Thread Recompilation - Places

Dungannon

First Post
Oh jeez. I was in that adventure :eek: . I should've remembered the name. I'll go over my notes from the adventure then and see what I find out. Do you want me to post the information, if any, here?

El Jefe

First Post
(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

The shortest Red Dragon Inn thread I've found, with the least location information. Here goes:
  • A place called Delmon’s Tower was marked on a map that was retrieved during the "A Trek to the Vinyards" adventure.
  • There is a monastery southwest of Orussus (possibly not the Monastery of St. Feragon?).
  • A Master Drewer runs a forge not far from the Red Dragon Inn. It seems the most direct way from the forge to the Inn lies through the back door of the Inn.
  • Delmon’s Tower is about 15 miles from Orussus.
That's it.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Discussion - (Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

There was one thing that confused me here. I haven't read the Monastery of St. Feragon thread yet, so that might clear it up for me.

In the RDI III thread, Uriel's Bron Brekke NPC mentioned that he had heard (from an "offstage" farmer NPC) that a terrible din was coming from "the monastery south and west of here [Orussus]". Yet, glancing over LogicsFate's post in this thread on the monastery adventure, I understand that you go past the Road Warden station on the north road from Orussus (the one that goes to Rivenblight and eventually, Earling) to get to the monastery.

So, just where is the monastery? And, if no one answers, eventually I'll just read the thread for myself to see if that clears it up.

LogicsFate

First Post
I belive I might have read to far into something, looking back, I can't find any directional info. Mostly it just starts with them on the road heading to where ever. I'll look some more and edit if I was wrong

LogicsFate

First Post
I right I found wwere I messed up, The only thing in the thread that mentioned direction was a road warden talking about trouble spreading in the north.

Sorry about that

Dungannon

First Post
City of Allimon

The following are direct quotes about Allimon from the adventures "Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins" and "Tracking Down Sullivan", both DMed by Creamsteak.

After some coin changes hands, Gregorian returns with a map to Allimon. "Looks like we go north... which ever way north is."

"I've been 'der before. It's a trek, and it does pass a stream that has no bridge. During the summer it's not too deep, but in the spring it can have a mighty current, and should be avoided."

Far off, there is a city of domed roofed buildings made of an ebony and ivory colored marble in the distance. The domes are all made of similar rock, swirled over itself to look something like a small city of deserts.

The farmland that stretches outside the city outlines it from your current position (on a forested hill on the edge of one of the farms). The city rests on a large plateau overlooking the surrounding farms, walled by granite rather than the streeked marble that covers the domes of the interior city.

Devlin is able to recall that Allimon is ruled by a Priests council and a Wizards council. The councils make up the inner cloister of the city, while the outer cloister consists of the merchant and trade quarter and the stoneworkers council.

Allimon is both a trade, craft, and holy city wrapped up in one sundae like coating.

There are at least four major gates leading into the city.

The gates to Allimon are watched by two towers at each entrance. Each of these towers has a strange domed roof painted in an odd shade of orange.

...entering Allimon through the merchant quarter. This region is full of foreign trades, many trading currency of unfamiliar types and quantities.

Temple street, which is one of the largest streets in the town, leads straight from the gate to the center of Allimon where the inner keep is located. There are very few people on this road, only a handful of priests and servants seem to be in motion on this giant paved-way.

...the largest of the residential districts. Here there are many people talking in the streets. There is a sewage problem, which could be smelled from outside the gates to the city. There are bakers selling bread through the windows to their homes, smiths working steel outdoors in front of watching children, young men running errands for their workmasters, and three homes being constructed out of stone by a construction team comprised of gnomes, dwarves, and humans.

This is a pleasant town, full of pleasant people, happily living their lives away from the threats of the major regions. The only sign of danger is the ominous keep in the center of town that acts as the home of all government in Allimon. You can make out the domed buildings of the religious quarter to the north, and the bustling streets of the merchant quarter to the south.

Once you get inside of the gates, you can see that there are huge taverns on both sides of the entrance. The one on the left is labled, "New Constantine" and the one on the right is labled "Old Gertrude." They are stone structures with domed roofs that are connected by a stone bridge between the inns. There are many windows on the top floors of these buildings, and if you look inside there are many tables and chairs inside of each.

