CRT & Setting Update

Magi_Siani

First Post
Thanks guys. :)

Real life has been hectic. However, I am currently able to be about and lend myself to working the site.

Tavern: The rules have been up for a while. I *will* enforce them, and I don't need to catch someone redhanded to have a word with them. So keep the vampires, trolls, etc out of the Tavern. There are other rooms that allow for them. Use them.

Thanks

Siani

Magi_Siani

First Post
Characters in the Tavern

Hiya guys

A recent exchange with some patrons has caused me to look at the rule regarding non-humanoid characters in the Tavern. Specifically, there has been confusion over the no wings and tails comment and who exactly that applies to.

In a nutshell..it applies to everyone. No character, of any type, may have visible wings, tails, horns, claws, etc. Doesn't matter if they are Arvariel or Raptoran, or Celestial or Erinyes. It just isn't allowed. So it isn't just demons, devils, and outsiders. All characters.

Doesn't mean your character can't have them, just means they can't be visible to other patrons in the Tavern. They must be hidden or disguised somehow.

Why? Because the Flanaess finished a ridiculously vicious war that featured outsiders, demons, devils, and strange folk with odd deformities. People of Oerth want none of it...and most fear the war is only sleeping while the nations gather their strength. So to walk into a human city and enter a tavern there simply isn't going to go nicely. The owners wouldn't allow it, the Watch wouldn't allow it, and so on. They aren't going to wait to see if someone is good, bad, indifferent, elf, bird, or what have you. While the CRT has an owner that doesn't much care what a being is, she still has to deal with the authorities and the locals in town. Hence, she basically follows the path of least trouble.

I considered actually changing the Setting Rules to more tightly define this, but chose rather to put it here as an explanation for the time being. The tighter we try to define things, the more rules we have to have, and I am not interested in writing that many rules. Judgement has always been, and will always be, a part of this game we play. For the nonce, the Setting Rules will remain as written and I will post clarifications as needed here. Should I get enough to warrant an actual change in the writing of the rules, then I'll go ahead and do so.

Siani
ISRP Lead

Magi_Siani

First Post
Update!

Hiya gang

The Calendar and Journal have been updated, finally. Sorry for the delay. You may view them here:

http://www.oakstone-keep.com/ISRP.html

The area is still under construction in most ways...I am working on the town maps and tavern floorplan maps as well as other aspects. One of these days they'll be finished.

Siani

Remove ads