Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Scotley

Hero
Captain de Grassi

"I am familiar with old Honager, though I don't know him well. I knew they had suffered some losses over the past year. I don't really know the details."

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

"Well, Captain, last year, the Daughter of Cambre went down in a storm while on a late season run up to Icewatch. Just a few months ago, the Lorrainna Fare was apparently seized by pirates in the same waters. Supposedly, all hands were lost, including Allois Marin, the old man's son. But Honager Marin has connections that run deep, and apparently his connections believe that Allois is alive and being held captive, somewhere here at the Rest. We are a rescue and revenge mission for Marin. My companions know more of the details, what I know is from a letter the old man sent to me after I joined the crew of the 'Sheet."

Scotley

Hero
Lunch with Captain de Grasse

"You do find yourself in interesting situations don't you Finn?" She takes a sip of wine and looks a little pale. "Like all who travel the seas for their livelyhood, I detest priracy. How sure is Honager that they have come here? What can I do to help? I don't normally frequent the 'Rest, but merely came for the Masque."

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Finn's grin is tight, almost more a grimace than an expression of pleasure. "Truly, madam, I would not bring additional trouble to your gangplank, but you have now touched on the subject that came to my mind when I saw your flag here. I have but Honager's letter for corraboration of Allois' location, but he gave hints to sources that I and my betters have relied upon in times past. Captain Morwyn, Mr. Rook, myself, and others of the crew have begun looking for proof of Allois' hiding spot. Personally, I feel matters may come to a head here at the Rest during the masque of which you speak. Our cover as simple coaster sailors would never get us into such an affair as one that would draw both yourself and the Sea Sorceror. Might it be possible for some few of us to add ourselves to your retinue at the masque, so as to continue our investigations there? Some of us might have been able to sneak in on our own, but being there as one of your guests would give us some legitimacy that would prevent our throats being summarily slit if we should find damning evidence while there."

Scotley

Hero
Lunch with Captain de Grasse

"I see, you think the Masque is somehow connected to pirates? I guess anything is possible and one can't have too many galant men waiting on her. How many would you like me to include?" Tapping her chin with a finger in thought she adds, "You'll need costumes of course. If you don't already have them you'll need to make haste. I gather that the resources of the 'Rest are already taxed in that respect."

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

"Captain Morwyn, Rook, how many would you say? I intend to go, and I have somethings in my kit that I believe I can use to make a costume."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

On board, Radoon will post a person to watch others activities. I am putting a person on watch to watch others on land that might be watching our boat. Just making sure no one is looking into us too much.

Remove ads