The Hand Wave

alsih2o

First Post
The "Hand Wave".

We all do it. A wave of the hand over ale proces for a 14th lvl whatever. Lots of things get Hand Waved in campaigns.

What does in your campaign? What goes away with a simple gesture.

I ask because I realized I am getting lazy. I Hand Waved a parade last session.

Give me your Hand Wave story.

diaglo

Adventurer
i ask the players what they want to do.

if no one has plans i hand wave time unless a meaningful event or random encounter occurs.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Using the can? I didn't think people in D&D had excretory systems? :lol:

Uneventful boat rides.
Sleeping safely through the night.
Uneventful trips from one side of the city to the other.
Sexual encounters. :) (see my other thread)
Killing helpless victim(s).
Purchasing mundane gear, although if I'm in a role-playing mood, I'll roleplay this one.

fett527

First Post
We definitely handwave most mundane things as Crothian said.

I think the longest amount of time we've handwaved was 3 months- winter in a northern climate so noone was going anywhere and the DM's plotline started in the spring.

BlackMoria

First Post
I handwave buying mundane supplies, answering the call of nature, good times at the brothel, seduction of tavern wenches and any other events that don't provide any information or isn't a plot hook or doesn't contribute meaningfully to the story.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I just feel I should be responding to this thread... :lol:

Common skills, at some point during a campaign and level advancements, things like riding, bluff, Intimidate, no longer really need to be rolled, the characters are know, they have been doing it for every.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Little things that have little relavance to the current game.
Shopping for mundane items, food and drink at the tavern, over the road trips where no encounters are planned, etc.

Voadam

Legend
Shopping.

I used to roleplay it out, now I just say what's available and hand wave acquiring and selling normal and minor magical items.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases