Forging Fury

Ringmereth

First Post
OOC: Shame no one else felt like butting in-it didn't feel right for Agarndas to open up about the village to a strange Warforged, even one with some potential.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
North walks over to the other side of the car toward the human.

"Hello sir. My name is North. I spoke to your travelling companions earlier, and I was interested to meet one who treats two of my kind so well. I want to make something clear to you: you are giving these two a purpose, and I assume are paying them for their efforts and time spent in your service. I appreciate this and would do nothing to interfere in your, or their business. You shouldn't take what I am about to say to them as such interference."

North then turns to the two warforged and speaks.

"I see that you are content with this man you call "master." I know you desire structure and purpose now that the war is over. If ever you wish to find a place where you can set your own purpose, if ever you wish to find a place where you can be a part of a new structured community, look for us or our friends in Breland, southeast of Sharn. You will be among friends and you will find purpose with us. This is an invitation to come when you have finished your service with this one."

North gestures toward the man in the car with his hand, and then bows briefly at the waste.

"Excuse the interruption sir, and thank you for treating these two as well as you do. It would be very unfortunate for us, to see a man who takes advantage of two of our kind. It is good to see your kindness."

North continues to his side of the car.

"He seems to treat them with...if not kindness, then at least some level of respect. Perhaps, in time those two will join us."

Bront

The man with the probe
Kerrz said:
"As for my purpose, I was general infantry. Nothing special, just simple, rigorous order. I miss it. The Master seems to fill that part of the void, though I still miss the combat," the warforged adds.
"Well, does your master pay you for your services or compensate you in any other way?" Tenor asks. He finds the chord he's looking for and strums it out on his Lyre while talking.

OOC: Sorry, I was sort of waiting for any of the others to break in here, didn't want to hog the spotlight.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Wander nods, and says quietly to North in a thoughtful tone, "The garrulous one reminds me of myself. It is... difficult to feel displaced and of no use. I believe I understand him." She doesn't appear to betray very much emotion with these words, though.

Ringmereth

First Post
[sblock]And thus departs our secrecy. No man will gladly part with a willing servant such as a purposeless Warforged. Undoubtedly he will strive to keep them in his service, and should they leave him he may spread the word of our experiment.[/sblock]

Leaning towards North, Agarndas speaks softly in his steady voice. "Bringing undue attention to our establishment is unlikely to bring us beneficial results. It is plain that many powers would oppose our undertaking should they discover it. If you share Juarin's goal, then the longer they are ignorant of us, the better for the Warforged," he advises.

Kerrz

First Post
The bare warforged pipes up at Tenor's comments, saying, "Duty is reward enough. We are kept well, and given what we need to propser. We needed nothing more during the war, why should we need more now?"

"As for your invitation... it seems... obscure at best. Perhaps you could elaborate."

Bront

The man with the probe
"What my friend is trying to say" says Tenor, trying to smooth things over, "is if you ever seek to learn a life beyond simple duty, to seak out our community. If you want nothing but to serve, then there is no need, but if you seek more from your lives, then come and check out what hopes to be a prosperious warforged comunity we can call our own."

Kerrz

First Post
The bare warforged nods noncomitally and returns to his side of the rail car after a little pause.

The rail car flies down the track with ease, but begins to slow as it approaches another city. The human grins excitedly and heads towards the door, waiting only moments after the car has stopped to bolt outside. His warforged companions follow along slightly forlornly.

After a few moments of scuffle, the group of warforged remaining in the train make their way out to the loading platform and work their way towards the gates.

A portly, loud man stands next to the gate speaking to each person in turn. Surrounding him are several armed troops. When the group reaches their turn in the queue, the loud man turns to the warforged with a cringe. He says, "Ugh, more of you..."

"Names and business? What brings you to Thrane from Aundair? Please tell me you're spies. We had alot of fun with the last spies to come through,"
the man said with undisguised pleasure on his face. "Hurry up about it. If you need to be flogged and turned back, we'd like to get it done and over with. If not, you should be about your way before my men decide that you soulless creatures are no better than the footsoldiers of our dear neighbours to the east."

Ringmereth

First Post
Agarndas searches his bag for a moment before handing over his travelling papers. "I am Agarndas, a student of wizardry. I am travelling here as a component of my studies, and have no intention to involve myself in any espionage," states the warforged in his customarily neutral tone while inwardly contemplating the idea of dissecting this singularly foolish man alive; after all, he had spent little time researching the distinctly human concept of pain.

Remove ads