Elven Wedding - The race is Over, we are moving on

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
reedu21 said:
Jhonas thanks the stable-boy and tosses him a Sovereign on the way out. He proceeds around the corral to rent a tent, using all his charm <<
Diplomacy +5
>> to get the best location still available, preferrably far away from the livestock. Afterward he makes his way to Trader's Row to see what kinds of goods are available and to find out more about this wedding <<
Gather Information +3
>>.

Jhonas continues his conversations with Carver, "So whadaya do, Carver? And what brings ya to Valenar?"

Jhonas gets a fair campsite <<
7+5=12
>>

At the East end of traders row, there is an Elven Bowyer, who they say is one of the finest Bowyer’s in Valenar. There are 2 weapon-smiths, 2 armor-smiths, a human expert saddle, harness, and barding maker. There is a gnome selling flutes & whistles, a couple of “watering-holes”, and several wandering food vendors. The Tower Tent has fine goods, and at the west end of Traders Row there is a tent displaying many of the gifts to the Bride & Groom.

Most of the finished goods are in the southern quarter. The Northern Quarter focuses more on personal service: Specialily prepared foods, & tailored clothing. There are sweat-lodges, baths, and Talenta massage. Soaps & Perfumes can also be found there.

Most of this you find out from an elf who is happy to keep talking as long as you keep buying the drinks <<
Gather Info 18+3=21
>> “You no wats rong with the Elvs, frend? They think to much about the past, its all about what the ancestors did. Do Yu know wat MY ancestor did? He raised the alarm when the warbands were under attack. Do Yu know wat else he did? Nither does anyone else. They can’t even tell me if he survived the battle. All I know is that they won the battle because of his warning. How do I live up to that? Thats just dum luck. Nstead of looking at the past elves shold be lookin at the future. Don’t you think?”<<
Anything in particular you want to know?
>>

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
MavrickWeirdo said:
Jhonas gets a fair campsite <<
7+5=12
>>

At the East end of traders row, there is an Elven Bowyer, who they say is one of the finest Bowyer’s in Valenar. There are 2 weapon-smiths, 2 armor-smiths, a human expert saddle, harness, and barding maker. There is a gnome selling flutes & whistles, a couple of “watering-holes”, and several wandering food vendors. The Tower Tent has fine goods, and at the west end of Traders Row there is a tent displaying many of the gifts to the Bride & Groom.

Most of the finished goods are in the southern quarter. The Northern Quarter focuses more on personal service: Specialily prepared foods, & tailored clothing. There are sweat-lodges, baths, and Talenta massage. Soaps & Perfumes can also be found there.

Most of this you find out from an elf who is happy to keep talking as long as you keep buying the drinks <<
Gather Info 18+3=21
>> “You no wats rong with the Elvs, frend? They think to much about the past, its all about what the ancestors did. Do Yu know wat MY ancestor did? He raised the alarm when the warbands were under attack. Do Yu know wat else he did? Nither does anyone else. They can’t even tell me if he survived the battle. All I know is that they won the battle because of his warning. How do I live up to that? Thats just dum luck. Nstead of looking at the past elves shold be lookin at the future. Don’t you think?”<<
>>
"You know, maybe you need to research more into the history of your estemed ancestor. Sometimes with great research you can find out many thing that happened in the past. Especialy since you elves are so long lived. I'd bet that with a little work you could find out all sorts of great things your ancestor did. Or if he died. Um, if he died, does that mean that you're supposed to try to die in battle two? I never understood that aspect of Elven culture, but then this is the first time I've ever been in contact with them so closely." Carver smiles, thinking perhaps he's found a new aspect of life for this poor elf to look forward to. "But what do you know of the ancestors of the elves involved in the wedding? I'd love to hear if they are playing out an ancient act of love or if it is true love come to pass. That is why you elves get married right?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Sarina Talenta Halfling Rogue

MavrickWeirdo said:
Keeper Caedaes speaks up, “Now will you be able to take your lizard around to the back, where the rest of them are kept?"
Sarina turns her back on the Keeper and nods at Tuul Draar "Thank you, what do I owe you for the service? In my line of work it doesn't pay to owe someone. It can be dangerous to my health" she states simply, eyeballing the goblin "you think they're goin to let you through this gate? Not a chance, c'mon I'll walk with you around to the back. We can discuss your fee on the way". She mounts up on the slightly agitated Clawfoot stroking it's next she whispers "ssshhhh boy, it's good" over and over until it calms down. With a look over her shoulder and a rude gesture thrown at the Keeper she heads off down the road towards the back gate. "Interesting ride you have there Tuul. must be quite a story about how you tamed it eh?" she says over her shoulder as the Clawfoot kicks up a cloud of dust.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Sarina turns her back on the Keeper and nods at Tuul Draar "Thank you, what do I owe you for the service? In my line of work it doesn't pay to owe someone. It can be dangerous to my health" she states simply, eyeballing the goblin "you think they're goin to let you through this gate? Not a chance, c'mon I'll walk with you around to the back. We can discuss your fee on the way". She mounts up on the slightly agitated Clawfoot stroking it's next she whispers "ssshhhh boy, it's good" over and over until it calms down. With a look over her shoulder and a rude gesture thrown at the Keeper she heads off down the road towards the back gate.

Keeper Caedaes turns to Thaean Kethir and says "Someone should keep an eye on those two". while pointing at the Goblin and Halfling

solkan_uk

First Post
Thail will be unable to keep the look of shock from his face, at least momentarily.