You find yourself in the light trade end of the merchant quarter. Here there are a number of inns, permanent shops, and other sorts of places of commerce and business. Very near the gate is a large sign which gives instruction on what some of the buildings are, providing a map of this quarter of the city. You can see that there is a merchants guild, a bounty hunters guild stop-by, a mages guild, and a handful of other buildings and shops. There is also a building with a scratched off name on the map located on what would represent the south end of this quarter, behind six other buildings and not connected to the streets at all.

The light traffic in this region is not too rough, but you can tell that the traffic to the South, in the merchant quarter, is horrendous. The temple district in the north seems to have the opposite effect.

There are no inns or taverns on the road leading into the center of town. What you find instead is a highway, two barracks on each side, and then a moat. The moat has a permanent stone bridge that has some strange sort of silvery glow to it, and at the other end is a gate which has been raised to allow incoming traffic. The heavy towers on either side seem to be meant for fighting against airborn agression, as they've been mounted with dozens of repeating artillery crossbows facing in all directions, but always with a slant upwards. Once past the 10 ft. thick walls, the central area opens up to your vision and you can see the keep clearly a short distance away. To your left and right are circular paths dotted with buildings, and you can spot a small stone building with a domed roof on the righthand path. It has a tiny (by comparison to the walls) tower on the far side, domed with a blue roof. A sign above the door reads, "Allimon Exploration Company".

Other than the fact that the city was originally supposed to be North of Orrussus and there was supposedly a large stream between Orrussus and Allimon, I don't see any conflicts to this point. The direction and stream can both be overlooked, mainly since the city hasn't been used since these adventures and that was over a year ago.

Some clarifications after reading over everything again. The government building is a massive keep in the middle of the town, with a large paved "highway" leading to it from each of the four gates. The religious quarter is in to the north, the merchant quarter is to the south, and residential quarters occupy the east & west. Temple Street is the name of the highway that leads from the north gate to the keep, through the religious quarter.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
El Jefe said:
There was one thing that confused me here. I haven't read the Monastery of St. Feragon thread yet, so that might clear it up for me.

In the RDI III thread, Uriel's Bron Brekke NPC mentioned that he had heard (from an "offstage" farmer NPC) that a terrible din was coming from "the monastery south and west of here [Orussus]". Yet, glancing over LogicsFate's post in this thread on the monastery adventure, I understand that you go past the Road Warden station on the north road from Orussus (the one that goes to Rivenblight and eventually, Earling) to get to the monastery.

So, just where is the monastery? And, if no one answers, eventually I'll just read the thread for myself to see if that clears it up.
Ok, the plot really thickens. I found the location of the Monastery. On page 8 of the "Trek to the Vinyards" thread, Uriel plainly mentions that the Monastery of St. Feragon is 20 miles north of Orussus. What's interesting is that the same Bron Brekke who talked about the "terrible din" at the monastery "south and west of here [Orussus]" in the RDI III thread is the same Bron Brekke who led the party north of Orussus to reach the Monastery in the "Monastery of St. Feragon thread!

So, either Bron was confused when he was talking in the RDI, or there are at least two monasteries near Orussus. And that means we have at least 3 Monasteries in the game: an unnamed one "south and west" of Orussus, the Monastery of St. Feragon (most likely cleaned up and reconsecrated) north of Orussus, and the Roaring Waters Monastery, near some mountains in an undisclosed location.

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
Ok, the plot really thickens. I found the location of the Monastery. On page 8 of the "Trek to the Vinyards" thread, Uriel plainly mentions that the Monastery of St. Feragon is 20 miles north of Orussus. What's interesting is that the same Bron Brekke who talked about the "terrible din" at the monastery "south and west of here [Orussus]" in the RDI III thread is the same Bron Brekke who led the party north of Orussus to reach the Monastery in the "Monastery of St. Feragon thread!

So, either Bron was confused when he was talking in the RDI, or there are at least two monasteries near Orussus. And that means we have at least 3 Monasteries in the game: an unnamed one "south and west" of Orussus, the Monastery of St. Feragon (most likely cleaned up and reconsecrated) north of Orussus, and the Roaring Waters Monastery, near some mountains in an undisclosed location.

I would guess that the one South and West is just a continuity error (Which happens).

El Jefe

First Post
I prefer to think that it's a throw-down monastery that can be populated by an enterprising DM. After all, a town the size of Orussus can support two monasteries, right?

Remove ads