A New Power

Super Girl

First Post
"No one is injured, just the ship is damaged, Repulsor Lifts, are out, Hyperdrive inoperable, and I don't know that we have enough power to lift us off again and get to orbit. Everything else should be fine with a bit of work. We might be able to repair the Repulsor lifts, but at the moment its difficult to get outside, theres a pack of Red Dog things in the area, we've killed a few, but they keep coming back to eat their dead."

"You can't have much in the way of supplies on the escape pod, bring what you have and join us, with another pair of hands, we should be able to get her working that much sooner. Bring whatever you can, power packs, energy cells, any parts you can pry off the Pod,"

"Uhh, Umber, exactly how many of you are there in that pod, I have myself and a Kel-Dor on the Dawnsprinter."

Angcuru

First Post
OOC - Just a note to clear something up. The creatures encountered by Jorrann and Kia/Aasan are two completely different species. The dog-things are more of a brown mottled sort (sorry, should have clarified that earlier).

Angcuru

First Post
Miera stands close the the pod, listening in on the conversation. Her face is a mask of concentration, taking in every word exchanged like it might be the last. At the mention of the dog-like creatures, she quickly taps Jorran on his shoulder, motioning for him to relay a message.

"They're called masliths. How many have you killed?! You have to get the corpses as far away from your ship as you possibly can!"

OOC - That's just a little marker so can distinguish between story hour segments.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

Adrial notices that Miera is standing close to the pod. So she walks over next to her mebtor and waits for a good time to ask a question. Once she sees an opportunity, she clears her throat. "Master Pannar! Will we need to lift this metal thing out of the ground?" If she answers in the affirmative, Adrial will continue. "You have taught me that size is not a problem as long as you use the force. May I try to lift the object when the time comes to move it?" Sheer excitement is all over her face.

Galethorn

First Post
"It was just me, but I landed near a settlement," Jorran replies. "One of the locals says that those creatures are called 'Masliths'...you should move the corpses as far from your ship as possible."

Super Girl

First Post
"So there are settlements here? Good, maybe we can get the ship repaired. Look, I don't know about moving the bodies around, right now we have our ship sealed up so nothing can get in, we shouldn't be in danger from anything. At the moment the only fully working access should be the topside hatch, so unless those things can climb a starship, we wont have issues. Well, unless the reason you want them moved is so you can get here easier. We've only killed a couple, maybe 4 or 5, just lowered the landing ramp a bit, but not enough for them to get in."

"Actually I think the things are more bown then red, if that matters to you. Look, I'll get the things a bit further away from the ship, if you'll use it to get closer. I'll even use my commlink to stay in-contact to you, just use the comm-gear to locate where this signal is coming from and get here." Kia says, frowning, not really wanting to go outside.

"Aasan, Lets get out there, I don't want to have to spend anymore time outside then neccessary, and I want cover while I do it. Grab your Carbine, and I'll start moving them, cover me in case more ome while I'm at it." she tells him, setting her commlink to on, and heading to the ramp.

OOC: from what I gather it can open and close halfway with no issues, but more then that is a problem?

Angcuru

First Post
"Commlink? Oh, just a moment." Miera fished around in a pouch at her belt for a moment before pulling out a small cylinder with mesh covering one end. She looks over Jorran's shoulder at the comm station, and sets the commlink to the comm channel she sees displayed. I hope this thing still works. "Hello? Hello, can you hear me?"

"I don't see why not, Adrial. But not yet though." Miera says while waiting for a response.

***​

As Kia lands on the ground, her commlink buzzes and crackles for a moment before clearing up. "..... ..... ... ... hear me?"

Aasan follows Kia out, keeping his eyes open and his blaster ready, "Ask them how far we'll need to move them. I can help you and keep a look out at the same time if we need to get these moved a long way."

Super Girl

First Post
"This'll teach me not to make blind hyperspace jumps trusting in the force," Kia mutters, though its easily picked up by the commlink. "Yea, I read you, I take it your one of the locals? Exactly how far away do we have to move these bodies? Some of them don't have much left cause they ate each other, then again, the last few do sincee I killed them to chase he others off." She clips the commlink to her vest, and then reaches down and starts to drag off one of her later kills, one that hadn't been gnawed on, pulling it down stream from the ship.

She intends to drag the corpse about 100 meters down stream, till its out of sight of the ship, and then she'll head back for the next.

Remove ads