A Reason

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Falls over!

Awww Donny loves us! *looks puzzled* Hold on...no she loves 'it'. Ahhh well. It feels odd, to be able to stand/type in this thread and be classified an oldy. I mean really...'tis scaring me! I'm not old. I swear! But she's right...Points to Don. The reason I stay is for all the people I've met!

Jeajea

First Post
I love the replies you all give... this is a modern world, after five years you're thought of as an old faithful, reliable, a long-time-er. Amusing...

Dontella

First Post
Five years is an impossible time.. as the internet goes..

and longer still... is downright spooky :)

And I love you All ... so there Ariel..:)

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Dontella said:
Five years is an impossible time.. as the internet goes..

and longer still... is downright spooky :)

And I love you All ... so there Ariel..:)

Swoons.

Oh oh...and the other reason I like to stay is because I can be over dramatic and not get yelled at too much. (See above.) Seriously, the peoples are pure awesomeness. I'm not quite sure how well I'd be doing if I didn't have my little escape zone. And to think of all the other things I can get away with by using a different name...like like...Hugs anyone who passes within reach! "I love you guys." And not be treated like a psychopath...much.

Litha

First Post
Blindly walks into a hug from Ariel

Eeps
Can someone help me here, this is scarry.
Just kidding.

Seriously thought.
I'm new compared to all you guys (and girls ;) ) it's been roughly 2 to 2.5 years sinse I found the site and I wasn't even looking for a place to play. Hell I didn't even know what ISRP was. I was hooked in the first week I joined, not just because of that little edge of escapism some of you mentioned (and boy did I need that), but mainly because I was made to feel welcom. A total stranger actually took me by the hand (figuratively speaking) and showed me around, introduced me to other players and helped me to understand the chat commands. I'm sorry to say I can't remember who it was, but still I want to give a big "thank you" and my eternal gratitude.

As to why I keep coming back, that's easy, I have friends here. People I've never really met but whom I'm happy to see when ever I have a chance to come online. I no longer need the escapism and that's in no small part due to everyone who ever let me play with them.

So Thanks to you all, and I'll see you online. :D

Blessed be.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Pouts after not getting a hug from Jeajea...

I figure after two and a half years you've got the ropes. It's a good age to be, before you get cynical like me! I'm joking. I believe the best person to as the reason as to why people visit the site is all the new peoples that join in! I mean something must have drawn them here! I was introduced by a friend, never looked back. It's just such a shame that real life works its way into my ISRPing time. But either way, the place is a dream come true, quite literally at times. And there's nothing I'd wouldn't trade to spend more time here.

Junian

First Post
::nods agreeingly with Litha and Ariel::
I'd like to say I've been around ISRP about ::does the math:: 5 years, but in truth, I've been in an out that whole time. Add it all up, I've probably only been around here for 3 or so years. Either way, I started young, my older brother was big with Wizards, so before I even played D&D or games like that, I was whoring myself away on Wiz. ((not really whoring, I swear.))
But now, I've grown, I have more characters for table top games than I do on here. . . But I'm still professional lurker on the boards(>.<), and still drown myself in the escape that wizards and this ISRP has given me every weekend morning that I have the time to do such. (And sometimes other random times)

I actually dont know many of you. Most of my characters tend to be on the shy side and stay to themselves. . . But I appreciate and love you all for RPing around and allowing a lurker like me to read your funny and interesting happenings. It defiantly makes my mood, like, a thousand times better just to be around here and to be a part of something so awesome and welcoming as this.

^.^

Last edited:

Remove ads