"That's a great honour, Vylea - Are you sure I'm worthy... I have no family of my own so you might need to tell me what's involved".
[sblock]
Shiva is put a little off-balance by the request and instantly sees visions of all that could go wrong, however there is no easy way out for her - at least not without giving leave of this persona for a while. Reluctantly she'll try and go along with it...
[/sblock]

reedu21

First Post
Bront said:
"How about you Jhonas? What brings you this way?"

"Well, I was fightin' in Karrnath when the Mourning happened. With no home ta go back to or even ta fight for anymore, I didn't know what to do. I needed ta get outta Karrnath, though, so I took Eyre Night from a Karrnathi nobleman and headed south. Eventually I made it here and it seemed as good a place as any to settle down. Now I just see the sights and work when I need to."

MavrickWeirdo said:
“You no wats rong with the Elvs, frend? They think to much about the past, its all about what the ancestors did. Do Yu know wat MY ancestor did? He raised the alarm when the warbands were under attack. Do Yu know wat else he did? Nither does anyone else. They can’t even tell me if he survived the battle. All I know is that they won the battle because of his warning. How do I live up to that? Thats just dum luck. Nstead of looking at the past elves shold be lookin at the future. Don’t you think?”

Bront said:
"You know, maybe you need to research more into the history of your estemed ancestor. Sometimes with great research you can find out many thing that happened in the past. Especialy since you elves are so long lived. I'd bet that with a little work you could find out all sorts of great things your ancestor did. Or if he died. Um, if he died, does that mean that you're supposed to try to die in battle two? I never understood that aspect of Elven culture, but then this is the first time I've ever been in contact with them so closely." Carver smiles, thinking perhaps he's found a new aspect of life for this poor elf to look forward to. "But what do you know of the ancestors of the elves involved in the wedding? I'd love to hear if they are playing out an ancient act of love or if it is true love come to pass. That is why you elves get married right?"

Jhonas is amused by Carver's attitude, so he drinks deeply and lets him speak, anxious to hear the Elf's response.

MavrickWeirdo said:
<<
>>

[SBLOCK]Mainly just looking for more info on the wedding. Who's involved, anything unusual about it, that sort of thing.[/SBLOCK]

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Sarina turns her back on the Keeper and nods at Tuul Draar "Thank you, what do I owe you for the service? In my line of work it doesn't pay to owe someone. It can be dangerous to my health" she states simply, eyeballing the goblin "you think they're goin to let you through this gate? Not a chance, c'mon I'll walk with you around to the back. We can discuss your fee on the way". She mounts up on the slightly agitated Clawfoot stroking it's next she whispers "ssshhhh boy, it's good" over and over until it calms down. With a look over her shoulder and a rude gesture thrown at the Keeper she heads off down the road towards the back gate. "Interesting ride you have there Tuul. must be quite a story about how you tamed it eh?" she says over her shoulder as the Clawfoot kicks up a cloud of dust.

Tuul Draar responds, “I didn’t mend the animal just for you, I did it to upset the elf. Normally I would require an arm & a leg in payment, but if you would arrange “approved” entry then I would consider us even.” It is tough for Sarina to tell how much the goblin is kidding, and how much is serious. “My companion’s name is Rhokal, it was not difficult for the two of us to come to an understanding. He has served me well for some time now.”

As they come up to the back gate, Sarina recognizes the halfling on guard duty. His name is Bartol and he recruits Talenta warriors for the Blademarks’ Guild. He has given her a couple of free-lance jobs in the past. “Sarina,” Bartol calls out, “What bring you out this way?”

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
MavrickWeirdo said:
Keeper Caedaes turns to Thaean Kethir and says "Someone should keep an eye on those two". while pointing at the Goblin and Halfling

Thaean nods to Keeper Caedaes, "indeed we should," he says in agreement, "perhaps I should return to the ceremonies now, make sure my brother doesn't have himself in knots." He gestures to another elven warrior to take his place, clasping arms with the Keeper he makes his way into the center of the settlement, towards the wedding ceremonies. He'll keep an eye out for any of the respective outsiders he has seen enter, particularly the talenta and the goblin, although I am more curious about them, than cautious.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Salina Talenta Halfling Rogue

MavrickWeirdo said:
“Sarina,” Bartol calls out, “What bring you out this way?”
The halfling winks at Tuul "you just leave this to me friend" she says in a whisper out the side of her mouth. Pulling her Clawfoot to a halt in front of Bartol the diminuitive halfling slides off the saddle and thumps the male halfling in the arm "It is good to see you friend Bartol" she bellows before launching into her sorry tale of how she came to be wandering Valenar "...and that sees me here with my good friend Tuul" she indicates the goblin with a sweep of her hand "very reliable that one, and knows his way around animals" she says conspiratorily to Bartol "keep it quiet though, don't want it going to his head".

"So, where should we tether our beasts, we've been a long time on the road and we need to wash this dust from our parched throats"

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Bront said:

OOC All [sblock] First I will include some general common knowledge about the wedding. Tonight (in game time) is the formal introduction. Then Day 2 is the archery tournament. Day 3 is the Mounted Archery Race. Day 4 is the handfasting ceremony. There may be some additional gatherings that take place, but this is the general plan.[/sblock]

The elf goes quiet at Carvers question. He seems to come to a decision, and so speaks, “You are ‘xactly right. That’s jus wat this whole Wedding is about. The Ancestor of the Bride and the Ancestor of the groom were promised to marry each other.

Less than an hour before their historic handfasting, Hobgoblins attacked. The groom rallied both warbands and drove back the monsters. Unfortunately the groom was fatally wounded…

In the back…

with one of his own arrows.

Some claim a goblin could have picked up an arrow he had fired and shot it back at him, but there are many rumors about that day...

So this wedding is meant to make up for the one that never happened."

Remove ads