Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Scotley

Hero
OOC: If there are no objections we will advance time until morning. Everyone except Morwyn is tired. Morwyn likely feels a vital need for a bath as he smells like a sewer after his little trip.

Scotley

Hero
Mistress Ablelard has cooked up some fresh bread and has some bacon and eggs going as well. The smell of these and stong tea wafts about the 'Bedsheet. The rumbling of your stomachs draws everyone from their cabins.

For Radoon only [sblock]Radoon wakes feeling marvelously rested and refreshed. As he stirs on the small bed he realizes that he is alone in the cabin. However, looking at the covers and the extra pillow he suspects that he was not alone all night. Marienna must have slept next to him for at least part of the night. The smell of food soon draws Radoon from the cabin.[/sblock]

OOC: Can we assume everyone is assembled in the mess for breakfast and information sharing?

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Smelling the morning's food being prepared, and feeling his stomach rumble, Radoon will rise and dress. He would like to clean up a little too.

Before leaving he will make the bed with a note on M.'s pillow, "Thanks for the magic hands and taking care of me. -R."

Scotley

Hero
Abourd the Rumpled Bedsheet

A young midshipman arrives at the gangway an hour after dawn bearing a letter. The lad is dressed in a fine sailor's uniform that might be suitable for an admiral in most navys. He asks the sailor on duty to deliver it to Finn Hunter and that states that he is to await a reply. The missive is contained in a fine stationary of purest white.

For Finn Hunter only [sblock]Dearest Pheneas, it is most pleasant to hear from you. Your gift was quite thoughtful. I would enjoy talking with you and catching up on old times. If it is convienent for you, please attend me at noon today for luncheon and conversation. My man will await your reply. Master and Captain Genevieve de Grassie, of the Lady in White.[/sblock]

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

Scotley said:
OOC: If there are no objections we will advance time until morning. Everyone except Morwyn is tired. Morwyn likely feels a vital need for a bath as he smells like a sewer after his little trip.

I'll Create Water once I'm back on ship, and take that bath.

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

Once everyone's had a chance to get breakfast and tea, I'll share what I saw during my reconn.

"Gentlemen, and gentlewoman, there's a suspiciously large compound, which can only be described as a fortress, in the eastern part of Mermaid's Rest. I hope that Rook can give you a decent description of the surface, since my perspective was rather unusual. However, underwater, there's a serious barbed wire net surrounding some sort of structure supported on pontoons. There are a number of strange barracuda-like fish defending the place; they visciously attacked a normal fish I herded into their area.

I don't know anything more detailed than that. Here's what I suspect, though. I think the fish are some sort of zombie barracuda.

If you remember, Mr. Tebbs mentioned that, when the Lorrainna Fare was taken, there was the "scent of decay" about her, like the dead hadn't been cared for. I asked, and was told that the scent was a dry smell, rather than a wet smell.

I suspect that our foe is some sort of necromancer. That would explain the scent of decay and the unusual silence with which the attack was carried out. If I'm right, then the zombie barracuda point to the same conclusion. Mr. Storm's questions hinted at something similar, but he never saw fit to share his observations with us, so that's only speculation as well.

Does that scenario fit with what you are thinking, or do you have other ideas?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

"The 'Fortress' is heavily fortified from the surface as well. Difficult but not, in my estimation, impossible to get into undetected if that's what we decide is necessary.

The conclusion that our enemy is a necromancer, or in some way associated with the animation of corpses, fits my conclusions as well."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

"hmmmph magic users", Radoon spits at the phrase. "You know Rook and I have a fairly tough reputaion around here now, after last night's escapade. Maybe we wander by that area and see if they need any help."

Scotley

Hero
Breakfast in 'Bedsheet

Marienna nods, "I does sound like undead may be involved. Perhaps we should see what sort of magic might be available here to combat undead? I for one am ill prepared to deal with them."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases