A New Power

Angcuru

First Post
"Just make sure that they are nowhere near your ship. Masliths never leave a corpse alone for long, for any reason. The planet is crawling with those things. They're smart enough to leave you alone if you pose a danger, but if you get between them and anything even remotely resembling meat, they'll attack you regardless." Miera pauses and thinks for a moment. "Once you have that taken care of, try and locate the escape pod on your sensors."

Miera turns to Jorran. "It could be some time before they can locate your pod. You should return to our settlement with us." Miera turns to head back towards the village, when she is struck by a sudden idea. "Hold a moment. I don't know how much technology has changed over the years, but I remember that all escape pod-type vehicles used to have emergency transponders. If we can find that and remove it, we could take it back to the settlement with us."

Super Girl

First Post
"Understood, DawnSprinter out," Kia replied to the commlink, before getting down to the task. She drags the first of the corpses down stream using the water to make it lighter, as well as the smoothed stream bottom. Once Kia had gone a hundred yards down stream, she splashed her way over to the bank, and dumped the Maslith's body in a hole on the sand streamside. Then she headed back upstream to the Ship.

Kia repeated the process, dragging each of the brown corpses down through the water to the pitt that had been made by a tree falling and having its roots ripped free of the soft sandy soil. Once all of the bodies were there, she draws her blaster and drops the power level, and increases the duration so that it would catch the bodies on fire. Reseting the blaster to kill, she holsters it again and heads on back to the ship.

"Aasan, they want us to get to the pod and their settlement, but we need the sensors back online for that. I'm going to go up the access Hatch and clear the vegetation away, you work with the computer to see if you can't pin down the Transponder for the escape pod." she tells him.

Kia goes back in through the Dawnsprinter heading to her quarters. The jungle world was a bit hotter and more humid then space, so she decided to change into more suitible atire. Closing the door behind her, she changed into a pair of khaki shorts, and a black mid-drift that left her stomach bare. She slipped her blaster belt and lightsaber on again, tying the bottom to her right thigh.

Once she was fully changed, she climbed up the ladder and out through the irising tophatch, getting her firstlook at the top of the ship. She then starts to clear away all the debris from the sensors array.

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
"Well, it's essentially a high wall surrounding about three and one half square kilometers of space. It's not very large, but then again, there aren't many of us. Considering that most of us spend our entire lives inside those walls when not tending our small crops, it's not large at all."

She turned to Adrial for a moment. "You go ahead and try to lift that if you want, Adrial. You haven't had much of an opportunity to test yourself against something that large. But be quick about it, we should get back home as soon as we can."

"You're lucky you crashed when you did. The masliths are few in this area at this time of the year becuase they're up north for mating season."

Galethorn

First Post
Jorran Kaarai

"Well, you could say that. I'm also lucky that I made it into the pod at all. Which reminds me...how long ago did your ship crash, anyway?"

G

Guest 11456

Adrial Strogg : Female Human Sethi Consular 3

Adrial nods, the excitement apparent in her face. But then she closes her eyes, relaxes her thoughts and then reaches out with the force to the pod. She wraps her mind around the pod, trying to control its mass. Then she starts to lift it from the ground.

Angcuru

First Post
Adrial's attempt to move the escape pod causes it to shake slightly, freeing itself from the ground to a degree, but it remains immobile.

"Not bad, Adrial. You're improving. Now lets get going before any masliths take interest in us."

As they walk back to the settlement, Meira regards Jorran. "I cannot be exactly sure, since for a long time we focused on survival, and keeping track of time was unnecessary. I would guess that we have been here for almost thirty years. But what of you? What was your purpose in coming here? Our ship found its way here only through an astrogation error on the part of the pilot, or the hyperdrive, there's no use trying to lay blame."

G

Guest 11456

Adrial nods at Meira's complement and smiles. While she was not able to remove the pod from the ground, she was able to free it somewhat. Meira has always taught that you should focus on the positive from any situation. That helps with the confidence. Then later you reflect on the negative in order to improve your abilities. But for now she focuses on her achievement. "Thank you Master Pannar. I appreciate your continued patience with me."

Adrial thought back to her first lessons. She always wanted to focus her attention on the negative of everything. It took many months of training and meditation for her to see the error in her ways. Although it was still natural for her to focus on the positive, she learned each time that she used the force how well this idea worked.

Adrial walked over to the others and walked with then toward the settlement. She began to think about the idea of leaving her home. She had never really given it much thought. She admitted to herself that the very idea was very foreign. her thoughts drifted to what was out there among the stars.

Galethorn

First Post
"Thirty years?" Jorran asked, amazed. "I guess you may not have heard about what's happened in the last ten years, then. Palpatine's empire was overthrown by an alliance of rebels, and a new republic is said to be rising. But that doesn't answer your question, does it?"

Jorran continued. "My...order...was destroyed with the rise of the empire, but I and a few comrades managed to stay hidden on the outer rim for almost thirty years. When I found out that the empire had fallen, I decided to search for other survivors from my order. I followed my instincts to this planet, had a bit of a collision with that other ship, and ended up down here."

G

Guest 11456

At the mention of Palpatine, empire, rebels, and new republic Adiral gets a far off distant look. She seems to remember her parents speaking of a republic. But the others seem foreign to her. She merely listens to the conversation with Jorran and Meira, not wishing to interrupt. She turns toward Meira to see what she would say to Jorran's comments.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases