Forging Fury

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Despite your hostility, I believe we will be friendly to you. I understand that yours must be a singularly difficult job. My name is North and I am a student of the magical arts as well. I wish you a pleasant day."

Kerrz

First Post
The portly man looked North over with a critical eye and smirked. "Hrmm. Friendly or not, you're still a damned dirty spy. Put him in chains boys," the man said with a grunt.

Fearing an end to their journey so early, North and the others went along with the man's demands and North was put in chains and taken to a side-office. After allowing the rest of the group, and indeed the rest of the passengers, to pass through, the portly man returned to the room holding North. The man left the rest of the group out in a waiting room, informing them that the charges for aiding a spy were large, and that he needed them on hand until the truth was determined.

The portly man returned to the interrogation chamber where North was locked up and slammed the door behind him. He nearly spat in North's face as he ranted, "Thought you could slip by, eh? Thought we wouldn't catch on... What kind of fools do you take us for? Here you are, proudly bearing the symbol of Karrnath on your chest, getting off of a train from Aundair, and you think that we'll just go along with your 'student of the magical arts' line?"

"Quite the little story you're telling. I can smell it on you, though. You're part of some Aundarian plot with the Karrnathis to bring us down from the inside. Well, you hunk of junk, you'll have to try harder than that to explain why you're coming through Thaliost,"
the portly man spouts.

He leans forward and screams in North's face, "Now tell me! Why are you here?! What are your masters sending you through for?! Why shouldn't I lock you up for the rest of time, you dirty mechanical spy?!"

OOC: For clarification, I am assuming that North is still wearing the mark that was built into his plating to signify him as an officer in the Karrnathi war-machine. You did not specify either way, and it helps this plot item. It might work in your advantage while you're in Karrnath, but right now you're in Thrane.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Ah yes, that. It is good that you hold so much hatred for my former masters. As you know, the wretched Karrns have refused my people their rights afforded them by Thronehold. It seems to me a nation who ignores one part of a treaty will see no problem with ignoring another and can clearly not be trusted. I only wear these markings as they were forged into me the day I was born and I can never change them. It seems to me I would hide them were I a spy for Karrnath working against Thrane. The only reason I would see to display them is if I were a spy for Thrane, or some other nation that hates Karrnath, and I was trying to infiltrate the Karrnathi."

Kerrz

First Post
The portly man grins slyly, saying, "Some other nation, eh? Like AUNDAIR! Admitted, from your own mouth! You were trying to hide blame, but me? I knew better, I saw that look as you came off the train... that appraising look, like you're counting troops. You'll be back to your people by nightfall and by morning my throat'll be slit if I let you go."

"No... no... a far more interesting turn would be to give you back to your masters then if you dislike them so much. We'll launch you across what's left of the bridge towards Rekkenmark... see how that treats you. You'll find the Karrnathi don't appreciate escapees..."
the portly man says with a smile.

Bront

The man with the probe
Tenor butts in cautiously "Sir, what gain would we have to gain from spying on anyone? We are but simple warforged trying to forge our own path amonst the new oppertunities that have presented themselves to us. Durring the war, we were used as weapons and nothing more, and now this one here of keeping loyalties. Would you question the loyalties of a Karrnathi longsword, shield, or suit of armor? Then why would you question the loyalties of a simple man who has moved on from his days of being a weapon?"

OOC: Diplomacy check (+7) to attempt to calm down the guard and convince him to let us go.

Kerrz

First Post
ooc: Tenor is in another room. As such he is talking to a regular guard, not the portly interrogator.

The guard standing watch over Tenor and the others in the waiting room grunted at Tenor's suggestion, but could do nothing to countermand his superior and so he stayed silent.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
North slumps his head and shoulders, as if defeated.

"Well, whatever you do sir, don't send my companions with me. It is bad enough you send me back into Karrnath, into the den of slavers who perform unnatural acts with their dead. My fellow warforged didn't know anything about this. They are innocent. I would never forgive myself if I led them all into slavery. I heard that the guards in Thrane couldn't catch a spy if they wore a sign around their necks labeling them as such. Clearly my information was false."

Kerrz

First Post
ooc: I want to post right now, but I don't have the time. I've got a hectic schedule with a wrestling camp going on all week and a final exam going on thursday. So things might slow down for a day or two as my access to the computer will be spotty at best. I'll get back to you guys when I can get a chance.

Bront

The man with the probe
Kerrz said:
ooc: Tenor is in another room. As such he is talking to a regular guard, not the portly interrogator.

The guard standing watch over Tenor and the others in the waiting room grunted at Tenor's suggestion, but could do nothing to countermand his superior and so he stayed silent.
OOC: Oops.

Tenor, raising his musical voice with a note of anger "If we were not warforged, would we not be allowed better respresentation? Would you be this rude? Would you not have moved along faster? And why are we the last ones being questioned*? Now get my friends through here quickly. Or are you going to have to explain to your superior's superiors how you drew the ire of Diamonte d’Phiarlan and the House of Phiarlan by needlessly holding his personal assistant and his friends?"

OOC2: Not exactly sure if this is a bluff check(+7), diplomacy check (+7), intimidate check (+3), or all of the above, or if what I said it sufficiant. There's enough truth to it that it's not exactly a bluff...

*Strike this comment if this is not the case, I'm just assuming based on how we're being treated.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases