Do you believe in the supernatural?

tarchon

First Post
No - if something exists, it's natural. Calling something "supernatural" is way of saying it isn't real without actually admitting to oneself that it isn't.

Wayside

Explorer
It depends on what you mean by natural. Most people would think of a primum mobile as being over and above or beyond nature, for example; that is, as being literally supernatural. But I agree with you: by definition nothing that exists is superexistent.

Lady_Acoma

First Post
megamania said:
The mind is a powerful thing.
Not mine, mine is a crazed, pyro, other various afflictions kinda thing, but not powerful.

However I do believe in some of the mention super natural effects however I look at each case with skepticism till I have a better understanding within my abilities to understand what happened. And often because there can be no proof I am still uncertain but I do on occasion lean more to the paranormal type answers.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Shemseka said:
However, that said, I'm not convinced of their basis in fact outside of massive self delusion by some people. Wanting it so doesn't make it so no matter how hard you believe in it. But damn it'd all be absofragginlutely awesome if they did actually exist. *grins* I'd be loving it if they did, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

I'm with you on that. I'd love it if there was 'supernatural stuff' of almost any sort.*

But delusion and wishful thinking might be responsible for a lot of it.

* - The nice kind - i.e. it doesn't eat my brains, drink my blood, turn me into a killer plant, take over the world, etc.

My experience of supernatural stuff: I mucked around with Ouija boards quite a bit when I was younger. They were certainly interesting and sometimes a little freaky, but I'm unconvinced there's anything supernatural to it. I'm pretty sure no-one was conciously pushing them around, but I think it may have been done subconciously.

Gez

First Post
Not at all.

But I like the symbolism associated to it, it's funny and can make for great stories... That's why I play D&D, too, BTW. :)

Remove ads