• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Voadam

Legend
"Then in we go." Kordunn leads the way, polearm at the ready and wary for walking corpses.

[SBLOCK] detect evil. [/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
Putting the short sword through his belt until he can find a proper scabbard, Selvaggio addresses the group. "Well we saw that they came from within those gates, but where exactly within is what I'd like to know. Luckily Intrepido has the nose for following trails and tracks, and I have the eyes for the same. Let's see what we can find."

Leading Intrepido over to one of the corpses, Selvaggio give his companion a command to start tracking by their scent. As Intrepido starts to head off in the direction they came from, Selvaggio keeps his own eyes on the path to see if he can follow any tracks left behind by the group of undead.

[sblock] Selvaggio Survival: +10
Intrepido Survival: +5 (when by scent, +1 otherwise)[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
So the group turns towards the graveyard. Surely now during the day, with the sun shining brightly, this place cannot be that bad. Intrepido reluctantly gets his nose closer to the fallen corpses, the dead don't usually bother him much, but the wolf reacts differently to these unnatural beings. However, now that they are destroyed, and the dark powers, which animated them, are dissipating, Intrepido picks up their scent and leads along the way they had come and thus slowly moves towards the gates with the group of adventurers following him.

Thanee

First Post
Slowly and warily, the group enters the graveyard. The moment they cross the gate, the weather begins to worsen. Dark clouds are gathering quicker than anyone has ever seen. All of a sudden, thunder begins to growl in the distance. The whole world is drowned in darkness, only occasional flashes of lightning light up the graveyard every now and then. The adventurers can barely see the gravestones all around, or the trees rustling in the slight breeze, or the buildings in the center of the large cemetery; only the few, whose eyes are able to pierce the darkness, still see the black and white outlines of the surroundings, but even their vision is seriously hampered compared to earlier. Without a doubt, this is not a natural occurance.

In the distance, a sound of stone grinding on stone can be heard...

Kordunn:
[SBLOCK]No evil auras... yet.[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
Selvaggio (human) and Intrepido

"Very unnatural weather we have here right now. But I heard something over in that direction," Selvaggio states with a very nervous tone to his voice as he points in the direction he believes he heard it come from. "Unfortanetly, my eyes aren't very good in this type of weather."

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

"Yes, this is most unnatural and I can't see well either, but perhaps your noble canine will be able to continue the trail." Eldwyn puts away his sling and takes out a flail.

Voadam

Legend
"Dwarven eyes can see in the dark but if it pours down rain the water could block our vision as well. It seems that living beings entering here triggered this. Let us see if anything is emerging from the stone but if we need to withdraw quickly stay with Kylest or myself so you do not wander deeper in. Call out if your surface vision fails entirely and I will extend my polearm for you to hold onto." Kordunn takes the lead and heads towards the sound of grinding stone.

Thanee

First Post
Slowly, the group heads towards the source of the grinding sound. It has stopped now and in its stead clacking bones and footsteps can be heard. Many of them. It doesn't take long until the dwarves and Elmus (Oog), who seems to get along in the dark rather well for a halfling, can see the first undead ahead. They come straight for the group and there is maybe a dozen of them, animated corpses, skeletons, hunched figures.

Overhead the thunder and lightning have grown in intensity, every now and then a lightning flash illuminates the area for an eye-blink and even more movement can be seen at the sides and behind the advancing undead, but it is quickly obfuscated by the shadows again. It does become apparent, however, that some of the undead are circling the group, trying to get into their back.

Eldwyn:
[SBLOCK]Skeletons and Zombies are mindless creatures, they wouldn't normally do something like surrounding an enemy, unless some form of intelligence is controlling them.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads