A New Power

Super Girl

First Post
Kia continues her work on the lighting as she converses with Aasan, removing the components from a pair of lights to get the parts for the glow panel between the two. "I'm not worried about it, its been less dangerous to carry them ever since the Emporer died, and now even Imperial center has fallen to the Rebel Alliance. Things have changed, the Empire just can't get after everyone carrying one, and now some wealthy people even carry them if they are afraid to carry a blaster." she calls out, laughing at the idea.

"I am actually passable with the thing, and even if I'm not a jedi, I'm sure that eventually there will be some Jedi again. Its just a question of when, who knows, I might just be a Jedi Knight some day." she says the mirth carrying through her voice, if not through her facial expression in the dark. "Skywalker was a farmboy before he became one, who is to say that a corellian trader can't be next."

"Look, I don't need a lecture, or a father, I used to be on a path not so different from a jedi's. You wouldn't be able to tell, but I was accepted to the Corellian Security Force back home before the Diktat and the Empire purged it, just like they did the Jedi, I figure I have a lot in common with them, and thats really all that you need to know about it." The girl calls out defensively.

"What happened to CorSec was nothing like what happened to the Jedi!!" Aasan snapped back, a short burst of anger involuntarily grasping him. He puased a moment to calm himself, then spoke again, "I apologize for that...but it is a subject...very close to my life. I have seen enough young Force sensitives killed because of what they were or what they carried. Just because the Empire is dying doesn't mean it is any less dangerous.

"I mean no offense, but the path of the Jedi is gone. Trying to bring back a dead time is useless...believe me, I have tried for many years,"
with a sigh, he turned back to the boarding ramp, trying to calm himself by trying to get the thing to close completely.

((Repair +12.))

Angcuru

First Post
After some quick exploratory tinkering, Aasan finds that there are two main problems with the landing ramp. The power feeds that allow it to be commanded by the various control panels in the ship have been nearly severed. The Kel Dor may be able to repair them to a point, but to bring them back to full functionality he will need several hours, and a whole lot of insulating material so that the power lines don't electrocute anyone. The other problem is that the crash had apparently caused one the hydraulic arms that lower and raise the ramp had been bent near its center. Aasan can probably get it to open up to halfway or close it completely, but to get it to do anything more than that he'll need to remove it and bend it back into shape.

Super Girl

First Post
"I was there, I survived the purge of CorSec, my father and a lot of other Officers and their families were not so lucky. Dead is Dead, both worked to protect innocent citizens, and both were betrayed by those they worked for, being hunted by the Government that they faithfully served because of a shift in the political climate. I know of officers who escaped just ahead of Deathmarks being placed on them, I have one on me for escaping. If the Empire is going to try to kill me for one thing, I might as well make them do it for 10, or 15."

"I don't think the Jedi will be gone forever, I'm sure that the Empire was as inept at killing all of the Jedi as it was at crushing the Rebellion, somewhere, someone survived, or wrote down what they knew, or passed it on to their children. Somewhere there are Jedi just waiting to be found, and Luke Skywalker is already a Jedi Knight, or a Master, I'm sure he wont let the Jedi way die with him."

"Hey, if you can't get it totally working, just get it closed for now, we can always exit out the top hatch, or through the cargo ramp." Kia offers.

OOC: I'll take 10 on repairing the lights if its important

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
Adrial Strogg sat cross-legged on a straw mat, feeling the force within and surrounding the the basket of stones that floated in the air in front of her.

"Remember, Adrial. The force not only surrounds the physical materials of the universe, but is within them as well. It is in you, me, everyone and everything. Learn better to percieve the universe with the force instead of just your natural senses, and you'll be better able to control what you percieve."

Adrial nodded, concentrating on the basket. Although she had considerable skill with this aspect of the force, it was by far her least favorite. She felt the wicker weave of the basket, and the stones within. So like the stones she had unknowingly moved so long ago...Adrial saw in her mind the day when she lost her mother, when her pitiful attempt to save her life with a child's wish had triggered a rockslide that killed not only the nightstalker that was trying to kill her mother, but her mother as well. If only she had known what she was doing...

