[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Round 3

Battle Map - Round 3

"I'll get you this time!" says Elmus, as he summons another bolt at the last adversary. If not for the shifting and moving in melee, which makes it difficult to pick the right moment, the halfling's attack would have hit, but instead it barely misses and dissipates on the fence.

Selvaggio swings both his club and his sickle, hoping to finish this unholy creature. While he is able to hit with the curved blade of the sickle, his attack only cuts out some of the putrid flesh, which does not seem to stop the creature in the slightest. Intrepido snarls, but does not dare to move any closer.

"And now for the last one." Kordunn holds his ground and swings the polearm in a broad sweep to strike at the last standing undead. The dwarf is able to hit the walking corpse as well, and cuts open another wound, but the undead is still standing.

Thunder moves in from the opposite side, charging with his axe raised high above his towering frame. The mighty weapon cleaves right into the shoulder and opens a wide gash where it hits.

With that final blow, the walking corpse collapses, the unholy energy unable to sustain it's unlife any longer. The last of the undead has been destroyed.

Eldwyn quickly moves into a position to aid the wounded Kylest with healing if needed, but the dwarven warrior does not seem to be worried much about the small wound.

Combat is over!

Eldwyn - unscathed
Riding Dog - unscathed
Kordunn - unscathed
Kylest - lightly wounded
Oog/Elmus - unscathed
Selvaggio - unscathed
Intrepido - unscathed
Thunder - unscathed
Undead Leader - destroyed
Walking Corpse - destroyed
Skeleton - destroyed

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn sweeps his gaze around the entire area, polearm and magic at the ready in case he sees more shambling undead.

[SBLOCK] detect evil and spot [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Hearing Elmus, Eldwyn says, "Don't belittle your success, your one hit was much better than my none. However, by the gods we won the day with only a minor wound to the noble dwarf. Besides, I have a feeling you'll have many more chances before our work here is done."

Mista Collins

First Post
"I have a feeling we will encounter plenty more of these undead. But first, I want to see what is in that one's scrollcase." Selvaggio says as he points to a leathery scroll case attached to the belt of the leader.

Walking over with Intrepido on his heels, Selvaggio bends over and undoes the case from the belt and opens it up to see what is stored inside.

Thanee

First Post
For now, the area seems clear. Kordunn's senses can only pick up the fading auras of the destroyed undead.

Meanwhile, Selvaggio opens the scroll case and reveals a rolled up parchment, which seems in good condition still, despite the case being mostly rotten by now. The parchment contains a myriad of strange symbols and writings, which he cannot make any sense of.

Selvaggio:
[SBLOCK]As you pick up the scroll case you get a closer look of the short sword the skeleton used during the combat. It does not appear to be jagged or rusted. In fact, it looks fairly new, despite some dirt stains.[/SBLOCK]

Thunder:
[SBLOCK]As you look down on the defeated foes you get a closer look of the warhammer the zombie used during the combat. The handle hasn't begun to rot yet and the hammerhead does not appear to be rusted. In fact, it looks fairly new, despite some dirt stains.[/SBLOCK]

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfing

Breaking his usual solemn demeanor Eldwyn barley contains a giggle as he says, "What is it Selvaggio, love notes from his Ghoulfriend?"

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn invokes some more power then peers around over the undead and the looted scroll.

[SBLOCK] detect magic [/SBLOCK]

Once finished he will come over to kneel down and peer at the corpses and try and determine if they were formerly human residents of the old city or newer humanoid additions.

Mista Collins

First Post
Selvaggio human

With a chuckle at Eldwyn's joke, Selvaggio hands the scroll over to the halfling. "I cannot make out what it says. Any chance you know what these strange symbols mean?"

Bending over to pick up the shortsword the skeleton was weilding, Selvaggio shows the quality of it to the rest of the group. "This isn't jagged or rusted. I wonder where he came across this?"

Remove ads