Thread Recompilation - Places

El Jefe

First Post
(Discussion) DMs needed..

There is no place-related information in this thread. Well, Fallon was mentioned in passing, but I suspect much better references to Fallon have popped up in other threads.

El Jefe

First Post
(Discussion) Red Wizards and Paladins Code of Ethics Issue

Just a couple of items here...
  • There is no city named Thay (as presented in Forgotten Realms) in ENWorld.
  • There are Eldritch Knights, Theurges, Horizon Walkers, and Grey Elves in Rivenblight.

El Jefe

First Post
(Discussion) Etiquette at the Red Dragon Inn…

One item here, mentioned in a quotation:

• Somewhere in ENWorld, there is a place named the Forest of Ar.

El Jefe

First Post
(Discussion) General Part II

This thread dealt mainly with how various types of proposals should be handled. But there were these nuggets of location information:

• In the region near Orussus, platinum coins are called Dragons, gold coins Crowns, silver coins Shields, and copper coins Pennies.
  • The gp limit in Orussus is 20,000 gp. Trade is fueled by the presence of the Red Dragon Inn.

El Jefe

First Post
(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Once again, the tavern thread proved a gold mine of location information. Not surprisingly, a good deal of it is about the Red Dragon Inn. But there's plenty of stuff about the surroundings.

• One corner of the main room in the Red Dragon Inn has tables and chairs sized for gnomes and haflings.
  • There is a raised platform in the main room of the Red Dragon Inn that is sometimes used for announcements and introductions.
  • The Red Dragon Inn serves a drink called Grandma’s Cocoa. At least one of the ingredients is whiskey.
  • There is a hamlet named Allimon, about 10 miles from Orussus in the opposite direction from Rivenblight.
  • The entire Red Dragon Inn radiates magic. The strongest source is the dragon statue outside.
  • Everburning candles are used to light the Red Dragon Inn.
  • At least two stairs separate the level of the Red Dragon Inn from the street.
  • There is a place in EnWorld called Earling. It has a castle.
  • There is a sign over the bar in the Red Dragon Inn that says, "Introduce yourself before you make requests of others."
  • Across the sea, there are places named Hawaiki and Vevau.
  • Fallon is called the City of Falls.
  • Fallon is home to a "collage" of Wizardry.
  • There is a sign in the Red Dragon Inn that says, "Everyone Drinks Free"
  • Taken in alphabetical order, the first drink on the list of those served at the Red Dragon Inn is the Aaacvassian Lemon Sprite. The list is kept under the bar.
  • Tharol is home to the Chromatic college of wizards.
  • There is a place in EnWorld called the Roaring Waters Monastery. It’s near some mountains.
  • In the mountains on the road between Orussus and Earling lies Rontera’s Rift, also known as Big-Little Pass. This is because the giants who live there often let individual travelers or small groups of short races pass in exchange for doing tasks for the giants, while attacking "larger" groups.
  • The platform at the Red Dragon Inn where announcements are made has a podium for the purpose.
  • The village of RedOak once lay two days of swift riding north of Orussus. It is now a ghost town.
  • There is a land somewhere in EnWorld called Ushad. It is ruled by mages.
  • Torches illuminate the entrance of the Red Dragon Inn at night.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Discussion - (Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

I think my biggest concern here is that we're adding places to the map that I can't find. I can find Allimon, Fallon and Tharol. I can't find Earling or RedOak, and from their description in the threads, I think I should. Especially, I should be able to find Earling, from the description of Rontera's rift.

I also can't find Hawaiki or Vevau, but I'm not too worried about that since they're at least half an ocean away. I suspect they are islands.

It would be nice to have a location for the Roaring Waters Monastery.

FInally, it is suggested that one would teleport between Ushad and Orussus, so I'm not worried that Ushad isn't on the map, either. But it would be nice to have a more specific feel for where it is.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
El Jefe said:
I think my biggest concern here is that we're adding places to the map that I can't find. I can find Allimon, Fallon and Tharol. I can't find Earling or RedOak, and from their description in the threads, I think I should. Especially, I should be able to find Earling, from the description of Rontera's rift.

earling is iirc, marked on the "upper" map, though the geography is not precisely as I envisioned it. Redoak, is ok not to have marked because it, er, doesn't exist anymore. :heh:

El Jefe

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
earling is iirc, marked on the "upper" map, though the geography is not precisely as I envisioned it.
Yeah, things don't really match the thread text very well, but that's reasonably common. People give vague descriptions of things in bars, that's just the way it goes. In the thread, it was implied that you could get from Orussus to Earling in 5 days, and I don't see that happening without magic or racing griffons or something like that. Big-Little Pass is more problematic, since it appears that the only way to get from Orussus to Earling is through a pass. So, either Big-Little Pass isn't on the map, or else it's a detour from the main road through the mountains that wouldn't show on the map because of scale.
Kahuna Burger said:
Redoak, is ok not to have marked because it, er, doesn't exist anymore. :heh:
Yeah, I saw that the NPCs who were talking about it seemed to just fade into the woodwork. I don't have a problem with it existing, though. We seem to have some pretty small villages on the map, so we could put a little dot where RedOak is. There need not be a road to it, since it isn't big enough to support that much traffic between RedOak and Orussus on its own.

Knight Otu

First Post
Earling is indeed north of the Orussus region map. If you follow the road north to Orussus, you'll eventually get to the Northern Mountains, and the road leads through these mountains, into the Ealing region.

Earling Region Map.

Redoak, well, there were these whoresons, now named the Hoar Sun...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
El Jefe said:
Yeah, I saw that the NPCs who were talking about it seemed to just fade into the woodwork. I don't have a problem with it existing, though. We seem to have some pretty small villages on the map, so we could put a little dot where RedOak is. There need not be a road to it, since it isn't big enough to support that much traffic between RedOak and Orussus on its own.

no, it really doesn't exist anymore. The npc who picked up the adventure no one wanted was in fact the leader of the bandits who had followed the nice councilman to the red dragon... He and a few of his top guys spent a couple of weeks "defending" redoak while getting the craftsmen to make them masterwork swords, bows and leather armors, took their matched horses and rode off into the sunset... then rode back at the head of their gang and conpletely trashed the town. :eek: The remaining denzins moved on, leaving redoak a ghost town, and the bandits moved up the food chain to Bluerun, where they were defeated by clever negotiations and some wacking. :cool:

Remove ads