Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Scotley

Hero
The Fortune Teller

The old seer nods at Rook's gemstone, "I thank you, perhaps I'll use it to take a little vacation. Please do be careful, this is no simply matter you are undertaking."

Scotley

Hero
The return to the 'Rumpled Bedsheet' is uneventful though there do seem to be an unusual number of rough looking characters lurking around. Upon your arrival Marienna is on deck looking at the questionable fellows lurking about. Seeing Radoon's wounds she quickly takes him to her cabin and begins to examine him and ply her magic. The warmth of it soothes away the pain leaving only a tingle. She tries to chastise him, but there is a gentleness and care in her touch that is obvious. "You really must be more careful, you look as if you've been run over by a plow. How did this happen? I insist that you get some rest and eat something. I'll go to the galley and find you something. Just lie back and take it easy." Belatedly she also offers to treat Rook as well. Soon both men are back to good health.

OOC: I'm glad you enjoyed the cards. I had fun with it. I do have a tarot deck and have a fair knowledge of it. I've also done some reading about spiritualists and the occult in the victorian era. About half of what I did was legit and half made up to fit the game. I was off yesterday and had several errands to accomplish as well as taking care of the baby, so I had to work in smaller bits, but perhaps that was good in that it built suspense. Now you just have to figure it all out. :cool:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

"I'm not too concerned about him -- we did some significant damage to him, and I was planning on being a little more 'covert' this time. However, there seem to be a fair number of roughnecks keeping tabs on the Bedsheet, so perhaps I should stick around here for the evening."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

"Now don't make such a fuss. Rook and I got into a scuffle on the way to madame Hrulda's. They apparently wanted to capture Rook and sell him into slavery. I was doing OK in teh fight until a well armoured Gnoll started wailing on me with his axe. I guess I'm not as good as I once was, but - winking at M., I am sill as good once, as I ever was." With this he will let out a chuckle, amusing himself.

"Would you see if there is any whiskey left from the party, I could really use a couple drinks to ease these bruised muscles and help me sleep."

Radoon is exhausted by this point and may not even be able to stay awake until her return.

Scotley

Hero
Sleeping it off

"I don't think any more drink would be in your best interests. Some soup and perhaps ale and warm milk would be best." As predicted Radoon is soon asleep in Marienna's cabin. The bed smells of her perfume.

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

Yes, I'm up from my rest. I'm not quite sure how long Rook and Radoon took to get to the Seer, hear the fortune, and return to the 'Sheet, but by my calculations, it's probably about an hour or two after sunset (given that their fight was at sunset, then to the Seer and back); that about right?

After hearing from Finn and Rook, "Let me see if I understand everything. Finn hears reports of six undesirables acting suspiciously in the east side of town. Radoon's reading indicates that we should look to the east, behind some sort of barrier. It sounds like I should concentrate my reconnaissance on the east, though I'll try to get a look at the Masque site and other landmarks as well.

Does anyone object to my taking on the reconn the magic trident and crossbow from the Sahuagin? Perhaps I can learn something of their nature that will help us determine how to allocate the items."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Rook has no objections, and renews his offer to accompany Morwyn -- though he will leave it up to the Captain's judgement whether he should go with or should stay at the Bedsheet in case the folk watching us decide to start trouble.

Also, if Morwyn wants to slip into the water and recon directly from the Bedsheet, maybe a ruckus should be started on the docks to focus attention away from Morwyn's departure?

Remove ads