Variant Player's Handbooks -- Who do you want to write one?

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Okay, Monte Cook has written Arcana Unearthed/Arcana Evolved and Mike Mearls has Iron Lore. Which game designer would you like to see write a variant Player's Handbook and why?

Tinner

First Post
You Phil, you!
Seriously, I'd like to see the Phil Reed take on a variant PHB, especially knowing I could get it affordably as a quality PDF file.
Sure, let's see yours. :D

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Skip Williams did the Advanced Player's Guide for Green Ronin, which was close to an alternate PHB (though not exactly one).

Of the original 3 3rd edition designers that leave the PHB author, Jonathan Tweet. It would be interesting if he had some time to let us know what he really thinks, now. Of course, that might not be an alternate PHB as much as the 4th edition PHB ;)

Um, well... Without meaning to sound egotistical...

Me. :)

I truly believe there's still a need for a "Basic" version of D&D, a true and complete game unto itself. The official Basic D&D boxed set, Blue Rose, and Castles & Crusades all have solid aspects and are good in their own right, but none of them are exactly what I'm talking about. I've had the basic idea for such down for a good long while, and even written a few snippets, just haven't had the opportunity to write the book proper.

Corsair

First Post
I want Kieth Baker to make an Eberron book aimed specifically at players that includes all the classes, races, feats, spells, etc, but none of the DM behind the scenes goodness. Is that too much to ask?

A'koss

Explorer
To be honest, I can't think of anyone who I'd want to design another PHB (who hasn't done so already). No one I've seen really has "the gift" for inventive and coherent game design. However, Mearls did blindside me with Iron Lore - which so far looks terrific - so I'm sure there is talent out there I'm just not aware of...

Cheers!

Remove ads