What books do I need for SWd20?

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I'm looking at getting into SWd20. I know the books have undergone some revisions though. I don't want to buy any outdated books so I thought I'd ask what the most current books are and which ones are the most important to have.

Thanks

Ahrimon

Definitely the Revised Core book. Beyond that, it really depends on your game.

Hero's Guide can be good for everything, and its really got some great ideas in there. Galactic Campaign Guide is a good GM book. More alien species in Ultimate Alien Anthology are great if you want more variety, and Ultimate Adversaries provides some new pre-statted enemies for a GM. If you're able to find Starships of the Galaxy at a reasonable price, pick it up. It may not be revised, but its not hard to convert and its definitely worth it.

If you run a Jedi heavy game, I'd suggest Power of the Jedi and The Darkside Sourcebook.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
If you're playing:
  • SWd20 Revised
  • Hero's Guide
  • Power of the Jedi (for Jedi PCs)

If you're GMing:
  • SWd20 Revised
  • Hero's Guide
  • Galactic Campaign Guide
  • Dark Side Sourcebook (if that's where your campaign is going)

The Alien Anthology and Starships of the Galaxy are useful, but I found them to no be essential.

scourger

Explorer
When we play, we mainly use the Revised Core Rule Book. The GM is using the module The Tempest Feud, but you can download lots of free adventures from the WotC SW web site. The minis are fun, too; if you have them.

Remove ads