The basket fell to the floor with an audible crash. Adrial didn't notice. She was concentrating on holding back her tears. She didn't want to show weakness to Miera, but it was too late, the tears were sliding slowly down her face.

Adiral's mentor sighed, and began to gather the stones back into the basket. "You're improving, Idrial, but you must learn not the dwell on the past. The more you think of the grief and sadness you have experienced, the less you can concentrate on the matters at hand." Miera handed Adrial a small square of cloth to try her face with. "Remember that you should never let go of the past and loved ones you have lost, but you should not let them drag you down with them, either. You waited eleven years before you began to realize this and came to me for training, but I knew you could feel the force all along. If you had come to me before then, I would have refused you, because your grief could only have been made greater with training in the force."

Adrial wiped the tears from her face and nodded.

"Good, now lets go out for a bit. A nice long walk would do you good."

They left the large, elongated hut that served as a meeting hall and training center for Arias and Miera's Sethi learners, and after a quick gesture to one of the young wall guards, the northeastern village gate opened. A few more minues of walking and they left the edge of the croplands encircling the city walls and entered the wilderness.

Several hours of calm, wordless strolling through the heavily wooded area surrounding their village, Adrial felt a twinge in the force. Something unusual that she hadn't felt before. She turned to Miera, who was looking off to their right.

"I feel it too. Something...unnatural has happened not far from here."

As if to confirm her words, a single red, four-legged, fearsome-looking creature padded calmly out from a copse of trees and approached Mieara.

Adrial felt a wave of hate flow through her. A nightstalker. The same kind of creature that had tried to kill her mother. But despise them though she did, Adrial knew that this one was no threat.

Mieara reached out and scratched one of the nightstalker's ears. "So you've felt it too, Alloj?"

Alloj's face was dominated mostly by her race's five large fangs, but the small, beady eyes closed halfway for a moment as Miera scratched her ears. The nightstalker shook its head after a moment, and let out a short hissing sound, nodding off to their right.

Miera turned to Adrial, "I think Alloj has found the source of the disturbance."

Alloj hissed again, and started off into the forest, looking back towards them to make sure they were following.

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

As Alloj headed off away from them, Adrial nodded at her mentor. "Yes Master Miera." She began to go after the nightstalker. As they followed the beast she turned to Miera. "What can do you think it could be?" She gets excited at the thought of something new. "I feel... excited yet apprehensive at the same time. Is this a natural feeling?" Since loosing her all of her famaily she had always wondered if her emotion were correct. She always strived to 'feel' right. She smiled at Miera as they continued.

Angcuru

First Post
"I'm not sure, Adrial. It could be anything. We'll just have to wait and see." Miera said. "And it is quite natural to feel apprehension and excitement as well as fear together. They are often one and the same.'"

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

Later...

Adrial continues to follow the beast, along with Miera. Adrial thinking she heard something stops and turns to look. When she turns back, Alloj and Miera have moved on. Just ahead she can see that Miera has stopped in a clearing. She moves quickly to join her. As she steps out of the forest and into the clearing she sees Alloj nearby. She also sees Jorran and his escape pod. Never having seen such a thing she waits for her tutor's lead. She remains silent and looks to Miera.

Galethorn

First Post
"Were you in that ship that hit me?" Jorran asked, lowering his blaster. "And I hope I didn't hurt your...uhh...pet when it met me earlier. It gave me the distinct impression that it wanted to eat me."

OOC
I'd like to use See Force (which, come to think of it, I should have done earlier).

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
Miera is speechless for a moment before she speaks quickly. "What? No, no. You mean there is another ship out there? Are the communicans systems in your pod working? We have to try and contact it if we can!"

Jorran notices a very short woman standing next to Miera, looking unsure of what to do. Adrial is surprised that Master Pannar has reacted in such a manner, having always seen her as calm and deliberate.

Jorran's attempt to detect force users in the area yields a feeling of strength somewhat lesser than his own from the short woman. When he focuses on the taller of the pair, what he senses can only be described as instant sensory overload.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases