Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

After reading the note, Finn turns to address the captain. "Captain Morwyn, it looks like one of the avenues of information I opened last night may be bearing fruit. A possible ally for us in our quest has consented to see me today at noon for luncheon. Might I be at liberty to make this meeting? Captain de Grassie would be a valuable ally, and might know more of this fortress and of tomorrow's masque."

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

"Very well, Mr. Finn. We need all the information we can get."

OOC: I'm going to be on a business trip through Saturday. I might have internet access, but I don't count on it.

Scotley

Hero
Mermaid's Rest

OOC: I'm going to move on with Finn's bit of information gathering tomorrow, but please continue to discuss your next actions with regard to the 'fortress' and/or the Masque.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

"Well, what ever we do, let's get moving. Our cargo may not be alive for much longer, as I remember him, he was not the hardiest of sailors."

OCC - headed out of town, will be out till Tues. sorry. I may have internet at the hotel.

Scotley

Hero
Luncheon with the Captain

After the breakfast discussions (which I assume are continuing), Finn prepares to visit the 'Lady in White.' Marienna has a suggestion, "Those fellows lurking about seem to be getting bolder by the minute. I suggest you take a ship's boat and make your way by sea rather than 'land' if you take my meaning. After Radoon and Rook's encounter I think it might be best that none of us wander about without significant numbers. You could take a couple of men with you as rowers."

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

With the Captain's consent, Finn pulls a bit of parchment from one of his belt pouches, and writes a reply for the waiting sailor. "Mr. Rook, Marienna's suggestion does make since, and I am sure you have some information about our quest from Mr. Marin of which I am not privy. Perhaps you would consider accompanying me to meet Captain De Grassie. Hopefully, we can convince her to aid us in this matter, and I do wish to give her as much cause to do so as possible."

For the DM [sblock] Finn's note says, "Dear Captain, It will indeed be my pleasure to attend you this afternoon. I will be accompanied by a companion, Rook, who knows additional information about one of the topics I wish to discuss with you. It is always a pleasure.

Your servant,

Phineas Hunter. [/sblock]

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

"Mr. Finn, I don't know that I have any information which you don't; if so I appologize, for it was my intent to fill you in completel, though I may have overlooked some details. I'll be happy to accompany you, for I am most interested in learning anything which might possibly aid our endeavor.

I agree with Mr. Radoon, time is pressing. If I could confirm that young Marin was present in a particular location, I would advocate moving without delay. However, I fear making a mistake, tipping our hand, and setting the entire populace against us. I hope that your contact can corroborate our current theories, and give us a course to steer."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Radoon will make rounds and see how the crew is doing, checking on morale, hangovers, if anyone seems to need anything...

He will also make a point to see M. and ask if she'd like to have dinner on top deck later.

OCC - I have no idea what time it might be right now.

Remove ads