Elven Wedding - The race is Over, we are moving on

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
reedu21 said:
"Probly real interestin'. Well, I'm sure these mighty Elves can handle any problems that goblin and insect can cause. I need to stable Eyre then I'm gonna check out some of the festivities and find a place ta stay. Ya wanna walk with me, Carver?"

Jhonas has no trouble finding the stables/corral in the center of the southern camp. A stable-boy is very helpful <<
Chen’s charisma check 15+3=18
>> explaining that those who don’t have their own tent can rent one behind the corral.

He also tells Jhonas that while there are several places to buy a drink, only two are likely to have “fine vintages”. The “Towers Tent” is in the southern quarter trader’s row, its tent posts (which extend above the tent) are carved to resemble the towers of Sharn. The other is a more humble establishment in the Ghallanda Quarter which has a small sign “The Grapevine”.

Attachments

• Wedding Camp.doc
    28 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
The halfling straightens herself, standing tall, chest puffed out "Round the back eh, what's wrong with this entry? You're letting everyone else use it, you got a problem with me have you bub? What if I decide not to go around the back eh? Can't you see my animal is hurt, you want me to take him around the back, prolonging his pain. I thought you pointy ears were sympathetic towards the plight of animals?"

“This is the Guests Entrance,” begins Keeper Caedaes “Exuse me, would you like me to have a look at your animal?” asks the Goblin.

solkan_uk

First Post
"Domestic Problems", Thail looks to Minister Kaelendor, "Still at least it's only the brides brother and not her future husband - do you mind if I go have a word?" Said with a wry grin.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Salina Halfling Rogue

MavrickWeirdo said:
“This is the Guests Entrance,” begins Keeper Caedaes “Exuse me, would you like me to have a look at your animal?” asks the Goblin.
Turning away from the Speaker, Salina looks to the gobln "hmmm, you lot have a bad reputation" she states matter-of-factly, "and I warn you that I can handle anything you can throw at me. While that may be true I also know what it is like to be persecuted" she turns her head, bequeathing the Speaker with a withering stare. Turning back to the goblin she continues "If you can help my beast, then a friend you'll be. My name is Salina" she says, slapping her chest in the traditional Talenta Halfling greeting.

Urko

First Post
Kaelendor

Thail said:
"...I'm interested to know how Aeranal life differs to our own..."

Kaelendor silently considers his guide's question. I've been here five years and it's still a mystery to me... Finally, he answers, in a dry, but resonant voice. "That is a very complex question. To make a start, I would say Aerenal is...quieter. As if to prove his point, they come across the dispute between the bride and her brother. Kaelendor is shocked at the brother's breach of decorum and surprised that Thail seems to take it so lightly. He still has trouble accepting the idea that these people are elves, just like him. Such a transgression in Aerenal would no doubt result in exclusion from polite society, if not actual exile. When Thail asks to stop and speak to them, Kaelendor nods his assent. "Do you require my assistance?" He is reluctant to intervene, but considers it good form to ask. Tystalol glances nervously back and forth between the his master and the furious bride.

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Turning away from the Speaker, Salina looks to the gobln "hmmm, you lot have a bad reputation" she states matter-of-factly, "and I warn you that I can handle anything you can throw at me. While that may be true I also know what it is like to be persecuted" she turns her head, bequeathing the Speaker with a withering stare. Turning back to the goblin she continues "If you can help my beast, then a friend you'll be. My name is Salina" she says, slapping her chest in the traditional Talenta Halfling greeting.

“I am Tuul Draar,” says the goblin. The Wasp lands and the goblin dismounts. He is similar in stature to Salina. He makes eye contact with the clawfoot, “What is his name?” The goblin then repeats the clawfoot's name in a sing-songy tone as he approaches.

Tuul Draar examines the its limb, turning clawfoot's name into a chant. The chant stops suddenly and the dino jumps back, away from the goblin. The mount clearly has full movement back, but it seems leery of the goblin. Tuul Draar chuckles at its reaction.

Keeper Caedaes speaks up, “Now will you be able to take your lizard around to the back, where the rest of them are kept?"

Last edited:

reedu21

First Post
Jhonas thanks the stable-boy and tosses him a Sovereign on the way out. He proceeds around the corral to rent a tent, using all his charm <<
Diplomacy +5
>> to get the best location still available, preferrably far away from the livestock. Afterward he makes his way to Trader's Row to see what kinds of goods are available and to find out more about this wedding <<
Gather Information +3
>>.

Jhonas continues his conversations with Carver, "So whadaya do, Carver? And what brings ya to Valenar?"

solkan_uk

First Post
"Thankyou Minister, but it is not your place." Thail approaches Vylea, "Is there anything I can help you with honoured bride, surely on such a day which should be devoted to you there is no need for such unpleasantness."

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
solkan_uk said:
"Thankyou Minister, but it is not your place." Thail approaches Vylea, "Is there anything I can help you with honoured bride, surely on such a day which should be devoted to you there is no need for such unpleasantness."

“What? Oh Thail. No, there is nothing you can…”, she stops speaking as realization dawns on her face.
“Yes, there is something you can do for me Thail. I need you to stand in for my brother at the introduction ceremony tonight. You would be the perfect substitute because your ancestor was brother to my ancestor.”
She smiles radiantly at Thial.

Bront

The man with the probe
reedu21 said:
Jhonas thanks the stable-boy and tosses him a Sovereign on the way out. He proceeds around the corral to rent a tent, using all his charm <<
Diplomacy +5
>> to get the best location still available, preferrably far away from the livestock. Afterward he makes his way to Trader's Row to see what kinds of goods are available and to find out more about this wedding <<
Gather Information +3
>>.

Jhonas continues his conversations with Carver, "So whadaya do, Carver? And what brings ya to Valenar?"
"Well, when Bim died, I tried to take over his shop, but I'm not good with business numbers, and people seemed put off with me for some reason. I didn't have anything tying me to the islands, so when the shop fell, I set out to explore a bit. Dove and I have gotten around a lot since then, mostly me just walking along from town to town, looking for a purpose to it all." He signs, or at least physicaly appears to. "How about you Jhonas? What brings you this way?"

Remove ads