Reincarnation and gender of the new form.

moritheil

First Post
Yes, that's a classic way of explaining sonic elementals. Fun times. I wouldn't think that the actual elemental became a different element though :p I always interpreted it as "this spell summons a fire elemental by tapping into the plane of Fire; and now we'll alter it to tap into Sonic energy instead."

Jack Simth said:
I just have fun sometimes with things that are technically by the book - for example, an Archmage could conjour a (confused) Electricity Elemental (Or Acid, or Sonic, or cold) (it's confused because it was previously a Fire elemental; VERY confused if you go with Cold....) with the Summon Monster spells and the Mastery of Elements class ability.

Banshee16

First Post
Kemrain said:
I think it's a pity the rules dont allow for gender change. I mean, whay's the point in dying if I can't come back as a.. Well, something else. Reading the spell description.. You come back as a youn adult. So, if you're willing to lose a level every once in a while, get yourself killed before you croak naturally, and accept a good chance of a new race, this seems a great way to get out of dying of old age!

- Kemrain the [Evil] and Immortal!

I've thought of that myself. Basically, just have your character ensure that he dies violently before he dies of old age, and he can keep coming back, forever. Beats being a mouldy old lich. Maybe a contingent reincarnation spell could be researched that automatically brings him/her back in a random form upon death.

Banshee

Jack Simth

First Post
moritheil said:
Yes, that's a classic way of explaining sonic elementals. Fun times. I wouldn't think that the actual elemental became a different element though :p I always interpreted it as "this spell summons a fire elemental by tapping into the plane of Fire; and now we'll alter it to tap into Sonic energy instead."
Well now, that interaction isn't really spelled out, now is it? That archmage (Great class for Sorcerors by the way, due to the flexibility boost from many of the abilities compared with the Sorceror's highly limited spell list, the Sorceror's more available spell slots, and the lack of bennifits to the Sorceror class beyond it's spellcasting and saves (duplicated by Archmage - exactly - and then some - although the Archmage duplication misses out on the Familiar)) might just be tossing a free Polymorph Any object into his Mastered spell. Besides, it's a fun thought that the ex-fire elemental might look at you in confusion until you command it to do something.

Seeten

First Post
Never let the rules get in the way of a good story, is my opinion. If a gender change makes the story better, I say go with it, barring player freakout. Specific DM's should know whether its too much or appropriate.

Remove ads