Evil]!

The_Universe

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
I know ... I just got going with those p's and o's, and I just couldn't stop!
It's alright. Even I don't spell it correctly most of the time.

But I think we're hijacking a thread, so...

How about that reincarnation? Eh?

Kemrain

First Post
I think it's a pity the rules dont allow for gender change. I mean, whay's the point in dying if I can't come back as a.. Well, something else. Reading the spell description.. You come back as a youn adult. So, if you're willing to lose a level every once in a while, get yourself killed before you croak naturally, and accept a good chance of a new race, this seems a great way to get out of dying of old age!

- Kemrain the [Evil] and Immortal!

Remove ads