Need help on build

Demoquin

First Post
I am making my back up character in case my beloved Assassin dies. At the moment, i am really fond of the kobold. (NWN shifter kobold shape :D )

So i want a build that would compliment this kind of idea that i have. I want him to be complete support and maybe attack if necessary. He will wield a small MW whip dagger, and a kukri.
I figure Rogue x/ Bard x/ SD x.

So 1 lvl of Rogue for skills and sneak attack, then 4 bard for spells and music ability. Maybe some more rogue so i dont loose my precious flat footed ac and improve dmg potential.

Now qualifying for SD will be late as it is now ... but i think i can manage it as the feats are useful to pickup.

So Kobold Rogue 3/ Bard 6/ SD 1 and afterwards add a few SD and more bard

feats are
Combat Reflexes
Weapon Finesse
Dodge
Mobility

should i get Silent Spell for when i am hidden and dont want to give my current location away? Also thinking of TWF (but that is a maybe)

the Perform (dance) is the prereq for SD but can i use that for all the bardic music abilities or just a few and pick up some points into another perform or take the feat that allows all perform at the same skill.

What would be some useful spells to pick up? Campaign is 3.0/3.5. Or ones to stay away from?

mhd

Adventurer
The official bard has to have vocal components that can't be silenced. Lots of house rules abound that let you change that. One popular one for dancers is to make somatic components mandatory, nix the spell-casting in light armors and give another small benefit to make up for it. +1 to certain saving throws, combat casting for free (your dancing is more evasive during combat), or maybe a general dodge bonus. This way you'd still have all the normal components, but of course you could apply Silent Spell now (but no Still Spell anymore).

But once again, house rule territory. If you want to go outside the core rules, take a look at the "Basiran Dancer" from the Kalamar setting. Not neccesarily tied to the world and makes a good base-line for the SD. Something between a monk and a bard...

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Caeleddin said:
Isn't Kukri an Exotic Weapon and you will need a feat for it or get -4 penalty?

Well, it actually got moved to Martial in the transition to 3.5, but you are correct that neither rogue, bard, nor shaddow dancer is proficent with it.

Hosweay

First Post
In the PHB, it says that rogues are proficient with simple weapons + hand crossbow, rapier, shortbow, and short sword. Not sure if they changed the proficiency later with some update though.

Remove ads