General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
Reading through the last few pages of the previous discussion thread there was something about my Two-Weapon Trip feat. Do you need me to copy it into the Heap still or was that done by a judge?

Patlin

Explorer
Cool mapping tools

I've noticed that some DMs have very cool combat maps (Knight Otu and Manzanita, for example) whereas I resort to code windows and text. Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade my combat maps? Are there particular internet sights or (hopefully shareware or something) programs that are usefull for generating uploadable combat maps?

Code:
..A...B

The above just isn't sexy! :)

Knight Otu

First Post
There are quite a few tools, and I know there was at least one thread on that in the art forums.

My method is rather unorthodox, and not for everyone, as I use a text-based raytracing program (POVRay) to create my maps and tokens which, depending on a few things, can take a bit of time. I combine the map and the tokens in the Gimp, taking advantage of the layer tools for placing tokens and occasionally spell effects.

Also, I started with the code maps myself. :)

Living Enworld Judge said:
Oof... Archivomatic up and running, but doesn't go back as far as I wanted. Later....
Archivomatic goes back one year now. That should be enough for now. Next step will be adding direct links to approved rules content.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Wow guys. I really appreciate you all looking after things so much without me.

So, I'm visiting again after a good long break. I kind of left a lot of numbers dangling... and hopefully I can pick up some of these things over the summer. Knight Otu, thanks especially for trying to orchestrate all these things in my absence. I know it's not the simplest task in the world. How are things running at the moment? Are things advancing fairly well?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
This place has picked up a bit in the past week or two, so I think things are running well here. (Although maybe that creates more work for judges... a lot of us have been trying to help/give useful information I think, though)

How long are you visiting this time, CS?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hopefully, the rest of the summer. I'm not "too" busy currently because of the summer break, though this particular weekend I'm heading home to a dial-up connection and probably will not be online. However, I do want to help however I can. My rather repeated absences are mostly a reflection of the way things have changed for me in the past four or five years. When I started my work as a PbP mod, I was 16 years old in highschool. Now I'm a fairly active university student with a world of warcraft habit. The nothinglanders here probably see me post there fairly often (I have something like 64 posts on the latest board incarnation, which is maybe two months old). The difference is that there things are mostly casual for me, with one or two lines, whereas here I have to plan and really think about what needs to be said and done. Sometimes I would sit down with the intention to really hammer out a good strong post to my pbp game, and then scrap it because it doesn't work how I want it to.

The same applies to me posting today. It took me a good 2-3 days to sort of work up the mindset to really come out and post. It's not that I don't want to, but often when your out of the loop for a good amount of time it makes it harder to get back in the ring.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Well, CS, you know your return is certainly welcome. If you want to start off slow in your return, that's fine too. The judges, I think, have been in the habit of using the LEWJ account so that any of them can edit/change/fix stuff, so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads