Elven Wedding - The race is Over, we are moving on

reedu21

First Post
Bront said:
"Oh, that's Dove." He pulls out an ornately crafted mourningstar, looking exceptional in both form and function. "I crafted him a while ago. I needed a companion and managed to imbue my weapon with one. He's usualy pretty quiet unless you talk to him. I think he understands people better than I do though."

"Pleasure to meet you Jhonas" says a voice eminating from the weapon. "Don't mind Carver, he's a bit of a lunk head, but he's a great guy."

You'd swear Carver was blushing from his body language "I'm sorry, he can be a bit direct at times."

"Well, hey there Dove. I'm not sure how I'd feel 'bout my weapons talkin' ta me, but it's nice ta have a loyal companion." Almost on cue, a previously unseen toad pokes its head up out of Jhonas' pocket and croaks at him. Oddly, he croaks back at it.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Ferrix said:
"Things are in order, or enough so. We've had quite the odd arrival of guests, none I've seen before. The strangest being a goblin riding a wasp," he says with a chuckle.

“Ugh, I can't believe one of them would show up here. There was something else I wanted to talk to you about brother. I was thinking that we should have an “additional prize” to the Mounted Archery Race. Whoever comes in second, behind me of course, we allow them to ride with the Honor Guard after the handfasting. What do you think?”

Bront

The man with the probe
reedu21 said:
"Well, hey there Dove. I'm not sure how I'd feel 'bout my weapons talkin' ta me, but it's nice ta have a loyal companion." Almost on cue, a previously unseen toad pokes its head up out of Jhonas' pocket and croaks at him. Oddly, he croaks back at it.
"Dove tries to keep me on the right path. He's supprisingly much more world savy than I, and he means well. Dove, try not to spook all the other guests by talking to much please." Carver nods as if something was said to him and puts the mourningstar away. "What is your familiar's name?"

Somewhat absentmindedly, Carver asks "What events are happening today? I don't want to miss anything."

reedu21

First Post
Bront said:
"Dove tries to keep me on the right path. He's supprisingly much more world savy than I, and he means well. Dove, try not to spook all the other guests by talking to much please." Carver nods as if something was said to him and puts the mourningstar away. "What is your familiar's name?"

Somewhat absentmindedly, Carver asks "What events are happening today? I don't want to miss anything."

Though he felt that the Warforged was honest and amiable, Jhonas didn't want to reveal overmuch about himself (or Sol) so soon, so he was glad when Carver moved on. "I think someone said there'd be some sort of introductions today. Lets head over ta the central paviliion." Jhonas tosses back the rest of his drink and leaves the tavern tent.

Bront

The man with the probe
reedu21 said:
Though he felt that the Warforged was honest and amiable, Jhonas didn't want to reveal overmuch about himself (or Sol) so soon, so he was glad when Carver moved on. "I think someone said there'd be some sort of introductions today. Lets head over ta the central paviliion." Jhonas tosses back the rest of his drink and leaves the tavern tent.

Carver nods and walks with Jhonas over to the central pavilion.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
After settling in the mounts, and freshening up (including catching a quick bite to eat) Salina pulls Tuul aside "Look it's been a pleasure and all, and I believe my debt is now paid to you, but in doing so I have earned another debt. You must excuse me my friend for I have pulled gaurd duty for a couple of hours in payment for our being allowed entry, and, as I said previously, I always pay my debts. We may meet again later, goodbye". With a wave Salina looks around to see if she can easily spot the wedding tent and moves off towards the centre of the field. "No bloodshed, yeah, yeah" she mutters "Nothing wrong with dealing a few bruises though" she says with a grin.

Sarina arrives at the gift tent; it is off the promenade where the bride’s camp meets the guest camp. The halfling on duty is pleased to see her. “I’m so glad you are here, I was afraid I would miss the Introduction Ceremony.”

Sarina steps into the tent and notices it is well lit with everburning torches, and the air is much cooler than outside. “Nice in here, isn’t it?” comments the other halfling. “That’s because they keep the cake in here.” She points to what looks like an ivory sculpture, until you look closely and see it is made of sugar. “The tent is enchanted to keep the air cool, and to keep away ants.”

“People are welcome to come in and look at the gifts, but no touching, especially not the cake. Don’t work too hard.” With that the other Halfling leaves.

There are many gifts for the couple including, a matched set of compound longbows, Tuul’s waterskin, some rose and jasmine perfume, a wooden carving of a Valenar Warrior on a Horse, two antique daggers (one full sized the other a “lady’s dagger”), a bottle of fine wine, etched crystal goblets, several promissory notes for various livestock, ect.

This seems to be a quiet time of day, only a couple of people come by to look at the gifs. During a moment when no one is inside, Sarina takes a look outside the tent. She happens to notice an elf walking by with a multi-colored flask. She recognizes the flask immediately, there can’t be two out there that ugly. It belonged to one of the other guards who died defending the caravan.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Salina Talenta Halfling Rogue

MavrickWeirdo said:
Salina takes a look outside the tent. She happens to notice an elf walking by with a multi-colored flask. She recognizes the flask immediately, there can’t be two out there that ugly. It belonged to one of the other guards who died defending the caravan.

"Damn" Salina spits "I'd recognise that ugly whiskey flask of Trethen's anywhere" she takes half-a-dozen steps out of the tent before looking over her shoulder at the piles of gifts "I always pays me debts" she mutters with a scowl, watching the man work his way through the crowd "but I'll have you, mark my words stranger" she snarls her eyes darting about the clearing immediately surrounding the tent.

[sblock]She quickly scours the area looking for someone (a child maybe?) who she can slip a couple of coins to and get to follow the man. At the same time she is not wandering far from the tent and is keeping half an eye on its contents. If she finds someone she will offer them 2gp to tail the man and find out where he is camping. The tail is to meet her in 2 hours back here at the wedding tent[/sblock]

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
As Salina scans the crowd she notices a young half-breed (half-elf) boy, as she is about to get his attention she notices Tuul walking allong the Promenade.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
solkan_uk said:
Flashing his most charming smile, "I'll not let you down"

Figuring she's got about 3/4 hour to herself, Thail goes in search of the new warforged, but keeps a very careful eye on the time.

EDIT: But then Thail remembers he has other duties...

"Minister Kaelendor, we'd best get you to the Central Pavillion."

Thail finds that, helping Minister Kaelendor get settled in takes longer that she expected, so that once she is free, she has to rush to be ready herself.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Bront said:
Carver nods and walks with Jhonas over to the central pavilion.

They arrive early. The Central Pavilion is an elegant dome which the Talenta set up over a shallow hollow, so the interior is quite spacious. The guests sit on pillows provided at the entrance. This allows the short platform at the northern side to look more significant. At the moment people are wildly spread out within the tent, but it will probably start filling up soon.

Remove ads