Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

What size are the 'strangely motionless fish"? How many?

How deep is the ocean at this point?

How large, and just how fair skinned, are the large fair skinned fellows at the gate? How many?

Are there sea lanes between this place and open water, or is it surrounded by boats or on the border between 'city' and ocean? Are there any boats or ships inside the walls; what about places to let in ships or boats?

Is this 'gated community' one of the spots with lights at or beneath the surface of the water?

Scotley

Hero
Below Mermaid's Rest

OOC: The fish are fairly large 3' to 4' in lenght. Morwyn can only see a few from his vantage point, but gets the eerie feeling their might be more.

The ocean is only about 100' deep here.

There are two guards on either side of the outer gates that protect the walkways up to the 'walls' and there are two guards outside the gate in the wall. The guards appear to be just fairly large humans (6'+ and strongly built), and their skin is only a little paler that then average Shieldlander.

There are ships on three sides of the enclosure. On the final side there is a clear channel lined with ships and boats that makes a clear lane to truely open water. There are three small boats tied up near one of the gates. The nature of the floating walls is such that it is likely they could be disconnected to allow a ship entry. There is some sort of large structure within the walls that rests on pontoons, but no other ships.

There are no lights below the water here. Indeed even at this early hour the only lights visible are at the gates and along the walkways.

Scotley

Hero
Below Mermaid's Rest

Morwyn soon locates a small fish and herds it throught the net. After a moment it swims within ten or fifteen feet of the stationary fish. Suddenly three of them drop out of line and fall upon the poor fish. They soon rip it apart and return to their place. They seem to be some sort of barracuda, but they look kind of battered and strangely green in color.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

OCC - Hi guys, what's up. Seems like the game has slowed tremendously. Can we get back into it a bit, I am really into this adventure.

Thanks

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

OOC: Do I recognize the hulls of any of the three ships inside the enclosure?

IC: Too bad I couldn't send some of the Sahuagin's sharks through and let them tear each other apart. I'd try out the crossbow, but I don't want to raise any alerts.

Oh well, it looks like we've got a winner here, so I'll head back to the 'Sheet. I'll take a different way back, though, in case I can spot anything else interesting.

I'll also keep up the dialogue over the coins, though the magic may have expired by now.

Scotley

Hero
Below Mermaid's Rest

None of the three boats is big enough to be called a ship.

You make it back to the bedsheet without incident. Assuming Rook also goes back, then everyone is aboard. The magic of the coins lasts just long enough for Rook to be informed of Morwyn's findings and intention to return to the 'Bedsheet.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Rook will indeed return to the 'Sheet, by the most expiditious route unless Morwyn indicates he'll be needed. Just for practice (and because it may work to our advantage for the ruffians watching the boat not to know exactly how many are aboard), he'll try to sneak back aboard.

Rook rolls 1d20+19, getting [2,19] = (21) Hide, and

Rook rolls 1d20+17, getting [4,17] = (21) Move Silently

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Rook glides from shadow to shadow making hardly a sound as he slips aboard the 'Bedsheet. He manages to startle one of the sailors standing guard when he steps from the shadows.

Remove ads