[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Kordunn relaxes after about a minute, the paladin's senses could not make out any undead or other sources of evil in the vincinity. Which was to be expected, since the party got ashore a good distance away from the buildings on this side of the river, but you never know.

The group then proceeds to circle the buildings, keeping their distance and using the little natural vegetation, which still struggles against the poisoned ground water, for cover. They are here to give the graveyard a quick visit, not to stumble into a large band of orcs.

A mile or two away the borders of a large forest begin, which stretches as far north as the eye can see. It will take an hour or two to reach the Valhingen Graveyard. Unerringly, the adventurers continue their journey through the bleakness of the scoured lands.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn rides his dog and sings a pleasant happy tune softly to lighten the companions mood. His excitement at this new adventure is obvious to all despite the dangers.

Thanee

First Post
With their eyes suspiciously watching the old settlement, but unable to make out any imminent dangers, the group continues towards the graveyard. An hour passes uneventful, nothing disturbs them, not even animals are encountered on the scoured lands, even though some animal voices can be heard in the distance coming from the forest.

When the adventurers reach the area around the Valhingen Graveyard, the vegetation has improved only slightly; here and there a few trees still carry leaves, but most are withered and broken. The graveyard itself also comes into view.

Stretching over several hundred feat and surrounded by a crooked fence, overgrown with vines, lies the Valhingen Graveyard. Some tall stone structures, crypts or mausoleums most likely, some of them resembling small towers, can be seen behind the fence. The eastern gate stands wide open, at which a stone walkway originates, which twists and turns deeper into the area, lined with gravestones, some of which turned over, and withered plants.

Overhead the sun shines brightly on the blue sky and spreads some warmth even into this dreadful location.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

Surveying the grave yard from the back of his mount, Eldwyn addresses his companions. "We should really consider how we should array ourselves if we encounter trouble." Raising his holy symbol he adds, "I may be able to keep some undead off us, but if their numbers are great we'll have to defend ourselves."

Voadam

Legend
"I have magic to smite a foe from range, a personal combat ward, and skill with weapons should they come upon us. As I said, if I detect any undead or other evil as we progress I will let you know. I suggest we proceed through the open gate."

Mista Collins

First Post
"If needed I can call on the pwer of nature to help battle those that are unnatural. And I know if I command it, Intrepido wouldn't mind having a little chewing bone to play with," Selvaggio says with a dry laugh as he scratches Intrepido behind his ears. "But let's not hope for too much trouble."

Thanee

First Post
Kylest agrees, that the most simple route is often the best and the gate seems a lot easier way to enter than the fence. With his greatsword ready in his hands, the dwarven warrior moves towards the gate together with the rest. As a warrior, his place is in the front.

Thunder:
[SBLOCK]It was a long and tiresome journey from Vaasa to the Moonsea, and Thunder had to make use of his trusted battleaxe a few times. Eventually he arrived at the large body of water and followed the waterside further to the west, where he knew Phlan would lie in a river mouth. When Thunder finally emerged from a large forest and found a big enough river with a ruined settlement built in and around it, which could only be Phlan, he also discovered a rather big band of orcs, out for trouble. Because he was alone and despite relishing the thought of smashing his axe into these foul creatures, Thunder did the only reasonable thing and went back to the forest before the orcs could see him. He spent the rest of the day looking for a way to cross the river, but with no luck. The settlement on this side of the river was obviously infested with orcs, so it was futile to ask there. A bit north of it, he found a large graveyard, and when the sun was setting, he made camp a good distance away from the gates between a few trees and bushes. During the night, he dreamed of a dreadful storm, the sky had darkened, thunder growled and lightning flashed, nothing to be afraid of, but it seemed unnatural in some way. He rested well into the next day and when he was just about ready to take off again, Thunder heard some hushed voices in the distance. A group of travelers, as it seems, is approaching the graveyard, a couple hundred feet away. They look armed and capable, a human, two dwarfs and two halflings can be made out, one of which is riding a dog, while a wolf accompanies the human. After having exchanged a few words, the group heads towards the gate to the graveyard now.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads