Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

Temujin

First Post
Grimicing at his wounds, Brogen grinds his teeth and steadies his feet, barely able to stand against the onslaught of both massive ogres. If I don't get out of here, I'm going to end up like ground beef. He thought grimly. Slowly backing up through the gauntlet of foes, Brogen heads for the safety of the wagon.

[sblock]Withdrawing to the wagons so he can get healed up a bit. If he reaches the wagons safely, he'll cast CSW next round on himself in preperation for reentering battle. If he's unable to cast next round due to the threat of an AoO, then he'll try for a 5ft step out of range to try it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Arrrgk” growls Kerlokh when he is struck. The Ogre’s attack gives Kerlokh an opening to strike back.

“That’s the trouble with bluffing,” Kerlock thinks to himself, “The bright ones don’t fall for it, the dumb ones don’t care.”

OOC: [sblock] Kerlokh is continuing with the defensive stance

Fighting Defensively: Atk +2 melee (1d6+3 truncheon), AC 17, touch 12, flat-foot 15.

At the end of his next attack he will take a diagonal 5’ step back <1 space north, 1 space east respectively>

If Ogre #2 is still a threat in round 3, then At the end of Kerlokh’s round 3 attack, Kerlokh will take a 5’ step back <1 space North> against the wagon. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Prof Yeti

First Post
Damn! With a look that leaves no doubts to what he is thinking Marek begins another quick string of words in Draconic.
[sblock]
Round 2 - Marek will cast Scorching Ray at #4.
Scorching Ray is Ranged Touch Attack (+7 to Hit w/Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot)
Damage is 4d6+1

If any Ogre is within range to get an Attack of Oppurtunity I will Cast Defensively.
Concentration - +5 and I will use an Action Point if the total of roll+Mod is between 11-16.

Round 3 - Marek will cast Magic Missile at #4 (if down will target #7).
Auto Hit with 2 Missile for total of 2d4+2 damage.

If any Ogre is within range to get an Attack of Oppurtunity I will Cast Defensively.
Concentration - +5 and I will use an Action Point if the total of roll+Mod is between 10-15.
[/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
Stepping under the ogre's attack Whitlok hops forward and swings his axe head at the brute, moving with the momentum of his swing he spins on the spot before slamming the spiked end of his urgosh at the meaty thigh of the slavering behometh. "Ya like de bite o' me steel tiny?" he shouts with a grin, the battle making his blood sing with the unrestrained joy his people feel for hurting all things giant.

While the ogre is over confident because of the strength in numbers Whitlok pushes the attack. Watching the ogre warily he swings lustily at the beast with his axe head before following up with a stab with the wickedly pointed spike that juts dangerously from the left end of the haft of the urgosh "Watch out boyo, I only 'ave the one tooth but it delivers a wicked bite"

[sblock]5' step towards #1 - full round action attack with Axe head +6 d8+4, attack with Axe spike +5 d6+3; repeat round 2 unless a.) I get smacked for more than half of total HPs damage in which case I will fight defensively - only one attack with axe head +4 (+8-4) AC 24 or b.) I take down #1 in which case I will have the second attack against #5[/sblock]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Anune ducks underneath the ogre's grasp and tries to score a hit with her rapier.*

[sblock]Tumbling to avoid the AoO for closing with the ogre, and then one attack.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Anune steps forward (5 foot step is free and provokes no AoO) and attacks the blinded and stunned ogre #7. She strikes true, and strikes with a solid hit.
To Hit: 9+10=19, Dmg=5+3=8

Whitlock moves forward and strikes at Ogre #1. His axe head lands a grazing strike, the spike end hitting solidly.
Axe To Hit: 19+6=25, Dmg=2+4=6, Spike To Hit: 18+6=24 (Spike has to be masterwork, so +1 to hit), Dmg=5+3=8

Digga joins multiple female badgers in the hot spring. They're all over him. Bad seventies music starts playing.(Still dreaming)
Listen 2+3=5

Brogen tries to retreat, drawing am attack of opertunity from ogre #9 and 6 (Only one though). Unfortunately, Brogen takes a hit from #9, and goes down.
Dmg=9

Ogre #1 swings at Whitlock and misses.

Ogre #2 swings at Kerlokh, and misses.

Ogre #3 swings at Thalian, and misses.

Kerlokh swings back at ogre #2, and strikes it strongly.
To Hit: 19+2=21, Dmg=6+3=9

Hobbes screams as his muscles pulsate and seemly grow, twisting him into a feral rage. He swings at Ogre #8, striking it with a killing blow
To Hit: 6+12=18, Dmg=7+8=15

Ogre #8 screams in agony and twitches for a bit before it stops moving.

Ogre #9 moves closer to Kerlokh, peeking into the cart.

Ogre #10 swings at Kerlokh, and misses.

Thalian hears Brogen cry and go down, he charges across the field of battle to his aid, pulling a potion out. He evades an attack of ogre #3, and rushes to Brogen's side, pouring the potion down Brogen's throat. Brogen regains consiousness, fortunately or not.
Potion of Cure Moderat Wounds Heals 7+5+3=15 HP

Marek hears Brogen's screams and turns around, looking at Kerlokh surrounded by ogres and Thalian helping Brogen, and decides to ignore the stunned and blinded ogre for a moment. He jestures and mumbles, and rays of flame burst forth from his hand at ogre #9. The ray strikes the ogre in the ear, and his head explodes with a bust of firely blood.
To Hit: 20+6=26, confirm 10+6=16 Dmg=6+6+5+5 + 4+4+3+5=38 (ouch)

Ogres #4 and 7 reel, stunned and blind, somewhat oblivious to the world.

Ogre #5 swings at Hobbes, but the blow brushes ineffectively off of Hobbes tough hide.

Ogre #6 takes a step towards Thalian, and swings at him, but misses.

OOC:
[Sblock]
Ok, sorry I took over for 2 characters, but it felt appropriate. If I was out of line, let me know and I'll stick to the plan next time.

Given the changes, I'm letting you all change your actions for round 3.

Brogen. Cast defensively is a good thing, if you succeed no AoO.

Quick summary, #4 and 7 are stunned and blinded for a few more rounds (see the spoiler after the color spray), Brogen is prone, and Hobbes has shifted and raged[/sblock]

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Kerlokh thinks: "That first hit must have thrown off my sense of direction, I meant to take a digagonal step back toward the wagon, however my opponants must not been expecting me to move this way either, because they both missed."

OOC: [sblock] If Ogre #2 or Ogre #10 are still a threat in round 3, then after Kerlokh’s round 3 attack, Kerlokh will take a 5’ step back <toward the top of the page> still Fighting Defensively: Atk +2 melee (1d6+3 truncheon), AC 17, touch 12, flat-foot 15. and attacking Ogre #2 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Candide

First Post
Upon Brogen coming out of consciousness, Thalian remarks "That's one you owe me, junior. Now stay down for a sec, these guys can't hit the broad side of sailing ship."

[sblock]Thalian will try to get between the ogre and Brogen, attempting to fell the ogre before it realizes that Brogan isn't dead.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Prof Yeti

First Post
Yelling"Brogen is down!"
Marek decided to press the attack on that quarter to give Thalian a chance to further help Brogen. He quickly begins another flurry of words in Draconic.

[sblock]Round 3 - Marek will cast Magic Missile at #6.
Auto Hit with 2 Missile for total of 2d4+2 damage.

If #6 is down Marek will target #2 continuing in a clock-wise sweep of the opponents towards #10 and so on.

If any Ogre moves/ is within range to get an Attack of Oppurtunity I will Cast Defensively.
Concentration - +5 and I will use an Action Point if the total of roll+Mod is between 10-15.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Temujin

First Post
"Junior?! " Brogen sputters as he regains consiousness, dropping his spent mace and unhitching his other one from his belt as he staggers to his feet. The anger is plain on his face now, red cheeks glowing and his scar turning a dark crimson color. I'll bloody kill him if the ogres don't get to me first. He thinks to himself, hoping his feet are steady enough to keep him from kissing the dirt again. Well, at least he's given me a brief respite. He growls quietly. I'd better make the best of it so I can put him in his place later.

[sblock]
(yay! I'm alive again!)
Brogen will take a step back to avoid an AoO and cast CSW on himself since he couldn't do it before. After he's fixed up, he'll head back into the fray, hopefully against #6, attacking with his heavy mace (+9, 1d8+4, and using his domain power to add +4 to STR while casting the stored spell (ISW) stored in the mace (for a total of 4d8+11).
[/sblock]

Remove ads