A New Power

Galethorn

First Post
After blinking a few times, Jorran regained his composure.

"I've got an short-range com system in the pod, but I'm not sure how it fared in the crash. Anyway, the other ship looked like it went down after it hit me. But...if you're not from the other ship, how did you get here? Are there others?"

Angcuru

First Post
After a few hours of work, Kia has repaired enough of the lighting to be able to see in every room of the ship, though it still isn't as bright as she would like it to be. Her work on the main computer was surprisingly quick and easy. Apparently, it had very effective protection against collision damage. Kia had but to replace a few loose wires, and the diagnostics screen sprung to life.

Landing ramp..............................damaged, extensive repairs required.
Sensors.....................................clogged, excessive organic matter suspected.
Communications..........................damaged, limited to short range.
Environmental utilities...................minor damage detected.
Repulsor Lifts..............................damaged, extensive repairs required.
Ion Engines.................................low power.
Hyperdrive..................................*ERROR*. Recommend manual analysis.

Angcuru

First Post
"You think the other ship crashed? Hurry, try and contact it!" Miera hurries over towards Jorran and his escape pod. "There are many more of us, in a settlement not far off. We were on a refugee ship that crashed a long time ago. Don't just stand there. If the other ship you mentioned didn't crash we might not be able to contact it if it's flown off by now!"

Galethorn

First Post
Jorran nodded and ran back to the escape pod. After climbing up the side, he lowered himself through the hatch. Inside, he brushed dirt off of the com system near the front of the pod. He set it to an open channel, and cleared his throat.

"Does anyone copy? I repeat, does anyone copy? Over."

Angcuru

First Post
"D... ...... copy? I ..peat, does anyone copy? Over."

Kia is extremely surprised to hear a voice over the comm, slightly staticy at first, but it cleared up quickly.

Not wanting to tamper with the systems too much, Aasan will leave as much as he can as is...just doing his best to make sure the boarding ramp can close completely for safety's sake.

Once done with that, he'll head to find Kia and ask more politely than he'd been speaking before, "What's next on the list of things to do?"

((...that's assuming he's able to fix the boarding ramp enough to just close and at least open enough to get out later. Also assuming he gets to the cockpit after Kia hears what she hears.))

Super Girl

First Post
Once Kia had gotten what lighting that she could working, she got down to the real work, the work on the computer system itself. The ease with which she got te diagnostic routines working made her smile, but the damage report killed her lopsided grin. It would mean a lot of work, if it could be done at all, and parts that she might have no way of getting.

"At least I have a hierarchy to work down, I can get Aasan to start clearing the organic matter off the top of the ship through the top hatch, away from those things." she mutters to herself.

"Hey, Aasan, I got a diagnostic up, that ramp is going to take some pretty extensive repairs, we should hit the more vital systems first, just get it closed and we can use the top hatch. After thats closed, If you can handle fixing some minor issues with the environmentals, I can work on the communications arra....." the girl breaks off in mid sentance as her comms crackle to life. She darts over to the panel, and clicks it open.

"This is the DawnSprinter, we have crash landed on the planet and are in need of some repairs, Repeat this is the DawnSprinter, we are on the planet in the middle of a river, we need repairs to get off the ground, over."

Galethorn

First Post
Glad to hear someone on the other end, Jorran responded.

"This is the escape pod from the Umber Dart, and I'm also planetside. I think we met in orbit. Are any of your crew injured?"

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

Adrial simply watched for now. She was in awe of someone off world coming here. Arias and Miera had always said that someday this would happen. But for some reason, Adrial had always imagined it would happen when she was much, much older. She also had visualized it quite a bit differently. She figured they would come and land right next to the settlement. A large shiny ship with many comforts. The crew would welcome them aboard. When they returned to where ever, they would be tagged as heroes. At least that was how she had imagined it. But these people seem to have crashed landed just like they had. Her thoughts return to that day so many years ago when she lost her uncle. She shivers just thinking about it.

Remove ads