Forging Fury

Kerrz

First Post
The bare warforged settles himself down as his larger companion remains standing. With an over-hard voice he responds simply with, "Same as you. Going from Point-A to Point-B."

He softens up a bit when he continues, "As for the rail... you get used to it. Master over there has us bouncing around from place to place so often that you'd think we didn't have a home at all. So we didn't really have much choice but to go with it."

Kerrz

First Post
The bare warforged looks back at Tenor blankly, saying, "You might say that. We learn things from him, though mostly that is from watching and observing. Mostly he just tells us what to do and we go do it. It is simply that."

"We called him Commander for awhile, but he told us to stop. So we did."

Ringmereth

First Post
"As in the war, yes?" asks Agarndas rhetorically, the faintest bit of pity mixed into his normally low and level voice. "How did you and your partner come to serve this human?" he inquires.

Kerrz

First Post
"They went around telling us that we were free to go. I didn't have anywhere to go to. So I just stood there, trying to figure it out. Then a human came by, and I looked at him. He was surprised to see me still moving -- I think he came up to me looking for parts or trying to fix me. He told me to follow him. I did," the bare warforged says in response.

With a nod backwards at his companion, he says simply, "You'll have to ask this one on your own."

Ringmereth

First Post
"Were there many in your unit who did not leave?" inquires Agarndas. He himself had never considered not striking out on his own when his freedom was granted-a single building and a single job were all he had ever known during the War, save stories told by other Warforged. It seemed plain that, while he had little more than what knowledge he was created with, much more of the world existed than the repair facility he had toiled in.

Kerrz

First Post
"No. I was the only one. I just couldn't think of anywhere to go. War gave me a reason, and my reason was gone. No one seemed to mind that I was just standing there, and no one was telling me where else to go," the 'forged responded plainly.

Ringmereth

First Post
Agarndas nods, trying to analyze the utter helplessness of this Warforged.

[sblock]His low capacity for ambition and independent action would plainly be detrimental to his work should he ally with us, judges the necromancer. The question is then whether his inferior initiative is the result of his creation or his experinces. It is possible he could learn to lose his dependance on man and orders, but if not he may be a liability if pressured, he decides.[/sblock]

"I see. What was your purpose during the War? Furthermore, does this man give you a worthy reason?" he probes, hoping the Warforged's bonds of loyalty are not too strong to this unproven 'Commander'. "What of you?" Agarndas asks his armored companion. "Why do you follow that man?"

Kerrz

First Post
The armored warforged takes the initiative and answers first. It grunts, then goes silent.

The bare 'forged nods, saying to Agarndas, "Yes... That would be the other reason I did not give you his story. I haven't been able to pry it out myself yet."

"As for my purpose, I was general infantry. Nothing special, just simple, rigorous order. I miss it. The Master seems to fill that part of the void, though I still miss the combat,"
the warforged adds.

Kerrz

First Post
OOC: Guess that conversation has run its course.

The rail car moves along smoothly down the track, with the scenery whizzing by. The two warforged and their master have returned to their side of the car and relative solitude.

The rail car travels through upper Aundair quickly, the cities seeming like brief glimpses of civilization between the war torn lands. The border, however, appears very clearly as it is crossed. There are entrenchments on either side, and debris running through the middle. The rail car flies by smoothly however, as the tracks are kept clean to keep trade running through the area.

Having left Aundair, and entered Thrane, the so-called "Master" appears to have eased up slightly and almost become jovial with the bare 'forged who spoke with the group.

The car moves on and slowly but surely comes closer to Thaliost and one more step in a long journey for the warforged.

OOC: Last chance to talk to the 'Forged and their Master, or to make any extra commentary on the entrance into Thrane/Thaliost. I will post something meaningful tomorrow.

Remove ads