Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

"Take whatever gear you think you might need, Captain. Between what my sources have told me and what Misters Radoon and Rook have reported hearing from their seer, we may need to tread carefully. Being overprepared is better than being short a belaying pin when you're setting a yard in a storm." Finn's face is extremely serious during this discusion.

"Hmmm, the Hanged Man you say was the first card? Usually that's considered a lucky sign if you take it for a sign of audacious action. Maybe I should go see this Hrulda. Sounds like she might have the true sight. Never can know too much about the future."

For the DM
[sblock] Hey, Scott. Any possibility Hrulda might be a seer psychic, someone the IEC might have investigated? Anything I might know of her? [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
For Finn only [sblock]It is unlikely that she has come to the attention of the IEC or they would have included that in your briefing before coming here. You have no personal knowledge of her either.[/sblock]

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

Mowgli said:
Also, if Morwyn wants to slip into the water and recon directly from the Bedsheet, maybe a ruckus should be started on the docks to focus attention away from Morwyn's departure?

Rook has a good point, I'd like to avoid attention from anyone watching if possible. However, I'm not that comfortable with putting anyone at risk to create a diversion just for me.

OOC: Is there some place I can enter the water that isn't in the line of sight to another ship?

Also, I presume that Aquan can be spoken underwater; can I speak any other language underwater?

Scotley

Hero
Mermaid's Rest

OOC: The rules in Stormwrack suggest that if you can breath water you can speak under water. It will be difficult to slip into the water without being in the line of sight of someone in this crowded collection of ships, but in the dark you may not be noticed. In daylight it is not uncommon for sailors to dive around their ship to make repairs or inspections, but at night such behavior would be unusual. Will you go solo or take Rook along?

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

OOC: I was hoping, since we were one of the last boats to arrive today, that we'd be on the outside of the mass, and maybe there'd be a side away from sight.

IC: I'll pull out two silver pieces, and pierce one so that I can thread a cord through the hole and hang it around my neck. Then, just before we're ready to leave the ship, I'll use the Oil of Listening Coin on the two coins - the one with the hole will be the transmitter, and the other the receiver. I'll take the transmitter, as described, and give the receiver to Rook.

"With this, once I've applied the Oil, you'll be able to hear what's going on near me. I'll keep up a commentary of what I'm doing so you'll be able to follow along on land. Am I right in thinking that you've got a pretty good chance of traveling undetected? If so, I'd appreciate the backup.

The diversion's a good idea, but the magic on the coins won't last very long, and I think we'll just keep this simple. If you and Finn can find a spot that isn't being actively watched, I'll enter the water there. Then we'll make speed towards the eastern sections of the Rest, and see what we can see."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

"Sounds like as good a plan as any. Finn and I will get about looking for a likely departure spot for you. I'll leave the ship via the docks, that should create a small diversion without putting me in too much danger. I'll give any followers the slip and shadow you on land."

Rook will take a tour of the rigging and do a 'casual' survey of the other ships and people watching the 'Sheet. Are there any spots where Morwyn might be able to slip into the water without being observed? Especially if Rook leaves the ship via the docks at the same time Morwyn's slipping over the side?

Scotley

Hero
Mermaid's Rest

OOC: Rook guesses that the best place for an unseen departure will be the windows at the back of the ship below the quarter deck.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

After his inspection of the rigging, Rook will inform Morwyn of his findings and, as soon as Morwyn is ready to go, will saunter down the gangplank and off the ship, heading in a direction perpendicular to the one he'll eventually take. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, he'll slip into the shadows and begin paralleling Morwyn's course.

Rook rolls 1d20+19, getting [12,19] = (31) Hide and

Rook rolls 1d20+17, getting [10,17] = (27) Move Silently

Remove ads