Do you believe in the supernatural?

Felon

First Post
Just curious how many folks out there believe we live in a magical world, and that at least some supernatural phenomena like ghosts, ESP, demonic possession, mind over matter, things of that nature has credence.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'm fascinated by it... don't believe in it like it's a fact, but the idea of it is very fascinating...

This is my take on it-

Our brain is made from patterns of energy.

Energy can not be destroyed.

We die but the energy remains...sometimes still with pattern.

This pattern influences many things and people.

Yes. I do believe in MOST supernatural things. I am glad to say any I have experienced were good or neutral at worse. No bad mojo.

Looking into abilities like Telepathy and the such I very much agree with and believe in. EVERYONE has it its just a thing of tuning in and not ignoring it. I consider myself a low level clairvoyance. As a kid I often saw things that made no sense in a day dream. Then hours to weeks later it would happen exactly as I envisioned it.

Now if only I could direct it to winning POWERBALL. :D

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Ghosts: Yes. While I haven't seen one myself, I've known several people who have, and most of them I trust (including my mother).

And while it wasn't quite a ghost, I did experience something of a crisis apparition* of my late great uncle. At the exact moment he died, I and my parents (and my dog) heard a very strange noise coming from the middle of the room. Sort of a thud or a bang, like something had fallen on the roof. Except it didn't come from a roof, it came from about 2 feet below it.

At the time the sound happened it was just a bit eerie. But when my father (who would be my great uncles closest relative) got the phone call that my great uncle had passed away, and the time of death, it was just plain creepy.

ESP: Depends on which sort

Demonic possession: No. Maybe possession by something, but not demons, since iI don't believe in them

mind over matter: That's kind of vague. If you mean something like telekinesis, no.

* A crisis apparition is when someone sees the ghost of someone they know right around the time they die

Shemeska

Adventurer
Felon said:
Just curious how many folks out there believe we live in a magical world, and that at least some supernatural phenomena like ghosts, ESP, demonic possession, mind over matter, things of that nature has credence.

Nothing is 'supernatural', it's just poorly understood outside of our current conception of the universe.

However, that said, I'm not convinced of their basis in fact outside of massive self delusion by some people. Wanting it so doesn't make it so no matter how hard you believe in it. But damn it'd all be absofragginlutely awesome if they did actually exist. *grins* I'd be loving it if they did, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Ghosts: not really. Not seen decent proof of their existance, though there have been some interesting (if speculative) papers on near death experiences in the scientific literature the past few years to test out of body experiences and claims of memories from periods of clinical braindeath.

ESP: jury is out on this I suppose, but there's no firm evidence that it exists in mainstream science.

Demonic possession: considering I don't believe in a physical hell or evil in a personified form outside of base human nature, no I don't think it's real. Show me proof however and I will. However, I really REALLY don't want to see that proof if it is actually real. ;)

Mind over matter: no evidence to suggest it. Show it to me though and I'll change my mind.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases