CRT & Setting Update

Jaka Blader

First Post
I can help

Siani I'm pretty good at descriptive text, as well as editing pics (Once I get access to the software I need ugh stupid '99 model comp). If you need anymore text help feel free to email me at ravengoddess_24@yahoo.com and I would be more than happy to help you out.

Magi_Siani

First Post
An interesting question. A single kobold could probably sneak in and keep a low profile. However, trying to walk the streets or draw attention to itself is something else. Assuming it lived to escape the town, it wouldn't likely come back. The tavern is, after all, in the center of a human town.

They look like small lizardmen, and would likely be set upon fairly swiftly. As a result, I'd class them like animals; a quick in for a bit of excitement, then out, but not as a continuous character.

I will listen to arguments to the contrary of course, but for the moment, they can't stay in the tavern for any length of time.

Siani, who may have to revisit the monster rulings soon.

Magatsu

First Post
I dont understand this, why do we have rules if they are easly thwarted by whim or the thought that it is a good idea, or maybe its a moderators friend. Why does one person that is of a same kind of character told they are going against the rules of the setting, but others are welcome?

Dribble.

First Post
Hm. Because common sense MAY override rules? Siani half-allowed the Kobold for as long as a day.
The Kobold stayed one day.
You can't punish someone of homicide intent if he only slapped the victim.

Magatsu

First Post
My post has nothing to do with a kobolt, and if you really want common sense Ill offer the most plain in the terms of D&D + Kobolt + town

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Magatsu said:
I dont understand this, why do we have rules if they are easly thwarted by whim or the thought that it is a good idea, or maybe its a moderators friend. Why does one person that is of a same kind of character told they are going against the rules of the setting, but others are welcome?
The moderators don't let people break the rules on a "whim" or because the player thought it was a good idea or because someone is the moderator's friend.

However if someone has a good idea that is isn't too far outside the rules, and they think they can justify it within the setting, then they can put their argument to the setting coordinator FIRST, before doing it, and go by that. We're not slaves to our own setting restrictions. Sometimes we may be willing to test an outside case and see how it goes, and yeah, it might even lead to changing the restrictions. But always clear it FIRST. Anyone can contact any of us through ISRPmagi@gmail.com.

In such cases it probably doesn't hurt to add "by dispensation of Magi Siani as a test case" or something similar to your description so that everyone else doesn't jump on you. :p

Note that this only applies to setting restrictions. The rest of the CoC isn't going to change.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Magatsu said:
My post has nothing to do with a kobolt, and if you really want common sense Ill offer the most plain in the terms of D&D + Kobolt + town
You are in fact generalizing from the Kobold case. I only know of two dispensations in the Tavern, both with severe limitations on what was allowed. And one of them was abused and the player will not be allowed to do it again. And by the way, this isn't a D&D site.

Magatsu

First Post
I am sorry I am infact NOT speaking anything of the Kolbolt, you are wrong.

We can talk in PMs of the boards if you want to disgus further

Remove ads